24th December 2011, 09:25 PM
rachitsw

Which language is better for me between ASP.NET, VB.NET or C#?

sir i want to join .net packege but there are many language in it. so which language is better for me firstly. like asp.net,vb.net or c#.

Related Questions:
25th December 2011, 01:43 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Which language is better for me between ASP.NET, VB.NET or C#?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachitsw View Post
sir i want to join .net packege but there are many language in it. so which language is better for me firstly. like asp.net,vb.net or c#.
Which language is better for me between ASP.NET, VB.NET or C#?

.NET is actually not a language but a platform which supports many languages like you just mentioned C#(Pronounced as C Sharp) ,ASP.NET ,SQL etc.

If you want to start learning .NET then it will definitely help you if you have good knowledge of c and C++ or basic JAVA.
I will suggest you to start with C#(C Sharp) as its syntax are somewhat similar to JAVA because the developers of JAVA and .NET were same . First of all JAVA was launched by the SUN Microsystems which was the major competitor of Microsoft . So Microsoft also tried to develop something like that so they started similar project with the same worker and developed .NET but the first version which came into the market was a complete failure but the next version got popularity .

The logics are similar to c and C++ but as i told earlier ,syntax is similar to java so your code will look something like shown below:

using system;
class ravik1214
{
public static void Main(String[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine("Welcome to the programming of C#");
Console.ReadLine();
}
}

So it would be easy for you to work with C# firstly and after getting some idea you may further proceed towards other language.

With Regards
ravik1214
25th December 2011, 03:38 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which language is better for me between ASP.NET, VB.NET or C#?

hai frnd...........
i think c# is better than vb.net
it is my opinion
c# is programming basic language
asp.net is a web development language
c# is more use full to you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?