1st February 2010, 05:14 PM
kirti raj

How should I prepare for entrance exam for admission in advertising and public relation? Which books to read for the exam? Previous years question papers for the exam?

sir,
i m kirti raj i want to get admission in pgdm in advertising and public relation i m a fresshar please help me out how should 1 prepare for entrance exam andwhat should i read for entrance in this above stream and please if u r able then please send me the previuos year entrance papper of this stream please help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for entrance exam to get admission in PGDM in Advertising and Public relation in IIMC? Previous years question papers of IIMC
  2. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Process of Public Relations Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. IIMC advertising and public relation course entrance exam syllabus & previous year questions papers? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Previous year entrance exam question papers for PG Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations at Punjab University? -- [New]
  5. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Priciples of Public Relations Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Tools of Public Relations Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising And Public Relations-Introduction To Advertising Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. How to prepare for PG in Advertising and PR entrance exam in IIMC?
  9. Previous 5 year Question Papers for TNPSC Group 4 Exam with answers? Which Books should I prepare fore this?
  10. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Media Planning Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Advertising Campaigns Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Integrated marketing Communications Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Sample question paper for advertising and public relation entrance exam
  14. syllabus for entrance exam in public relations(pg course)
  15. Madurai Kamaraj University M.A. in Advertising and Public Relations-Creating Advertisements Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Which books should I read to prepare for the entrance of National Law University? What type of question papers should I refer?
  17. Books to be read to prepare for DNB exam July Session? Previous years question paper?
  18. How to prepare for the entrance exam for admission for M.Com course in Nagarjuna University? What is M.Com entrance exam pattern? Question papers of M.Com last 4 years?
1st June 2011, 11:36 PM
raghu70

Default Re: How should I prepare for entrance exam for admission in advertising and public relation? Which books to read for the exam? Previous years question papers for the exam?

hai....
i am pursuing b.tech final year (ece stream).i am interest on getting job in CBI .so please give me information about CBI JOB
1st June 2011, 11:57 PM
raghu70

Default Re: How should I prepare for entrance exam for admission in advertising and public relation? Which books to read for the exam? Previous years question papers for the exam?

hi sir ,
my friend is complete M.Sc. in microbiology& biotechnology . he want to join CBI . what is the procedure . plz reply

thankyou
1st June 2011, 11:59 PM
raghu70

hai...sir
information about plcc communication............
2nd June 2011, 09:20 PM
vikul

Thumbs up Re: How should I prepare for entrance exam for admission in advertising and public relation? Which books to read for the exam? Previous years question papers for the exam?

Dear friend,

check out the following links,they may be useful for you

http://www.aboutpublicrelations.net/ucdriscolla.htm

http://advertising.about.com/cs/care...tisingvspr.htm

good luck
2nd June 2011, 11:11 PM
bnk4

hai........
how ECE students prepare for BSNL TTA Exam? & plz provide last 5 years papers.............
2nd June 2011, 11:16 PM
bnk4

sir any one provide me SBI previous PO papers.........
2nd June 2011, 11:39 PM
baljinder aujla

Courses offered by the IIMC:

• Post Graduate Diploma:

1. Journalism (English)
2. Journalism (Hindi)
3. Advertising and Public Relations
4. Radio & TV Journalism
5. Journalism (Oriya).

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates should be less than 25 years of age as on 1st August, 2011 and have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institute/university. Students in their final year of graduation can also apply. Preference is given to candidates having Post graduation and media related work experience. Furthermore other factors which include past academic records as well as extracurricular activities may provide a decisive edge to the chances of admission for the individual candidates.

Important Dates:

• Commencement of sale of application forms: First week of March, 2011
• Last date of submitting completed application forms: Mid week of April, 2011
• Date of Entrance Examination: Last week of May, 2011
• Interview Dates: Last week of June, 2011

How to Apply:

Candidates have to apply online through the website www.iimc.nic.in . After applying online candidates have to take a print out of the form and send it along with a demand draft and other documents to IIMC. Before filing up the application form, all the candidates are advised to carefully go through the instructions mentioned in the above official website. Non following of any of the instructions may result in cancellation of the Application form itself.

Contact Details:

Indian Institute of Mass Communication
JNU New Campus
Aruna asif ali road
New Delhi – 110067

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/iimc-2009-pgdm/#ixzz1O2Gy2Umo
3rd June 2011, 09:01 PM
baljinder aujla

But the first thing is to choose the test.
Below are few types of aptitute tests-
1. CAT (combined admission test)
2. MAT (management aptitute test)
3. Central & state university's tests. Etc
After qualifying any of these exams, you will get good colleges where you can opt for your subjects of choice.

Select maximum up to 3 on different topics from the following :

Career Forum Study Material. Exhaustive Material + Tests -Correspondence .

Career Launcher Study Material. Contains right from foundations, fundamentals, sprints and Take offs

IMS STUDY MATERIAL by IMS. Contains Basic reference material, sectional tests and Mock test

Study material from PT India.

Time Course Material by Time Coaching Inst. Covers extensive range of questions.
Books to be Read atleast 1 Year Prior to Test
Word Power Made Easy by Goyal saab. Introduces the roots.
Book1yearbefore.htm Books to be Read During Last 18 Months
Select any four, including 1 newspaper. :- Business & Management Chronicle .. Book18Mrbefore.htm Books During Last 12 Months (Comments)
I m doing coaching at T.I.M.E and they have provided me with the material..
BookComments.htm

Quantative aptitude by Arun Sharma. A very good book for Math section .

Quantitative Aptitude by Edgar Thorpe, a pretty nice book to follow.

Quantitative Methods A really great book to start for quantitative aptitude.

Quantitative ability by Trishna's Having easy, moderate & difficult sections.

Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal. Contains a lot of questions for practicing from beginner to hard level and some shortcuts.

Quantitative aptitude for MBA entrance exam by Tatamcgrawhill (author: Abhijit Guha)

MBA Entrance Made Easy by Murtuza Gadiwala. A good book for maths and DI.

Quantitative Apptitude for MBA by Tata Mcgraw Hill.

How to prepare for the data interpretation for cat by TMH good for practice.

Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal. Very nice book to follow. You are also provided with cd. This book is specially for CAT exam.

How to prepare for CAT by Tata Mcgraw Hill . It has mock tests and chapters for taking cat.
3rd June 2011, 09:02 PM
baljinder aujla

Smile Re: How should I prepare for entrance exam for admission in advertising and public relation? Which books to read for the exam? Previous years question papers for the exam?

But the first thing is to choose the test.
Below are few types of aptitute tests-
1. CAT (combined admission test)
2. MAT (management aptitute test)
3. Central & state university's tests. Etc
After qualifying any of these exams, you will get good colleges where you can opt for your subjects of choice.

Select maximum up to 3 on different topics from the following :

Career Forum Study Material. Exhaustive Material + Tests -Correspondence .

Career Launcher Study Material. Contains right from foundations, fundamentals, sprints and Take offs

IMS STUDY MATERIAL by IMS. Contains Basic reference material, sectional tests and Mock test

Study material from PT India.

Time Course Material by Time Coaching Inst. Covers extensive range of questions.
Books to be Read atleast 1 Year Prior to Test
Word Power Made Easy by Goyal saab. Introduces the roots.
Book1yearbefore.htm Books to be Read During Last 18 Months
Select any four, including 1 newspaper. :- Business & Management Chronicle .. Book18Mrbefore.htm Books During Last 12 Months (Comments)
I m doing coaching at T.I.M.E and they have provided me with the material..
BookComments.htm

Quantative aptitude by Arun Sharma. A very good book for Math section .

Quantitative Aptitude by Edgar Thorpe, a pretty nice book to follow.

Quantitative Methods A really great book to start for quantitative aptitude.

Quantitative ability by Trishna's Having easy, moderate & difficult sections.

Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal. Contains a lot of questions for practicing from beginner to hard level and some shortcuts.

Quantitative aptitude for MBA entrance exam by Tatamcgrawhill (author: Abhijit Guha)

MBA Entrance Made Easy by Murtuza Gadiwala. A good book for maths and DI.

Quantitative Apptitude for MBA by Tata Mcgraw Hill.

How to prepare for the data interpretation for cat by TMH good for practice.

Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal. Very nice book to follow. You are also provided with cd. This book is specially for CAT exam.

How to prepare for CAT by Tata Mcgraw Hill . It has mock tests and chapters for taking cat.
15th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Since you have not told about your recent class so i couldnt say about the eligibility concern but as far as admission in advertising and relation course is concerned , there is no admission test provision in most of the colleges and universities.
In order to get admission , one need to apply via application form and present himself/herself in front of them interview. This is the selection procedure for admission.

I am mentioning some of the main institutes/universities of India which provide degree/diploma in advertising and public relation course.....
  • Advertising Club, Madras (Chennai-600006)-PG Diploma in Advertising (Part-time)
  • Annamalai University (Annamalainagar-608002)-PG Diploma in Public Relations: Pg Diploma in Advertising
  • Banaras Hindu University (Varanasi-221005)-Certificate in Advertising Design. Duration: One Year. Eligibility: A pass in 10+2 examination
  • Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Centre for vocational Studies (Indore-452001)- Master of Advertising & Public Relations Management (MAPRM); Diploma in Advertising and Photography; Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
  • Dr B R Ambedkar Open University (Hyderabad-500033)-Bachelor of Public Relations (BPR) (distance learning mode open to Graduates)
  • Gujarat University (Ahmebad-380009)-PG Diploma in Communication Journalism and Public Relations
  • Guru Jambeshwar University (Hisar-125001)-PG Diploma in Advertisement and Public Relations
  • Indian Institute of Advertising (KD-76 Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad)-PG Diploma in Advertising Management (One-year) and Diploma in Advertising Management (Three-years)
  • Indian Institute of Management and Technology (affiliated to H N B Garhwal University) Dehra Dun-240004)-Bachelor of Advertising and Public Relations Management (BAPRM). Duration: Three Years. Eligibility: A pass in 10+2 examination
  • Indian Institute of Mass Communication (New Delhi-110067)-PG Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
  • Jamia Millia University (New Delhi-110025)-Diploma in Commercial Art and Advertising
  • Madurai Kamaraj University (Madurai-625021)-MA (Advertisement and Public Relations) (Distance Learning Mode)
  • Mudra Institute of Communication Ahmedabad (MICA) (Ahmedabad-380058)-Postgraduate Programme in Communications; Programme in Creating Advertising (in association with National Institute of Design (New Delhi)
  • Makhanlal Charturvedi Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya (Bhopal-462016)-PG Diploma in Communication & Public Relations; Marketing States and Advertisement Management
  • Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai-400056)-PG Diploma in Advertising and Communication Management
  • National Institute of Advertising (New Delhi-110002)-PG Diploma in Advertising and Communication (Two years); Also offers an online one-year PG Diploma in Advertising and Communication
  • University of Pune (Pune-411007)-MA (Mass Relations)
  • Sri Padmavathi Mahila Vishwavidyalaya (Tirupati-517502)-PG Diploma in Public Relations
  • Simbiosis Institute of Business Management (Pune-411044)-Autonomous Master’s Programme in Advertising and Communication.
21st October 2011, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

sir,
please tell me the syllabus for iimc entrance exam for pg in advertising and pr and from where to study.
another query i have is whether we need to qualify cat or mat for this exam or not?
5th February 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

how should i prepare for entrance examadmission in mass communication ? which books to read for the entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?