28th July 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IPS and IAS exam? I am 10 years old

My son is 10 years old. Please tell me how do I start preparing him for the IPS and IAS exams?

2nd June 2015, 11:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for IPS and IAS exam? I am 10 years old

Your aim/dream and initiative to fulfill it really surprised and pleased me. To be an IAS/IPS officer you have to clear the Civil Services examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is amongst the toughest of all other examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate mist have graduation degree from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age in upper age limit for the other category candidates.

So you have about 11years to prepare which I think is much and if you are determined to acheive your goal you will finally get success. But from now I can only suggest you to go through the English newspaper and General knowledge preparation. This will benefit you allot.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

It is must needed to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection. So you must have to work hard to get success. Because every year about 3,50,000 candidate apply for it and 1200 lucky make it to the final selection.

So for more information regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. Other than this you can also keep attention to the General studied ( Social Studies ).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?