4th May 2011, 04:10 PM
vivekagarwal

How should my 8 years old son prepare for IPS exam?

My son is 8 years old i want him to persue for IPS please guide...can you please tell me how should my son prepare for the exam?

5th May 2011, 12:16 AM
shermin
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should my 8 years old son prepare for IPS exam?

The eligibility for IPS is a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
Since your son is still small.Wait till he completes his graduation.

15th August 2011, 12:44 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekagarwal View Post
My son is 8 years old i want him to persue for IPS please guide...can you please tell me how should my son prepare for the exam?
I Like the Confidence of your Son to become IPS Officer in Future. But they are small child, So just wait first complete his 12Th examination and then he will starts his Preparation.

But the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for IPS Examination was Graduation.

So, Firstly complete his Graduation and then They are eligible for IPS Examination, But Now they are Too Small.

The Examination was Conducted By UPSC Every Year and Graduation is The Minimum eligibility To apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination you need to Fulfill the Given eligibility Criteria -

>> You need to be a graduation in any discipline form a recognised University.

>> Your age Should between 21 to 30 years (If you are a general candidates). Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved Category Candidates.

>> Final year Candidates are also eligible for UPSC Civil services examination.

The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official Website in the Month of February every year, Eligible candidates May fill the application form Online OR also Obtained the application form Directly form the Post Offices In India.

So, Please Complete Graduation and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS officer in future and for more Information please visit the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in

15th August 2011, 01:09 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: How should my 8 years old son prepare for IPS exam?

This is too much. Your son is still 8yrs. First of all let him decide his own future show him the choices left for him and he will choose his own. To become an IPS officer he must clear an UPSC exam for which he must be a graduate. So he can start his preparation for UPSC exam after 11th std. Just wait. Please don't decide your son's future your self let him do it.

15th August 2011, 02:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Vivek,
Your son is too young to decide his career and its even too early for you to do so. As you must know that to become an IPS officer, one has to write civil service exam which can only be written by graduates and the minimum eligible age is 21 years. So, there is enough time left for your son to prepare for the exam, if at certain age he decides to do so.
However, since you have asked, you should ask your son to follow news, current affairs and you should try to build his interest in general knowledge including history, geography etc. You must also make him work hard in English as it is,apart from general studies, an important subject in the civil service exam.
These are the only thing you can do and ask to do to your 8 year old son and try not put too mush pressure on him as it could make the situation worst.

6th October 2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

I m housewife. I will be 30 in nov. Will i subit form for ips before nov.?

27th August 2022, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

how should i prepare my 8.5 years child to become an IPS which is his dream?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?