9th April 2012, 02:48 PM
anchal1308

How to join Indian Defence Services after my graduation? What are the various exam schemes and the eligibility criteria?

sir,
i am a final year computer sc engineering student. I intend to join indian defence services after my graduation. Kindly notify me about the various exam schemes for the same and their respective eligibility criterion.
Thanking You

10th April 2012, 08:08 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to join Indian Defence Services after my graduation? What are the various exam schemes and the eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchal1308 View Post
sir,
i am a final year computer sc engineering student. I intend to join indian defence services after my graduation. Kindly notify me about the various exam schemes for the same and their respective eligibility criterion.
Thanking You
Hey friend,

Indian Defence services as like other defence services for other countries it is very important for serving a country.

The Indian Defence services include forces such as:
  • Indian Army
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force

Being a final year engineering student,you can apply for exams such as:

• CDS - Combined Defence Service
  • UES - University Entry Scheme
  • NCC Special Entry Scheme
  • SSC Naval Architecture
  • SSC Naval Armament Inspection Cadre

These exams offer you to join in Indian defence forces,who have completed their graduation

Eligibility Needed:

For CDS:

> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

> Candidate must be a unmarried male candidate

> Age limit for the CDS Exam is that the candidate must have 19-24 years of age.

> Education qualification for the CDS Exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

> Final year candidates can also apply for this exam

> Candidate should be physically fit according to the physical standard.

For NCC Special Entry Scheme:

> Candidate should be a citizen of India.

> Candidate appearing for the exam must be a unmarried/married man.

> Age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 19-25 years of age.

> Education qualification for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate.Even final year candidates can apply for the exam

For UES :

> Candidate appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India

> Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for the UES Exam.

> The age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 19-25 years of age.

> The education qualification for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university.Even final year candidates can apply for the exam

For SSC Naval Armament Inspection Cadre:

> You must be a citizen of India.

> You must have a age limit of 19 1/2-25 years

> The education qualification for writing this exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech

For SSC Naval Architecture:

> You must be a citizen of India.

> You must have a age limit of 21-25 years

> The education qualification for writing this exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech and you must have got 60% aggregate.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the respected exam for joining in Indian Defence services you can apply for them.

ALL THE BEST
10th April 2012, 08:17 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Defence Services after my graduation? What are the various exam schemes and the eligibility criteria?

The indian defence services are
indian airforce
indian navy
indian army.
Eligibility criteria:
The candidate should be a citizen of india.
The candidate age limit is 16.5 to 19 years.
Education qualification is 10+2 or 12th standard from a recognized state board of india.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible, girls are not eligible for this exam.
Exam pattern:
written test
main exam
interview
for more details visit the website
http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the best.
10th April 2012, 08:24 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How to join Indian Defence Services after my graduation? What are the various exam schemes and the eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchal1308 View Post
sir,
Thanking You

Hello Friend

Indian Defense Services is the common wing for the entry into different defense services , where many of the young and courageous aspirants want to pursue their career to serve for the Nation as a Defense Personnel.

There are different ways to join in Indian Defense Services to start your career after the completion of your Degree.Dude here i am mentioning some of the ways to enter into Defense Services.

I. CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) :

CDS is the common ground for the entry into Indian Defense Services to various wings namely
1. I.M.A ( Indian Military Academy )
2. Air Force
3. Naval Academy
4. O.T.A ( Officers Training Academy )

UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) conducts the common entrance exam All India wide for the entry into CDS. After qualifying the examination you have to go for multiple rounds like Group Discussions , Medical & Physical Examination , Personnel Interview.

Eligibility :

UNMARRIED MALE & FEMALE only eligible for CDS exam.

Educational Qualification :

I.M.A & O.T.A : You must be Degree holder from a recognized university.
Air Force : You must have completed Bachelor Of Engineering or Degree ( with Physics & Mathematics at +2 level ).
Naval Academy : You must have completed Bachelor Of Engineering or
B.Sc ( Physics or Mathematics ).

Dude for more information regarding Age Criteria , Physical standards , how to apply go through the following link www.upsc.gov.in

II. UES ( University Entry Scheme ) :

If you are from B.Tech or B.E from any recognized University or its affiliated colleges or from a deemed University recognized under University Grants commission act 1956 , You can apply for UES.

Eligibility :

UNMARRIED MALE & FEMALE only eligible for UES.

You must have completed your B.Tech / B.E or in Final year or in 3rd Year of your course are also eligible for UES examination.

Dude you can more details from the following link http://www.indian-military.org

III. SSC ( Short Service Commission ) :

Eligibility :

UNMARRIED MALE & FEMALE only eligible for SSC entrance to join in Indian Army.

You must have completed your B.Tech / B.E from a recognized University.

For more details regarding application and all go through the official link
http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in

REGARDS.
10th April 2012, 09:01 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Defence Services after my graduation? What are the various exam schemes and the eligibility criteria?

INDIAN DEFENCE SERVICES mainly comprises of three wings:-

INDIAN ARMY
INDIAN NAVY
INDIAN AIR FORCE

Being a final year Engineering Graduate you can apply for the following Exams:-

CDS- Combined Defence Service
UES - University Entry Scheme
NCC Special Entry Scheme

Eligibility Criteria

For Combined Defence Service:-

-The candidate must be an unmarried Indian National
-Should have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 19 to 25 years
-Should have possessed good physical and Mental health.

For University Entry Scheme:-

-The candidate must be an unmarried Indian National
-Should be an Engineering Graduate from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 19 to 25 years.

For NCC Special Entry Scheme:-

-The candidate must be an Indian Natonal
-Should have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University
-Should be within the age of 19 to 25 years
-Should have passed NCC 'C' Certificate exam with at least 'B' Grade.

According to your eligibility criteria you can apply for the above exams.
10th April 2012, 10:30 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear

After Graduation there is better chance for any candidates

After this you can give some exam likes:-

CDS
UES
etc............

For this criteria is :-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream

*Age- 21 to 27 years

For details you see :-

www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck................
15th May 2012, 11:37 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Education qualification for the CDS Exam is that the candiate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.
> Final year candidates can also apply for this exam
you should be physically fit according to the physical standard.
For NCC Special Entry Scheme:
you should be a citizen of India.appearing for the exam must be a unmarried/married man.
> Age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 19-25 years of age.
15th July 2012, 12:27 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> Indian Defence
>> You can join Indian Defence after graduation through the following ways :-

>> CDS :
CDS Examination is a graduate level exam organized by UPSC twice in a year to get into armed branches of three forces. It grants permanent commission to a candidate.
> Website : www.upsc.gov.in

>> NDA :
The National Defence Academy is a joint services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where the cadets of the three services - the navy, the army and the air force are trained together before they go on to pre-commissioning training to their respective service academies.
> Website : www.upsc.gov.in

>> SSC :
It is to get into IAF and Indian Navy for a short commission of 14 years. In order to appear in this exam, one need to have 60% marks in graduation.

>> CET :
It is to get into ground duty staff of Indian Air Force as an officer.

>> EKT :
It is to get into technical branch of IAF. Only those candidates can appear who have done their graduation in Engineering.
>> Other than these, you can also appear for AFCAT, UES and NCC special entry.
5th September 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing medicine how can i join force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?