7th December 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

How to study in IIM(For MBA) if I am a first year B.E electrical engineering student

Respected sir,
I m first year b.e.(electrical eng.)student. I want to study in iim(for mba) for further education.For that I will have to appear in cet. Please give me an advise how I can prepare for that from now.

Related Questions:
  1. How to study IIM for MBA after passing B.E electrical engineering
  2. How to study IIM after passing B.E electrical engineering?
  3. Which branch is suitable for an Electrical Engineering Student in MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Enrolment Procedure and Total Cost to study bachelor of engineering from norway in electrical engineering
  5. How should I opt for M.Tech or MBA degree? I am a 2nd year student studying electrical engineering in Jadavpur University
  6. How should I prepare for GATE? I am a final year electrical engineering student
  7. Will it be good to study MBA after B.Sc Computer Science? In which field should I pursue MBA?
  8. After finishing Electrical and Electronics Engineering Diploma how can i study Marine Engineering?
  9. Can I study marine engineering after completing diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  10. Procedure to apply for scholarship to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering)? -- [New]
  11. List of top companies for summer training for B.Tech(Electrical engineering) 2nd year student?
  12. How to do summer internship if I am a student of 3rd year electrical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible for GATE after passing MSc in computer science
  14. What is the difference between Electrical engineering and electronics engineering? What subjects to be focussed more on?
  15. What should I do after completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering? I am a 3rd year electrical engineering student
  16. Is my decision correct to do MBA after B.Sc Computer Science?
  17. Courses other than MBA, ME or M.Tech after BE?
  18. How to do MBA after completing diploma in electrical engineering from government polytechnic
17th April 2013, 07:23 PM
GAYATRI MANDAVA

Default Re: How to study in IIM(For MBA) if I am a first year B.E electrical engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I m first year b.e.(electrical eng.)student. I want to study in iim(for mba) for further education.For that I will have to appear in cet. Please give me an advise how I can prepare for that from now.
To get admission to MBA you have to clear the entrance test- CAT(common admission test).The syllabus of CAT includes verbal and non-verbal reasoning, aptitude and english.i'll send u the eligibility criteria and syllabus and test format and you prepare according to it. It's better u join some cat coaching institute or else u can self prepare by regular practice and improving your speed and accuracy levels of answering. ALL THE BEST.

Format of the Exam:

Verbal Ability
Duration: The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes including initial 15 minute tutorial.
Question Type: Multiple choice, objective type questions with negative marking on Grammar, Vocabulary and Verbal Reasoning

Quantitative Aptitude
Duration: The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes including initial 15 minute tutorial.
Question Type: Multiple choice, objective type questions with negative marking to evaluate mathematical skills on Algebra, Number System, Percentages, Geometry, Progression, Profit & Loss, Work, Averages, Speed etc. Click here for CAT Demo

Logical and Data Interpretation
Question Type: Multiple choice, objective type questions with negative marking to analyse data from Bar Charts, Tables,Pie Charts and Graphs, Activity Charts.Click here for CAT Demo

Eligibility Criteria
Min Qualification: Bachelors
Qualifying Subject(s): Bachelor Degree in Any subject stream.
Min Marks: Candidate should have obtained 50% marks or equivalent in the qualifying exam or equivalent CGPA.A candidate must show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove his/her eligibility at the time of interview.
Min Age: Minimum Age after completing 10+2+3 years of education.
Reservation Crieteria: Candidate must have obtained 45% Marks in the qualifying exam or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST or Person with disability. If short-listed for interview, SC, ST, NC-OBC, and DA candidates must show the original caste/class/disability certificate and submit a photocopy at the time of interview. Further, if a candidate is selected for a programme, original certificate and its photocopy must be submitted for verification at the time of joining a programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?