15th December 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university after M.A in English and UGC NET examination qualified?

I have done my M.A in English with 60% marks from Punjab University and qualified the UGC-NET examination. I want to take admission in Ph.D in English from P.U Chandigarh. Please inform whether I am required to appear in entrance exam? Or only in the internal test conducted by the department of English and what will be the syllabus for that and when it will be conducted?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to appear in Kanpur University PhD(English) entrance exam if qualified in UGC-NET? Syllabus of PhD(English) entrance exam of Kanpur University?
  2. Colleges offering PhD in English Literature for UGC-NET qualified candidate in Pune? Can I do Lectureship?
  3. Possibilities of doing Ph.D. in Architecture after ME in same?
  4. Can I appear for UGC-NET before Post Graduation? What subject to choose in PhD after MA English?
  5. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  6. Universities for Ph.D English with eligibility criteria of 50% marks? will M.Phil degree help in direct admission to Ph.D?
  7. PhD from AMET University is approved by UGC?
  8. What are the steps I need to follow to do Ph.D in mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Mathematics?
  9. Eligibility to get admission in PhD(Geography) course in Panjab University for UGC-NET qualified candidate who has secured 59.1% In M.Sc?
  10. UGC recognized universities for PhD in English in New Delhi through distance or regular mode -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How may I get solved question papers for UGC NET exam in English? How may I join PhD in English?
  12. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  13. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  15. Can I get admission to study PhD in Geography being a UGC-NET qualified Assistant Government Teacher?
  16. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  17. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  18. Does Bundelkhand University has authentication to offer PhD course?
16th December 2015, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university after M.A in English and UGC NET examination qualified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my M.A in English with 60% marks from Punjab University and qualified the UGC-NET examination. I want to take admission in Ph.D in English from P.U Chandigarh. Please inform whether I am required to appear in entrance exam? Or only in the internal test conducted by the department of English and what will be the syllabus for that and when it will be conducted?
You have completed MA degree in English and you have qualified in UGC NET exam so you can do Ph.D in English from PU Chandigarh.

For online application of Ph.D course in English Click Here
16th December 2015, 05:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D admission in English in Punjab university after M.A in English and UGC NET examination qualified?

Being UGC NET qualified you don't have to appear for any other entrance exam conducted by the university. You just have to apply on a prescribed application form when university announce the admission. You have to appear for interview and viva for registration as a PH.D scholar.

Hence, you have to be prepared for the interview stage. Get your research topic ready with a presentation. There will be thorough evaluation of your performance in the interview before you are selected for registration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?