10th September 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to sit in IAS or IPS exams? I'm 21 years old B.A final year student with subjects economics, and English literature.

my name is harjinder singh, i am 21year old. I am private student in ba finel year, my subject is, economics, and english litreature, can i sit ias or ips examination, my email- [email protected]

10th February 2012, 06:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit in IAS or IPS exams? I'm 21 years old B.A final year student with subjects economics, and English literature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my name is harjinder singh, i am 21year old. I am private student in ba finel year, my subject is, economics, and english litreature, can i sit ias or ips examination, my email- [email protected]
Firstly, you have to complete your Graduate degree course to appear for Civil services examination to become IAS/IPS Officer.

And if you have completed your BA Degree course then you are eligible for Civil services examination. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for Civil Services examination.

To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Only then you are eligible for Main examination. In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English, You have choose the Optional Subjects on the Basis of Graduation.

The Notification of this year examination was already Published on 04/Feb/2012.

The online Registrations was already started, If you are Interested then please fill the application form soon before the last date.

The last date of filling application form 05/March/2012.

If you need more Information about Civil services examination then please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
10th February 2012, 07:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit in IAS or IPS exams? I'm 21 years old B.A final year student with subjects economics, and English literature.

Quote:

You have not completed your Graduation degree so first you have completed your graduation degree.If you have completed your graduation degree without any Backlog then you are applicable for IAS/IPS exam.

IAS/IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through CSAT process.This exam is process twice time in a year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS/IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The Exam Date of CSAT exam is given below

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012
Date of notification: 04-02-2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012
Date of Exam: 20-05-2012
Civil Services Main Exam, 2012
Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details about UPSC or CSAT exam , You can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

10th February 2012, 08:45 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S., I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.A.S. and I.P.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
10th February 2012, 09:00 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S., I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.A.S. and I.P.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
10th February 2012, 10:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you are a student of B.A. final year, you are eligible to apply for IAS/IPS exam but after completion of your graduation degree course.

IPS/IAS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE/INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IPS/IAS officer you have to appear for the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks for application to Civil Service exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

The registration process of Civil Service exam is going on now, the last date of submitting application through on line is 05.03.2012.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2012, 11:00 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

To become an IAS or IPS officer you must clear an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India commonly called as UPSC. For appear in this exam you must have certain eligibility criteria. They are as follows.

1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years.
3. You must have completed your graduation of any discipline from a recognized
university of India.

As you are an Indian Citizen and your age is 21years but not yet finished your graduation. Thus after finishing your final year of graduation you will be eligible for appearing in UPSC exam.

If you want to become an IPS officer you must also be physically fit because it is higher tank post in police department.
10th February 2012, 11:51 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

sorry dear this time you are not eligible for IAS and IPS exam because You have not completed your Graduation degree so first you have completed your graduation degree.If you have completed your graduation degree without any Backlog then you are applicable for IAS/IPS exam.

best of luck
11th February 2012, 01:32 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are a BA final year students and you want to appear in civil service exams like- IAS, IPS ...

These civil service exams are conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for administrative jobs..

Eligibility for these civil service exams:--

Educational qualification:-----
## The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
## The final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Age eligibility:-------
## Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

Nationality:------
## Candidate should be a citizen of India.

As you are in final year of BA course then you are eligible to apply for these exams..
So, go for it..

All the best..
11th February 2012, 07:23 AM
Akbag

Location: Haldipali, Satalma, Barpali , Bargarh , Orissa pin-768029
Red face Re: Am i eligible to sit in IAS or IPS exams? I'm 21 years old B.A final year student with subjects economics, and English literature.

Quote:
hi, now you can't appear at these exams .
you can appear at both IAS and IPS after completing your graduation . These examinations are conducted by UPSC every . The minimum qualification for appearing these exams is graduation with 21 age of the candidate who is interested to appear . In ias exam , the candidate has to appear total 2300 along with viva voce . At the candidate has to appear at prelim exam which consists of two papers (GENERAL STUDIES AND CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST ). After qualifying the preliminary exam , you can now sit at main exam.
Quote:
15th December 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE FAILED TWICE IN STANDARD XII. I PASSED AS A PRIVATE CANDIDATE (COMPARTMENT). I AM CURRENTLY DOING ENGLISH HONOURS WITH POL SC. AND EDU AS PASS SUBJECTS. CAN I SIT FOR IAS AFTER GRADUATION OR WOULD I BE BARRED BECAUSE OF MY CLASS XII MARKS?

ARUNAVA BISWAS
1st July 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

sir can a year back student Of 10 and 12 appear csat exam...plz reply ..its urgent
10th May 2014, 08:58 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You are eligible to fill the application form. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?