9th July 2012, 12:44 PM
adnan.mukhtar

How to switch my career into Network while being a Telecommunication Engineer?

Hi,
Dear Priyanka I am also a telecommunication engineer at working in TV channel as satellite Engineer from last 6 year.
Now I want to switch my career into network because there is not huge opportunity in satellite field.
Please advise what I should do to save my future.

Regards,
Adnan Mukhtar

11th April 2016, 12:41 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to switch my career into Network while being a Telecommunication Engineer?

If you are from Telecommunication Background then you can easily go into Networking domain. Technically both domain is same but the working areas is different. In case of telecommunication you will have to study about wireless device and will have to work in Signal and Transmission domain, But Networking is related to wired as well as wireless technology and terms used in Networking will be same as we used in Telecommunications.

To get good jobs in Networking field you will have core and depth knowledge of Computer Networks. Also you should Networking Certifications to get jobs in Networking domain. There are so many domain which comes under Networking like Voice, Data, Network Security, Data Centers, Server, Routing & Switching etc.

CCNA is one of the important course to make career in Networking domain. Demand of Network Engineer is never ending, hence CCNA will be good start to go in this field. CCNA exam is basically conducted by Company "CISCO" & there are three more level of exam which is conducted by CISCO and they are " CCNA, CCNP, & CCIE".

There are so many MNCs company which hires on the basis of Network Certification course and they are : CISCO, JUNIPER, D-Link, Ariscent, Ericson, Reliance, Netgear etc.
If you are getting this certificate then it will become very easy for you to get core networking jobs. Also your experience will be counted.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?