13th December 2010, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

How should I remember the Chemical Equations, Valencies and Formulas in Chemistry?

i dont know to study chemistry and maths .I am not remebering the chemical equations ,valencies and formulae.Is tere any trick for remebering ?

11th July 2011, 12:31 AM
Experthelp

Default Re: How should I remember the Chemical Equations, Valencies and Formulas in Chemistry?

How can u remember different names of your friends in your class? Because you meet them everyday. Similarly, u need to revise chemistry at least for one hour on a daily basis. There is no short cut to success.
11th July 2011, 11:08 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: How should I remember the Chemical Equations, Valencies and Formulas in Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i dont know to study chemistry and maths .I am not remebering the chemical equations ,valencies and formulae.Is tere any trick for remebering ?
there is no trick for these. you can learn chemical equations by writing them again and again. for valencies, you will have to learn the periodic table. but remember one thing that in every group. all the members are having same valency. so if you know the valency of one member of a group. you will be able to find all the other members. for formulae, you will have to solve a lot of numericals. after that you will be able to remember them.
23rd July 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

how d u remember chemistry valencies. is there any pneumonic?
22nd August 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

i am also having difficulties to learn the valency..!! :(
22nd September 2011, 06:42 PM
dhruvitaa

Unhappy Sadness and afraidness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experthelp View Post
How can u remember different names of your friends in your class? Because you meet them everyday. Similarly, u need to revise chemistry at least for one hour on a daily basis. There is no short cut to success.
I am studying in 8th std. i really find difficulties in remembering and learning chemical equations.Although i m getting 1st or 2nd rank i can't remember it? What should i do?plz plz plz help me?From 4th october my exam are going to start?plz plz plz plz plz plz help me?
18th November 2011, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

try to memorise it when you get any free time. repeat it atleast ten times a day(in different times of the day)
19th November 2011, 09:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Chemistry is a subject that you have to learn and mug up. Specially the Inorganic and Physical Chemistry.

Most of the students find chemistry to be the easiest among all three subjects. Its just because, it can be learnt and mugged up.

However I wouldn't say to learn the organic part. Its highly delicate and conceptual. If you are to master it, practice is the one and only way. Drown yourself in the organic and you won't want to come back.

Now regarding the Valencies and Formulas, you have to keep a very regular practice. Do not leave chemistry for some days even, as it would rub all the learnt data from your memory.
Keep in constant touch and practice it regularly. This is the only way by which one can learn them.

You can make charts of these and stick them on the walls of your room, so that in and out you can revise them, see them.

In the end, you should try to memorize as much as you can. A good teacher may also come handy.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
29th November 2011, 12:20 PM
litunu

there is no trick for these. you can learn chemical equations by writing them again and again. for valencies, you will have to learn the periodic table. but remember one thing that in every group. all the members are having same valency. so if you know the valency of one member of a group. you will be able to find all the other members. for formulae, you will have to solve a lot of numericals. after that you will be able to remember them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?