13th April 2013, 10:42 PM
basavaraj.I.A

How should I write NET entrance exam? I am studying M.Com

now i am studying mcom first year i am interested for writing net exam plz give information on net exam

14th April 2013, 08:31 AM
kunwar khurmi
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How should I write NET entrance exam? I am studying M.Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by basavaraj.I.A View Post
now i am studying mcom first year i am interested for writing net exam plz give information on net exam
yes of course you can appear in the examination. Any candidate appearing in masters can go for the test but the thing is that if you cleared the test then you have to submit your degree or final marks sheet of final year which is the prof that you have completed your masters but time period is just one year. this means you have to complete you masters within one year of clearing of the test.
all the best , go ahead for exam as it could add in your experience and somehoe knowledge.
14th April 2013, 12:30 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I write NET entrance exam? I am studying M.Com

NET Stands National Eligibility Test

It is a entrance exam for post graduation courses in India .

It is administered by the University Grants Commission

Educational Qualification :

Candidates must be complete Post Graduation with min of 55% aggregate from a recognized University

5% marks restrictions for SC/ST candidates

Age limit :

Lectureship : min of 19 years & there is no upper age relaxations

JRF : Min of 19 years & Max of 28 years

Attached Files
File Type: pdf net.pdf(25.4 KB, 125 views)
14th April 2013, 06:05 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test (NET) can be written for two purposes. Either you are interested in Junior Research Fellowship or you are interested in College Lectureship.

Only candidates interested in above should apply for the National Eligibility Test. You can appear for it if have completed post graduation. However those who are in final year of PG course are also allowed.

Since you are in first year of Master of Commerce, you are not eligible as for now. But you will be eligible during the final year of M.Com course. Once you are eligible wait for the notification from the University Grants Commission which is published couple of months ahead of the exam.

The exam is conducted in June and December therefore the notification is released twice a year. Apart from the leading newspapers it is also made available on the official website of the UGC-NET.

But before you apply for the National Eligibility Test please ensure that you are meeting the following criteria to be eligible for this exam.

Eligibility

1. UGC-NET is only for Indian nationals.

2. Unless you have post graduation degree you can not appear.

3. Post graduation degree should have been secured with 55 percent marks.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks in post graduation.

5. Your subject for NET would be Commerce.

6. As mentioned you can appear during final year.

7. But only do so if you can meet percentage and submit degree in 2 years.

8. Unable to do so you will be disqualified.

9. There are unlimited number of attempts.

10. Your age should not be more than 28 years to apply for JRF.

11. There is no upper age for lectureship.
14th April 2013, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

How sould pripare pcs .I want know about books.Irshad chaudhary.
15th April 2013, 03:28 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Basavaraj,

The Acronym "NET" stands for the National Eligibility Test. The University Grants Commission conducts the National Eligibility Test Every year for those candidates are likely to apply for any of the following posts :

1) Lectureship

2) Junior Research Fellowship

The University Grants Commission has set some eligibility criteria which everyone has to fulfill if he/she wants to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

These Eligibility Criteria Set by the UGC are :

* The candidate must have completed post graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

* The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in Post Graduation.

* Candidates who are currently in the final year of Post Graduation are also eligible to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

* The Age Limit criteria apply only for the post of JRF and is 21-28 years for those candidates who belong to General Category.

* Relaxation in upper age of 3 years is given to those candidates who belong to OBC Category whereas those candidates who belong to SC/ST Category get a relaxation of 5 years in upper age.

* Moreover , there is no age limit criteria for the post of Lectureship.

* The candidate appearing for the National Eligibility Test must be an Indian Citizen.

Since , you are currently studying in the 1st year of M.Com and also from the above mentioned eligibility criteria , you too can understand that you are currently not eligible for the National eligibility Test.

If you want to Appear for the National Eligibility Test , then i advise you to complete your M.Com Degree Course first with a minimum of 55% marks.

Lastly for your sake of convenience , i would like to inform you that the University Grants Commission conducts the National eligibility Test twice in a year in the months of June and December to provide fair opportunity to those candidates who want to shape their future in these posts.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope teh information will help you to the extent you want.
15th April 2013, 07:46 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Now you are in first year post graduation so you are not eligible for NET exam because the candidates who are completed their post graduation or final year of post graduation are eligible. NET exam details are given below.

Eligibility criteria:-

The applicant should have to complete Post graduation from a recognised university.

Final year post graduation students are also eligible.

55% of marks are required for this exam.

50% of marks are required for SC/ST candidates.

Candidate should be a citizen of India.

Age criteria:-

The age limits for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) --> Maximum age limit is 28 years and there is no minimum age limit.

There is a relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates,

There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

No age limits for Lectureship applying candidates.

Exam pattern:-

More details CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
15th April 2013, 10:41 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends…… ..

Yes, you can eligible for this exam

Here i am giving the minimum eligibility rules for assistant professor job as per UGC

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

You must have passed in master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized institutute And you must have cleared exams like NET conducted by UGC or CSIR or other similar tests like SLET/SET and candidates with Ph.D degree are exempted for above 2 criteria's and can apply for the post of assistant professor job.So , if you need to complete your Ph.D for the above job.and your age limit is 19-28 yrs

All the best
16th April 2013, 12:02 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Raj,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is the national level entrance examination in India for postgraduate candidates who wish to qualify for admission in PhD research and/or university level teaching jobs in India.

UGC(University Grants Commission) conducts NET examination twice every year in the months of June and December for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) and Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any discipline from any accredited college or university.

* 55% marks required for Open and OBC contenders.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contenders.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs - JRF.
No age limit - Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?