7th December 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

How to study IIM after passing B.E electrical engineering?

Respected sir,
I m first year b.e.(electrical eng.)student. I want to study in iim(for mba) for further education.For that I will have to appear in cet. Please give me an advise how I can prepare for that from now.

5th April 2013, 08:53 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study IIM after passing B.E electrical engineering?

To get Admission in IIM, You have to appear in the CAT exams.

CAT exams are conductedc by IIM each year

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks
Forms come out in July each year
Exams are held in October each year

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in CAT Exams:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation;
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

Books for Preparation:
The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma
5th April 2013, 08:10 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study IIM after passing B.E electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I m first year b.e.(electrical eng.)student. I want to study in iim(for mba) for further education.For that I will have to appear in cet. Please give me an advise how I can prepare for that from now.
To study in IIM you have to sit for the MBA Entrance examination they conducts. It is popularly known as CAT or Common Admission Test. With a good CAT Score not only can you study in the IIMs but also in many other top notch B-Schools in our country. Its popularity is sky-high with students in large numbers applying for it every year. The exam generally takes place in November.

Eligibility Criteria:-

## To sit for this exam firstly you need to complete your graduation first. You can complete graduation in any discipline of your choice from a recognized institution.

## At graduation level for the general category candidates the percentage to secure is 50% of marks.

## For the reserved category candidates ie, the SC/ST candidates the percentage to secure is 45% of marks in aggregate.

## This exam can also be given by the final year students who are about to sit for their final exam or awaiting the results of their final year exam.

## No restrictions have been imposed on the number of permissible attempts so you can give this examination for as many times you want to.

## Since there is no age criteria therefore you can plan to give this exam whenever you think its right.

## In addition to the written examination there are two more stages which the candidates needs to go through. They are as follows:- Group Discussion and Personal Interview Session.

## Questions will be of mainly objective type and within a short span of time ie, 140 minutes 30 questions needs to be answered from two sections. There is negative marking too. 1/3rd marks will get deducted for every wrong answer. The two sections are:-

Section 1: Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Section 2: Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?