under the Ministry of Social Justice and
Empowerment, Govt. of India. It is located in a
beautiful rural area at Olatpur at a distance of 30
Kms. from Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
10th March 2012, 12:09 PM
prashanthi.thota
Member+

Default Re: Information about NIRTAR? I am a class 12th student

The National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research (NIRTAR) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
1.It is located in a beautiful rural area at Olatpur at a distance of 30 Kms. from Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.

2.It conducts three Bachelor Degree courses in Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, two Postgraduate courses in Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.

3.It also has an accreditation for DNB in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi.

4.It also conducts short orientation courses, Continuing Medical Education courses for rehabilitation professionals, awareness programmers for the functionaries of Govt. and Non-Govt., Persons with disabilities and their relatives etc. It has a hospital, wards with 100 beds, operation theatres, x-ray and pathological investigations, physio-occupational therapy services, clinical psychology and vocational counseling, speech and audiology, fabrication of rehabilitation of aids and appliances.

5.It provides total medical rehabilitation for the persons with loco motor disabilities. It has a subcentre at Dhenkanal, established ten District Disability Rehabilitation Centers (DDRCs) in Bihar, Chattisgarh, MadhyaPradesh, Orissa and Composite Rehabilitation Center (CRC) at Guwahati and served as a facilitator in establishing Regional Spinal Injury Center at Cuttack.

6.It conducts rehabilitation camps in a rural, remote and interior areas of AndhraPradesh, Bihar, Chattisgarch, Jammu & Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and North-Eastern States to provide rehabilitation services (fabrication and fitment, distribution of rehabilitation aids and appliances, surgical camps) to the door steps of the persons with disabilities who can not go to bigger cities.

7. It has a good library, information and documentation service facility to disseminate information in the fields of disability, rehabilitation and related areas. Provides consultancy services to Govt. and Non-Govt.Organization in setting/providing rehabilitation services.
10th March 2012, 01:46 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NIRTAR-NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF REHABILITATION TRAINING AND RESEARCH is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.

NIRTAR is situated in Olatpur, Bairoi in the district of Cuttack, Orissa.

One can apply for under Graduate course of Duratin Four years with 6 months internship after 10+2 such as:-

Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy (BPT)
Bachelor Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics (BPO)

These courses are affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.

The eligible candidate should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology with 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 17 to 22 years of age.

The selection is through CET(Common Entrance Test) held usually in the month of June-July every year.
10th March 2012, 01:50 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NIRTAR-NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF REHABILITATION TRAINING AND RESEARCH is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.

NIRTAR is situated in Olatpur, Bairoi in the district of Cuttack, Orissa.

One can apply for under Graduate course of Duratin Four years with 6 months internship after 10+2 such as:-

Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy (BPT)
Bachelor Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics (BPO)

These courses are affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.

The eligible candidate should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology with 50% marks from a recognised Board within the age of 17 to 22 years of age.

The selection is through CET(Common Entrance Test) held usually in the month of June-July every year.
12th April 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

please inform the CET last date of application
30th December 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I'm a b.sc 1st yr student with physics as hons.i want to appear in CET.sir i want previous years question papers to appear in this entrance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?