4th July 2011, 10:34 AM
smartgal_adorable

Which subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently?

i have given exam of b.com(hosn0 first year recently..i am planning to do IAS after my graduation.i do not know much about IAS..which subjects should i opt for??please guide me.thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims?
  2. Can I opt for subjects of my interest in IAS exam or is it compulsory to choose the one related to degree?
  3. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  4. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  5. If i opt for Arts then which subjects should I choose in IAS?
  6. Can I opt for computer related subjects as an optional in prelims while doing CSE final year?
  7. Is it possible to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? Which subjects should I opt for?
  8. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose?
  9. Which subjects to take up in 12th become an IAS officer?
  10. List of main subjects for IAS exams?
  11. If I am a B.A 3rd year student can I give the IAS entrance exam? Which subjects should I opt for mains exam? My subjects are Hindi, English, Economics and Edu
  12. How many years one should prepare for IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  14. Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing B.Com honors final year?
  15. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  16. Is it a good choice for me to opt for MSW after completion of B.Com course?
  17. How to get resources for the subjects of Sociology and Geography for IAS Exam?
  18. Minimum height requirement in feet/inches for IAS Exam Eligibility?
4th July 2011, 12:34 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently?

dear.
the ias exam is consist of three parts that is

1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

so for the preliminary and main exam we can choose the optional subject.

as you are completing your graduation in b.com so you can select the subject relating to your graduation .

you can select the subject like commerce or economics which is related to your degree.

for all the information about the subjects and notifications of upsc kindly visit the website upsc.gov.in

thanks
4th July 2011, 12:41 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently?

Hi,
Examination for IAS is conducted in three stages- Preliminary Examinations, Main Examination and Final Interview.
The Preliminary stage consist of two papers common to all-the first which test the candidates on General Studies and the second which comprises different skills together called Aptitude Test.
At the Main Examination there are some subjects are compulsory and some are optional.
As you are a B.Com graduate you can opt for Indian Commerce, Indian Economics and Mathematics as optional subjects.

Best wishes....
4th July 2011, 01:37 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal_adorable View Post
i have given exam of b.com(hosn0 first year recently..i am planning to do IAS after my graduation.i do not know much about IAS..which subjects should i opt for??please guide me.thanks
If your aim is to become IAS officer then for this you have to appear for the civil services examination and to apply for this examination you must have purse a graduate degree examination from a recognised university, And your age should between 21 to 30 years. Final Year Appearing Candidates are also eligible for this exams, The Notification was generally published in the month of February every year in the employment newspaper or in the official website of UPSC.

The examination are held in two stages -

Preliminary Examination - This examination was common for all the candidates, So you have to apply for this exam and after clear this examination you will be eligible for Main Examination, The UPSC Have Changed the examination pattern of this exams and the examination was known as CSAT and in this examination there are 2 papers of objective type with 200 Marks each and the Same Duration.

Main Examination - After Clear the Preliminary Examination, You are eligible for Main exams, In this examination you have to choose subjects according to your Own Interest, The list of Optional Subjects are availiable in the UPSC website, And after crack the Main examination, You are Eligible for Final Interview and then you become a IAS Officer.

And If you need More Information Regarding IAS Officer Examination, Then please visit the UPSC website or Check the Given Notification -

www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 103 views)
4th July 2011, 03:25 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI DEAR

IAS is a main and important exam in india.

It is very tough exam ,its question paper is very tough.
if you crack this exam ,then good preparation needed.

CRITERIA FOR THIS:---

* candidate pass graduation
*age - 21 to 30 years
* attempts maximum for general 4 times

EXAM:-

this exam is done in the month of JUNE.

*Preliminary exam
*final exam

For this you give 2 papers:-

1) general knowledge

2) optional subject

optional subject like:--

# General Studies
# Essay
# English Qualifying
# Indian Languages
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology

further information:--

http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th July 2011, 03:44 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Sir
to become a ias officer all you need is a bachealor degree with any subject
for this you have to appear in civil service examination organised by upsc and more information available in www.upscgov.in

requirement
age 21 to 30
bachealor degree holder
graduation

forms available in specified post offices

test contains two stage
preliminary exam
main exam

and main exam only can be attend after clear the preliminary exam

information in
www.upscgov.in
best of luck
4th July 2011, 07:27 PM
digvijaygarg

Hi
Since you are doing B.Com..the time you become eligible for the test take one subject Accounts and Public Administration as the other...Public administration is easy to score and since you are into commerce and accounts it will be easy for you to score in those exams...
5th July 2011, 12:10 AM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

You can give preference to Economics or Business Studies which will help you out in your further plan in IAS.

IAS/IPS/IFS exam is conducted by UPSC each year. The exam has three parts as under :-

Preliminary
Main
and Interview

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in.

Regards,

Ramjash
5th July 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

if i do btech -cs now can igo for ias and ies
9th October 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

in priliminary exam there are 2 paper GK and optional subject but i m confused that have i take all the subject which comes under optional subject ,otherwise we choose some subject
pls send me all information about this
thank u
13th December 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

hello sir I just want to know CAN WE GIVE I.A.S EXAM WITH THE SUBJECT WE DO NOT HAVE IN BSc level! i have p.c.m but i do not want to give my exam with these 3 subjects ! so plz guide me
15th February 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

in b.com pass final year human resources subject is in hindi or not?
12th January 2013, 02:16 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently

1.Mathematics
2.Chemistry
3.Psychology
4.Commerce
5.Botany
6.Indian History
7.Geology
8.Essay
9.Philosophy
10.Civil Engineering

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?