13th September 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

I want to know whether ec branch is good in future or not . Should i take civil engineering or mechanical . Which branch will give me al l the complete course for preparation for ies and ias and civil services plz give me answer

Related Questions:
  1. Which branch is more preferable for getting a good good job and better future prospective?
  2. Which branch of engineering is better among Civil and Mechanical in regards to job opprtunities?
  3. Which branch is best for doing Diploma after 10th?
  4. Which branch should I choose for a better future between Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Which branch is more preferable, either Mechanical or Civil engineering?
  6. Which engineering field has more PSU job options? -- [New]
  7. How should I change branch to mechanical from civil? I am studying diploma in civil engineering
  8. Which branch is the best to join in engineering after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How may I change my branch in B.Tech at Buldelkhand university(GBTU)? I'm in ECE and want to change to Mechanical engineering
  10. How to go for software job in future? I am a M.E course in civil branch
  11. Which is the best branch in engineering in future?
  12. What is the future scope of civil engineering after completion of PG in Civil Stream?
  13. Which engineering branch to choose between Civil, EEE and Mechanical? Which provides a good salary
  14. How to take admission in 4th year B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical branch after passing diploma in computer science and engineering?
  15. Do Civil Engineering has bright future? Does it require a verh high command over Physics? What are the main subjects to be studied in Civil Engineering? Which are the courses after completing B.Tech in Civil Enigneering?
  16. What's the future of Chemical engineering branch? Is this branch good for girls?
  17. What is the future of Chemical Engineering branch? Is this branch good for girls?
  18. Which branch of engineering is best between Civil, Mechanical?
13th October 2011, 07:21 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know whether ec branch is good in future or not . Should i take civil engineering or mechanical . Which branch will give me al l the complete course for preparation for ies and ias and civil services plz give me answer
ECE : Electronics and Communication Engineering.

One of the best branch in Engineering and trusted by many students and this branch has good craze among students and their parents.
all this is because after completing this course you will have multiple options you will learn two parts in this course.

i.e., ->Electronics
->Communication.

In India Electronics jobs are comparatively less.

but whereas Communication side there are numerous jobs where one can easily survive.

there are many firms who are looking for top communication persons.
as india is growing gradually eventually there is need of growth for communication also. Only for this reason ECE seat is a hot cake in the education field.

so you no need to worry about scope of ECE in future. ECE is Evergreen in the job market even in the times of recession.

The discussed part is just about Core jobs in the stream of ECE.

You have other options like Higher studies, Job in Software field,and you can appear in various govt job exams.

->UPSC Civil Service exam for IAS/IPS etc. of your choice.

->Army officer with SSC,UES,TGC

->Groups exams.

->AFCAT

->Navy job exams. etc.

and many more are there for you to appear

Quote:
Which branch will give me al l the complete course for preparation for ies and ias and civil services plz give me answer
For this question my answer is.

No course will give you complete information to get prepared directly for the exam you need to have external preparation apart from your course preparation.

For IES you need to write UPSC Engineering services exam.

For IAS/IPS you need to write Civil Service Exam.

okay now I think you are clear with every thing.

if you have any difficulty in preparing for the examination you can also take the help of coaching. Don't hesitate to do so because there are many advantages in taking coaching.

All the best for your future.

Regards
13th October 2011, 08:00 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

HI DEAR

ECE-Electronics Communication Enggineering

This is a very good branch in enggineering.
Here you ask this is good or not ,I said you that every branch in Enggineering is good
But it is depends on you ,how you study your paper?
If you thorugh about your paper then every paper has equal priority.

After ECE then you able to search job like:-

DRDO
ISRO
HAL
IOCL
Any mobile company

If your wish to join software company then you able to join this company also
that is depends on your interest.

So,Don't Worry about your branch ,Only you study well.

Good Luck...........
13th October 2011, 08:44 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

Quote:
Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

Yes definitely ECE branch is good but if you can get branches like -Mechanical or Civil then i will advice you to go for these rather than ECE.

The branches like -Mechanical and Civil are evergreen and contains lots of jobs not only in private sector but also in public sector.

Although ECE branch is also not bad and there are plenty of job opportunities there but now it is getting harder to achieve good career in ECE due to lesser
number of seats and tough competition in specially electrical fields by EEE students.
But if you have talent then you easily get job so don't worry and just focus on your studies.

With Regards
rchauhan294
13th October 2011, 09:11 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
all the engineering branches has good future due to the development occuring in each field. The communication field is developing to a greater extent and many advancement taking place. Owing to increase in population the number of residentials. Public building and other civil works are required in the future so civil engineering will have bright future. The same with that of mechanical too all the mechanical works also has the requirement. So it will be wise to choose the branch which you like. All the best
19th October 2011, 10:32 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

one think you have to keep in mind that all branch is good in its place.

but one thing is right that, if you choose EC you can go for software and core company also.

But if you choose Civil or Mechanical you can only go for core company.

In EC branch there competition is so high also job opportunities is high .

you can apply for:-

1.>ISRO

2.>DRDO

3.>IOCL

4.>Any Telecommunication company.

best of luck.
20th October 2011, 06:26 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, ECE is a very good branch.. You can go for any field from this branch..

You can apply for core field jobs as well as you can also go for software sector jobs..

So, after completion of B.tech/BE course in the same field you will get huge job opportunity..
Mechanical and civil both are also good.. But they are pure core branch.. so you can get a job in core sector after completion of B.tech/BE course which will be more hard working...You can also get a field work where you have to go out under sun..
If you don't want to do this kind of jobs then I will suggest you to go for ECE branch..

All the best.
12th January 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Now i am in diploma e.c. Can i do in b.e in elecrical in 3rd sem in d2d .
17th May 2012, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

whats the scope in ec and ex
28th May 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Is C.A have good future?
21st July 2012, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

is the scope of EC branch in b.tech good or not? Plz tell me about it's scope in present n future.
21st July 2012, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

is scope of EC branch good or not? Plz tell me about it's scope in corrent and in future.
28th July 2012, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

what is the main intreasting subject in ENC and how is
21st August 2012, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

i m in 5th sem ec branch and want to go for higher studies.i m so confuse ,which course should i take????? M.TECH OR should i do preparation for ias or other gov.sec. exams.
8th March 2013, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Is mechanical job for B.S.C engineer available in Bangladeh
16th March 2013, 11:46 AM
PRIYANSHI VERMAA

Smile Re: Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

Yes!is quite versitile branch.You can pic any job from the market as per your area of interest at the same time u can work in your core branch. though it is good versite bt at the same careerin your core field is not to renound as communication has achieved its saturation in the market these days best benefit plans has already flooded the market at the same time iIT and communication sectors are also running on there brim so on the part of futfure carrer civil is much more prefirable than EC.

On the logical end also constructions of roads, buildings, highway r never going to end untill this infrastructure is there so according to me best part is with civil niether with EC nor with Mechanical
12th May 2013, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

which branch out of mechanical,electrical,civil,ece will be better for placement after 4 years?
2nd June 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma in e.c and now i want do b.e in mechanial so from which collejes i can do this
26th June 2013, 10:15 AM
r091372
Member+

ECE is very good branch in engineering stream.
You don't worrry about the future if you have taken ECE Branch.
Because there are so many opportunities. As India is developing, so Opportunities will not decrease.
Day by day Technlogy is increasing so New things must be invented. so ECE is evergreen branch which one can't worry about future.
2nd August 2013, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

im 4th sem ec i was detained i want readmit and change my cource to mechanical 3rd sem what can i do
2nd August 2013, 04:57 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Electronics and Communications is one of the best branches of Engineering in India. If you are really interested in pursuing Electronics and Communications then go for it without having to worry about anything.

Electronics and Communications is considered as evergreen branch of Engineering with scope in various sectors including Consumer Electronics, Information Technology, Telecommunications.

Apart from that Electronics and Communication Engineers are huge in demand in the Public Sector Undertaking. You can also appear for the Indian Engineering Service (IES) by completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communications.

If your aim is to apply for Indian Engineering Service or the Civil Services Examination then you can also opt for the Civil and Mechanical Engineering. None of the branch will give you any advantage while applying for the IES or Civil Services Examination.

At the same time none of the three branches will have any disadvantage when applying for the Indian Engineering Service or Civil Services Examination.

In my opinion you should choose the branch which you find interesting to study. However if you have no particular preference then Electronics and Communications will be the best option.

In case you failed to make it through Indian Engineering Service or the Civil Services Examination, the Electronics and Communication Engineering degree is still sufficient enough to get you some job. You can apply in the private sector or the government sector.

After finishing 12th standard you should appear for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) to get admission in the Engineering college.

JEE Eligibility

1. You will first have to complete 12th standard.

2. Must have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects.

3. There is no criteria for marks.

4. You must be less than 25 years old.

5. SC/ST can apply till 30 years.

You will be first appearing for the JEE Mains which is replacement of the AIEEE entrance exam. The next exam will be JEE Advanced which is only for the candidates who wish to take admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.
2nd August 2013, 05:25 PM
Ankymalviya
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Is EC branch good in future? Should I take up Civil or Mechanical?

Hello,

Which branch is best it depends on you how well and goo you do with that branch. EC is also very best as compared to Mechanical and Civil, but what is more important is how well you do with your branch.

First look up your interest where you can do well,
don't go for future assumption just see the present and decide which branch u are more interested in.

For example if you take civil instead of EC (you like) then what is going to be the outcome is you will not be able to do your best with civil and life time you will regret for your decision making.
So just see which branch suits you and you are interested in the most.

Good Luck......
2nd August 2013, 05:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai Friend
ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering.
It is best to take ECE because it plays a key role at present in the society.The ECE graduates can find jobs in both software and hardware fields whereas mech and civil graduates can apply only for their field jobs.
**Job Opporetunities:
-->NTPC
-->ISRO
-->DRDO
-->SAIL
-->ONGC
-->BSNL
-->BHEL
-->ECIL
-->INFOSYS
-->WIPRO
Thank You
12th June 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
ece is best......

future forecast says ECE........ECE............ECE
2nd July 2014, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think iam not good at engineering studies that why iam not say not which branch is best or not i think u'r consult with senior talk so time share so much information u got and first u like that what u studies in ur life is main imapartnce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?