6th May 2012, 12:13 PM
coolguysuresh

Information about defence services? I am a engineering student

i am an engineering studient want to know abt defence services

11th May 2012, 07:07 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about defence services? I am a engineering student

An engineering student can join defense services. You can join either Indian Navy/Air force/Army etc. You can join defense services through CDS exam conducted by UPSC. Maximum age limit to join Navy is 22 years. To join Air force or Army you should not be above 25 years. Selection procedure will include written examination. If you clear this level you need to attend Physical Test and Personal interview also.
13th May 2012, 10:35 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Information about defence services? I am a engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguysuresh View Post
There are various entry schemes through which you can join Indian Army, Air force or Navy. You can join Indian Defence through Combined defence service examination, Air force common admission test and technical graduate course entries after the completion of your engineering.
The eligibility required for all the entry schemes is given below:

Combined defence service examination
Combined defence service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Air force, Army and Navy.
For the CDS examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the CDS examination.
Candidates applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and Maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-23 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below web site:
www.upsc.gov.in

AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST
Through this entry scheme you can join Indian Air force as an officer in various branches such as Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground duty branch.
For the AFCAT examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the AFCAT examination.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 years

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 years

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 years

For more information on AFCAT examination you can also visit at the below web site:
careerairforce.nic.in

TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE
This entry scheme is only for the engineering students. Candidate who are in final year or have completed their engineering are eligible to apply through this entry scheme.

Through TGC entry you will be directly called for the SSB interview. The SSB interview is a 5 day test. There are 2 stages in this test. Those qualify in Stage 1 will be further tested in Stage 2. Those who failed to qualify in
stage 1 are not tested further.

Candidate who are in pre final year of engineering may apply through University entry scheme.
The age limit for the TGC entry scheme is 18- 28 years.
13th May 2012, 02:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

For Engineering student there are various entry schemes through which an Engineering Graduate can join Defence services.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried male having either appear for the Graduation Degree Engineering exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

AFCAT-AIR FORCE COMMOM ADMISSION TEST conducted by Indian Air Force for entry in to Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch of Indian Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having B. Tech. Engineering Degree with 60% marks from a recognised University with the age of 19 to 23 years for Flying Branch and 18 to 28 years for Technical Branch is eligible to apply for AFCAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

TGC - TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE is exclusively for Engineering Graduates within the age of 18 to 28 years. Through this a candidate is directly called for an Interview conducted by SSB(Service Selection Board).
13th May 2012, 03:26 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguysuresh View Post
Its fantastic you are engineering grad, so you can opt easily for the defense service available. You can opt in Indian army, Indian Air Force and Indian Marine.

Please refer to the site mentioned below:

joinindianarmy.nic.in
www.imu.tn.nic.in
careerairforce.nic.in
indianarmy.nic.in
www.upsc.gov.in
www.nda.nic.in

PLease feel free to ask any further queries.

Thank you,

Help100%
20th June 2012, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

i am engg gratuate,shall i apply for (OTA) in upsc exam
27th July 2013, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam
i am in my final year of b.tech degree course, in Computer sc. stream.
i am girl... am i eligible for any of Indian forces??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?