18th December 2011, 11:14 PM

If I am a B.A 3rd year student can I give the IAS entrance exam? Which subjects should I opt for mains exam? My subjects are Hindi, English, Economics and Edu

i m b.a third yr student. my sub r hindi eng eco,edu. can i give ias exam. which sub can i opt 4 main exam

Related Questions:
  1. Details about IAS, CSAT exam? Can I apply for this exam in Hindi medium?
  2. How to choose subjects for PCS exam? I am 23 years old and have done B.Tech in CSE
  3. Can Arts student become Psychiatrist? How can I appear for IAS exam?
  4. Can I study BBA being a 12th Arts student with Economics, English, Hindi and Education subjects? List of BBA colleges in Lucknow?
  5. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  7. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  8. Can I opt for subjects of my interest in IAS exam or is it compulsory to choose the one related to degree?
  9. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  10. Admission procedure and probable date of admission in Class 11th?
  11. Am i eligible to sit in IAS or IPS exams? I'm 21 years old B.A final year student with subjects economics, and English literature.
  12. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  13. Suggest subjects for IAS exam. My education has done in telgu medium and I have done post graduation(M.Sc) in economics
  14. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  15. How to take admission in St Xaviers School, kolkata
  16. Which subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently?
  17. Detailed syllabus of IAS exam? How many subjects can be selected in Main exam? -- [New]
  18. Which subjects will be better for me IAS Exam being a 3rd year B.Tech candidate in CS? How to prepare for this Exam?
1st January 2012, 09:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I am a B.A 3rd year student can I give the IAS entrance exam? Which subjects should I opt for mains exam? My subjects are Hindi, English, Economics and Edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i m b.a third yr student. my sub r hindi eng eco,edu. can i give ias exam. which sub can i opt 4 main exam
Being a graduate, you can definitely sit for civil service examination.
In order to be considered eligible, you must not be over 30 years if you belong to general category, 33 years if you belong to OBC category and 35 years for Sc/St category.

Since you have studied Hindi, English, Economics, Education etc.you may select Economics as one of the optional papers. English, Hindi and Education are not in the list of optional paper hence, you will have to choose the other subject very wisely. You must select the subject in which you have interest and you think you could do well. However, you may select Public Administration as the other optional paper. It is an scoring subject with not too large syllabus.
For preparation, refer to the study material of IGNOU along with other reference books for each subjects.
9th January 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: If I am a B.A 3rd year student can I give the IAS entrance exam? Which subjects should I opt for mains exam? My subjects are Hindi, English, Economics and Edu

I am in ba 1.can i give ias exam? My subject in ba are political , education , social science.
12th February 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

If B.a finalyr student can give the ias exam
18th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

My age is 21 yrs and i am in B.A. Third year can i eligible for I.A.S.
29th March 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.a.3 student. my subjects are hindi,economics and sociology.can i give ias exam
15th June 2012, 12:57 AM
nadankanan

if you belong to general category, 33 years if you belong to OBC category and 35 years for Sc/St category.

Since you have studied Hindi, English, Economics, Education etc.you may select Economics as one of the optional papers. English, Hindi and Education are not in the list of optional paper hence, you will have to choose the other subject very wisely. You must select the subject in which you have interest and you think you could do well. However, you may select Public Administration as the other optional paper. It is an scoring subject with not too large syllabus.
good luck
30th June 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i am clear class 12 exam with pcm which subject we can give for b.a exam to help in i.a.s exam
13th November 2012, 11:31 PM
Deepak aloniya

I am Deepak Aloniya ,mene B.A. camplit kar liya hai or mujhe marks bhi minimum 50% mile hai too kya mai IPS ki exam de skta hu ya nhi ydi de skta hu too mujhe uske liye or kya krna hoga please sir mujhe iska anwser vistar se btaiye meera spna IPS mai officer bnna hai so pls reply awnser now THANKS.
29th December 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

hi am doing my b.tech 3rd year 2nd sem, so can i apply 2013 civils services prelims exam sir please do let me know.
30th December 2012, 05:36 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can give exam for IAS if you are a final year under Graduate student.

There is no specific IAS entrance exam, to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IAS, Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recogised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

As you have studied Economics in Graduation, you can take this subject as optional subject. There is no optional subject as Hindi, English and Education in the list.

Fr more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th February 2013, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my graduation in english general (third year) from calcutta university?can i appear for IAS exam this year?
5th February 2013, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

iam a student of english general ,third year,calcutta university,can i appear for IAS exam this year?
12th November 2013, 12:57 AM
good services

Lightbulb Re: If I am a B.A 3rd year student can I give the IAS entrance exam? Which subjects should I opt for mains exam? My subjects are Hindi, English, Economics and Edu

I truly appreciate this blog. Want more.
11th January 2014, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i am b.a. Final year student . Can i give i.a.s. Entrence ex. My subject is hindi edubtion history eduction. What is opp. Subject for me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?