6th June 2013, 02:19 AM
89monika

Joining as dentist after BDS from private institute

I have done bds from India..from some private institute.pursuing internship.I would like to join who as a dentist.tell me the eligibility and criteria accordingly.I know there are many sections with different criteria and eligibility..plz help me

3rd February 2019, 10:19 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Joining as dentist after BDS from private institute

After BDS and completion of internship, You can start your practice as a general dentist. You can also pursue higher education in MDS and can practice in specialized area of dentistry.

Eligibility for Dentist
You must have completed your BDS from an institute recognized by Dental Council of India.

Specializations In Dentistry
- Dental Public Health Department
- Endodontists
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologists
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Orthodontists
- Oral Pathologists
- Pediatric Dentists
- Periodontists
- Prosthodontists

Job Prospects
As dentist, You may get job opportunities in various departments like Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Dental Clinics, Health Departments etc. After getting some experience, You can also start your own practice. As a starting salary, You may get salary in ranges from Rs.15,000 to Rs.25,000 per month. MDS students may get more higher salary package than it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?