28th October 2011, 08:06 PM
Jyoti Ranjan Sahoo

How to start my GATE preparation without coaching? Best books for it?

I continue my B.Tech(3rd) in Electrical Engineering so how shall start my gate preparation without any coaching and which books best for me.

30th October 2011, 11:21 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start my GATE preparation without coaching? Best books for it?

it's a good idea to start preparation for GATE examination from third year of engineering. although in GATE 2012 third year students are not eligible to appear. if you want to be prepare for GATE examination i will suggest you first to study your text book carefully. when you are preparing for your university examination then not only prepare for university examination prepare for GATE examination also.

first go through the syllabus of the GATE examination. from the GATE syllabus when you will study any topic for your semester examination also give more attention to those topic. try to understand the basic part of each topic. in GATE examination question comes generally from the basic part of every topic. all are multiple choice question so if you have good knowledge on your stream then it will be very much easy for you to clear GATE examination.

after completion of text book buy books which are only for GATE examination. you may buy the books GATE by G K Publishers. it is very popular book. there are so many other books also for GATE preparation. now solve problem from these books. you may go through the previous year papers for GATE examination also.

i think if you work hard for GATE preparation attentively surely you can clear the examination. but you may also take admission in any GATE coaching institution. they provide good study material for the preparation as well as mock test conducted by them are very much helpful to clear the GATE examination.

best of luck.
30th October 2011, 11:59 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to start my GATE preparation without coaching? Best books for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyoti Ranjan Sahoo View Post
I continue my B.Tech(3rd) in Electrical Engineering so how shall start my gate preparation without any coaching and which books best for me.

Preparations For GATE

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted every year for admission into the M.Tech courses in the best institutions of India like IITs,NITs,BITS,IISc and many more..

You can refer to the following books for your preparations

I would strongly advice you to join the All India Test Series of a good coaching institute like MADE EASY which will help you to know your position at the competitive level and the scope of improvement required..

I have attached a few sample papers along with this post..

Just go through them and do practice them..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
30th October 2011, 12:20 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start my GATE preparation without coaching? Best books for it?

hi dear.
You can start your study from third year it will be good for you will be experienced after that ..

the best books for GATE exam are as follows.......

good luck.........
30th October 2011, 12:27 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Coaching for the GATE exam is not a compulsion for those who are very much stick towards HIS aim.So If you have a firm determination inside You to clear it yourself then you can easily do it so.But You have to follow the following points as under-

1. Don't feel any burden & take your preparation as light as possible.
2. Its not necessary to cover the whole syllabus but its true that whatever you learn that must be on your tips i.e Quality is more important than the quantity.
3. As negative marking is there in the exam so try to avoid those answers in which you are not sure to attempt.
4. Books & study materials will help you for preparation.
5. Its better for you to touch with your seniors so that time to time they may testify your knowledge & skills.
6. Internet is also a good source for practice of your syllabus & you can learn a lot from the various websites which are specially meant for the students for the self assessment.

For the books of It you can visit to-
http://www.onestopgate.com/books/categories/show-books-by-category.asp?resourceCategoryId=28
30th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Off course you can do it yourself Without Coaching,Then You should follow some points:-

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the GATE.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

for any tips click on :http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-prep...ps-n-trics.asp

side by side you can try on-line mock test:-

1.>http://www.gateforum.com/
2.>http://www.tcyonline.com/
3.>http://www.wiziq.com/

for more visit:http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

4th November 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I'm in first year-EEE. I want to excel in GATE exam. How should I prepare myself to do it?
9th January 2012, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

sir, plz. suggest some of the good books which theory as well as sample question of GATE.........
9th January 2012, 07:28 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to do M.tech after completion of B.tech course..
That's why you want to get prepare for GATE exam..

To crack GATE exam with out taking any coaching classes , you need to work hard..

First of all make a routine to cover the syllabus of each technical papers..

Try to clear all doubts regarding the technical papers..

Study technical papers throughly.. You can also prefer some reference books for GATE exam to get a vast knowledge.

Also you have to solve previous year questions of GATE exam to get an Idea about the exam.

You can prefer books like- GATE 2012 by GK publishers..
Which is very helpful for GATE exam.

Beside this you have to take preparation in aptitude questions..
Aptitude questions are also there .. So, you need to take preparation in aptitude questions..
Practice as many as aptitude questions to solve them quickly..

So, don't waste your time, just go for it.

All the best.
9th January 2012, 07:31 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
Here you are not mentioned your branch for GATE

So how i select for which branch you give the exam

Like:-

9th January 2012, 08:04 PM
pamhele

Smile Re: How to start my GATE preparation without coaching? Best books for it?

Quote:
hello
inorder to prepare for gate that is with out coaching evrey one say's it is so hard and impossible but in the name impossible im possible is there so nothing is imposssible i will give you some steps to follow these steps will help you to reach your goal

step-1:
first make strong desire to reach your goal this step is very importent cause desire is like key to the door of secuess

step-2:
now open the text book and prepare your own material i know it is hard but by doing so it will be easy for you in gate

step-3:
now right down all formuls in a book and read it throughly all the formuls of all chapters as per gate syllabus

and dont ever let your self down even and be strong dont ever give up

all the best
24th January 2012, 06:38 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

It is advisable that you take a coaching for GATE to crack it in first attempt.

But if you don't want to take any, then you have to work very very hard for that.

You should have a very strong base of the subject...a clear idea of all topics...study for atleast 18 hours a day for the exam. And be confident.

Take online study materials for getting the pattern, follow previous years solved papers...
You will get them here!

Follow the standard books...don't try to read those books which is not popular for GATE.

Prepare notes chapter wise...while studying, don't leave any doubt, clear your doubts anyhow!

These are some tips for self study....the rest is up to you.

Be confident and dedicated!

Your stream is Electrical, so you will get the list of best books of your subject here!

All the best for your exam.
3rd February 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

i m persuing my b-tech 3rd yr...what should be the books i read to crack gate examination..???plz suggest
17th April 2012, 04:45 AM
Unregistered

is gud clg helpful 4 giving us better placement and a basic knowledge for gate preparation or we have to study deeply plz suggest i m so confused abt my clg that it is not better?
24th July 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

is there any advantage to prepare gate 2014 with help of ''psus made easy publications''?
31st July 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

sir,can u please give me information regarding the books-authors in eee stream for good score...
19th August 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

i want topic wise notes for preparing gate in IT stream? from where do i get these?
19th August 2012, 08:09 PM
kumarsaibhanu

hi dude,to get a good rank in competitive exams like gate etc,any student must hav a plan to complete the whole syllabus before attending to an exam with a pinholeview in every concept of every subject bcoz having good knowledge in few subjects doesnt gives u best rank,so having knowledge in all subjects is the primary aim to blast the exam then definitely u will be in a leading position.attachment that i am posted below may helps u in all competitve exams,start the syllabus from first unit in all subjcts(one after another)reading and practacicing every nook and cranny of unit with bits,so completion of all unit-1 s in every subject makes perfect in 15%syllabus.then goto unit-2 of all subjects in this way complete syllabus every day.gatecoaching and attending to mock tests conducted in online makes more and more comfortable before exams.draw the table on a white chart and fix it on ur room wall,every day havng glance of it reminds u to complete the remaning portion of syllabus mark the units in every subject that u hav completed everyday.if u fallow the standard books in every subject gives u a pinholeview in every concept.all the best for ur bright future
Attached Files
File Type: docx units.docx(10.5 KB, 90 views)
24th November 2012, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am studying mechanical 1 year. when should i start gate preparation? in 1,2,3 or 4?please suggest books available in andhra .
24th November 2012, 10:30 PM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

Coaching for the GATE exam is not a compulsion for those who are very much stick towards HIS aim.So If you have a firm determination inside You to clear it yourself then you can easily do it so.But You have to follow the following points as under-

2. Its not necessary to cover the whole syllabus but its true that whatever you learn that must be on your tips i.e Quality is more important than the quantity.

3. As negative marking is there in the exam so try to avoid those answers in which you are not sure to attempt.

4. Books & study materials will help you for preparation.

5. Its better for you to touch with your seniors so that time to time they may testify your knowledge & skills.

6. Internet is also a good source for practice of your syllabus & you can learn a lot from the various websites which are specially meant for the students for the self assessment.

BEST OF LUCK...
21st January 2013, 09:45 PM
nikhinaya

4. Books & study materials will help you for preparation
5th July 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

i m persuing my b-tech 3rd yr...(mech).what should be the books i read to crack gate examination..???plz suggest
29th July 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my third year BE could you plz inform me about any institute that provide study materials without attnding coaching for cse branch?
9th August 2013, 10:55 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

As you are in third year now, so you can start preparation for GATE Exam.

Quality is more important than quantity.

So, prepare for selective questions that should strengthen your concepts.

Some of the good books for GATE Exam preparation are:

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook on Electronics and Communication Engineering (Paperback)
Author: ME Team
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi
Price: Rs. 175

GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering (2014) (Paperback)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G. K. Publications (2013)
Price: Rs. 555

GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering (2014) Solved Papers 2000 - 2013
Author: G K P
Price: Rs. 150

GATE Electronics & Communication Engineering: Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers (2013 - 2000) (Paperback)
Author: Manish Purbey
Publisher: Arihant (2013)
10th August 2013, 04:34 PM
ece304
Member+

First you revise all the notes you prepared during your acadamics.

GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering (2014) Solved Papers 2000 - 2013
Author: G K P
10th August 2013, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Revise your running nots from 1st year btech.Try to solve previous from time maintenance and as there is negative marking you should be careful.Coaching is not mandatory if you want to get good rank then prepare text books use college content.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?