7th March 2018, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I do not have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Am I eligible to take admission in CA?

I'm pursuing my Higher Secondary i.e. I'm in 12th. Although, I'm in Science stream I do not Mathematics as one of my major subject. In this situation am I eligible to apply for Foundation of CA?

15th March 2018, 02:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I do not have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Am I eligible to take admission in CA?

CA refers to Chartered Accountancy and same is a professional degree course which is divided into three stages which include CA foundation, IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ), and the final stage course.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing CA course i.e; for pursuing CA foundation by qualifying CPT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So it is quite evident that you can apply for CA course once you complete your Class 12th irrespective of subjects studied in your Class 12th.
15th March 2018, 02:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I do not have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Am I eligible to take admission in CA?

Mathematics is not compulsory to be studied in standard 12th to apply for Common Proficiency Test which is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course.

The eligibility criteria for CA CPT is 12th passed or appearing for board examination from any stream. You should have good knowledge of mathematics upto standard tenth to clear aptitude paper of CA CPT.

Other than you should good knowledge of accountancy, mercantile law, economics etc. It is conducted twice every year by ICAI.
15th March 2018, 04:50 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy and the whole CA course is divided into three stages which include CA foundation, IPCC and, the final stage course.

Even having not pursued Mathematics at your Class 12th level you are eligible for pursuing course starting from CA foundation course for which you will have to qualify CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) as for appearing in CPT any higher secondary school degree holder are eligible.
15th March 2018, 05:31 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Mathematics is not mandatory for Chartered Accountancy course.

Even candidates who have not studied mathematics can pursue CA course. You should have good knowledge of mathematics upto standard 10th.

CPT is conducted twice every year by ICAI. 12th passed or appearing candidates can apply for this exam. Science stream candidates can apply for CA CPT exam.
15th March 2018, 05:49 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to apply for foundation course of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) having completed your Class 12th without Mathematics then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for the same course any higher secondary school degree holder in any discipline from a recognized board of education are eligible.

Further, for pursuing CA foundation course which is the stage one of CA course. you are required to qualify CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ).
15th March 2018, 07:26 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to apply for foundation course of CA i.e; stage one of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course being a student of Class 12th with Science stream without Mathematics then I would like to inform you that you are certainly eligible as to apply for foundation course of CA any higher secondary school degree in any discipline in any stream are eligible and there is no requirement of Mathematics as main subject at Class 12th level.
15th March 2018, 07:52 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can opt for CA after 12th Science.

For opting CA after 12th Science or from any stream after 12th you have to appear for CPT.

Now CPT is compulsory for any one opting for CA even after Graduation. So there is no other way to appear CPT exam.

For appearing CPT exam first you need to obtain Registration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. After Registration Before exam you have to fill up examination form of ICAI: CPT exam held twice in year in the month of June and December.
15th March 2018, 08:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CA is Chartered Accountant and the required eligibility to pursue the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognised board.

So, you are eligible to pursue the course. To get the admission in the course you have to qualify for CPT examination conducted by ICAI.
15th March 2018, 08:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for admission in foundation course of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course which is the stage one of three stage of CA course one has to qualify CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) held by ICAI.

Further, the basic educational qualification required for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree course in any discipline from a recognized board.

So, being a Class 12th student you are eligible for appearing in CPT for admission in foundation course of CA even you have not pursued Mathematics at your Class 12th level as there is no compulsion of any subject for appearing in CPT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?