29th December 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for UGC exam? I am a PG in English with 55%

hello sir i've qualified my post graduation in eng. with 55per. I want to give ugc net exam .TELL ME HOW TO PREPARE FOR IT.

30th December 2011, 02:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for UGC exam? I am a PG in English with 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir i've qualified my post graduation in eng. with 55per. I want to give ugc net exam .TELL ME HOW TO PREPARE FOR IT.
NET stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

For this year Both NET Examination was completed. So If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for this examination next year because the Notification of June 2012 NET Examination will be Published on April 2012. Eligible candidates fill the NET Application form Online.

The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form on SBI Bank.

There are 3 papers in NET Examination and all are conducted in Same day in 2 session. There are 2 papers in First session and both are Objective and Last paper is Descriptive, You have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of Post graduation.

If you have completed your Post graduation in English, then you can choose English Subjects in your NET Examination.

Please Prepare well for NET Examination as per the pattern and Syllabus.

The Syllabus and Previous year question paper of NET is availiable in the official website, So please check the official website for complete Information :

http://ugcnetonline.in
21st February 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How should I prepare for UGC exam? I am a PG in English with 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have you got exactly 55% or is it 54.5 rounded off to 55%. I ask this pertinent question because ugc doesn't accept a 55% that is rounded off to the next integer.

Well, if you have 55%, congratulations. The road to the UGC -NET exams is not that difficult. First, remember to have the syllabus for all the three papers by heart. Then, plan much much ahead... if say, you're taking the exams in december, start at least in January. Systematic preparation is the key to great success. All the best!
- SR
2nd March 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, I completed my M.A. English literature with 54.6% from S.V.University Tirupati in 1994. Can I eligible to write NET exam?
18th February 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am student of M. A. history I want clear net exam please tell me reffrence books3
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?