7th August 2011, 10:09 PM
abbbbbb

Which language to choose between Java and .NET? Which is better in software industry? Does Language Selection affect my campus section?

Sir,
I am in 3rd year cse.I want to be a software developer but i am confused which language to choose java or .net??And after choosing language what should i do for better career??Which language is better in software industry??Which language 'll get the credit in the future and does language selection affects the campus selection?? Pllllzzzzz sir i am very much confused about what to do plz suggest me what to do...........

Related Questions:
  1. What computer language should I opt to enter in software field,either java or .net?
  2. How to choose a programming language as my career after B.Tech computer science? Can I earn anything by being an expert in the language?
  3. How can I improve my programming skills?
  4. Which subject to choose in M.Tech after B.Tech? Which language is easier and better between Java and DOT NET?
  5. Which language to opt for ASP.NET or JAVA? Which is best for training institution and IT companies?
  6. Which language should I prefer between Java and C#? Details about the international certifications of the particular language? How can I prepare for it?
  7. Which companies offers summer training in Java?
  8. Which of the programming language can be self learned between Java and .NET
  9. Which programming languages are important for GATE 2017? -- [New]
  10. What should be done to get the private job after completion of B.Sc course?
  11. Which are the extra courses that can be done during the summer vacation?
  12. How many rounds are available in TCS On-Campus Drive for Associate Software Engineer post? How to prepare for this Drive?
  13. Which course in computer will be the best for me if I am trying for MBA from next session?
  14. What are the additional courses to be learnt during B.Tech 2nd year ECE?
  15. Is JAVA better than C++? What is the use of learning C++ language?
  16. Eligibility for post graduation in Foreign Language? Which language would be better to choose?
  17. Which courses can I do after 12th so that I could boost my career? Which field to take in 11th, Commerce/Science/Arts?
  18. What kind of Questions will be posed for a Fresher in IT Company after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?
19th August 2011, 07:32 PM
amaan khan ak

Default Re: Which language to choose between Java and .NET? Which is better in software industry? Does Language Selection affect my campus section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbbbbb View Post
Sir,
I am in 3rd year cse.I want to be a software developer but i am confused which language to choose java or .net??And after choosing language what should i do for better career??Which language is better in software industry??Which language 'll get the credit in the future and does language selection affects the campus selection?? Pllllzzzzz sir i am very much confused about what to do plz suggest me what to do...........
hi friend
dnt be confused.java and .net are very good programming languages.
these have their own importance in their field.
if ur c and c++ basics clear,u should try to learn java language.becoz java use c language syntax and methods of c++ language.so u can learn java easily.
and one thing also be important that u should work hard for programming..regular practice.java is a very good language.
java is a very easy,robust,portable platform independent language.
and the other one .net is a software framework.and used in web devoloping.
i hope u satisfy by my answer.

##amaan##
19th August 2011, 11:14 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which language to choose between Java and .NET? Which is better in software industry? Does Language Selection affect my campus section?

dear friend,
I think to get a job in a leading software company it will be better for you to go for the short term course JAVA, rather than .NET..
Because JAVA is the most powerful object oriented language now a days, which is used in every leading software company..
So, it will be better for you to go for the course...
Because in training session they will teach you these languages..
So if you know these languages then you can easily cop-up with them..
All the best...
25th August 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

mayur chavda,which language i choose between java or .net? i m studying b.e i.t. now. I have project on .net but i want to do project on java in the final sem. so which langauge is better suite for me? help me...
11th September 2011, 08:30 PM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend....

i want to suggest you that you can do the java certification for the bright career.

Java is a world wide language. it is an platform independent language.

.net is a language which was used to the programming purpose, but now in these days the java is the best language.

all the IT companies are dedicated to the java language.

best of luck.
28th September 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

No Doubt............................................. .Go 4 Java ----------------------------------->>>>
9th March 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

what is teh diffrence between java and .net?
20th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i wants ur help...i know that the java is better...but my programming in c and c is very weak...so m totaly confused...pls suggest me...what should i have to do...
and i want to go for java...and my all frnds are saying that java is very tough...so don't select java...go with .net....sir please help me what should i do???
if i join any institute for learning c,c and java...so after that can i'll be able to understand java???
16th May 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

yup .......java is tough ..... in programming as im experienced in .net field i suggest u to go for .net its also language independent its competitive with java.. lots of languages in it more than 60languages in that c# is similar to c,c .Net is easy compare to java. because most of it is just drag and drop and just writing few lines of code. its most of the code is auto generated and provide many inbuilt control so it is easy to learn. i say .net is also having same preference in as java .. go for .net i know java & .net both are best ... but java is complicated u may earn in java lot but u need to be perfect so try .net
21st May 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

sir... am studing btech & i confused to chooes to take mini project on java Or .net ....? wich is the better.....?wich is programing language will help to in future between .net/java....?
28th May 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i have done core java..now i m confused whether to do advance java or dot net or something else??..plz suggest..i m really very confused...
12th June 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

sir, this is my 3rd year. i hve no clue about the market. i do not know much about the technology . i hve gud command over c . i want to know what should i do now. how to get a better job?????????
15th June 2012, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m b.tech 2nd year student and have summer training for 1 month, and courses offered are php,java( core and advance) and asp .net so which course i would join?? and my basics about c and c is cleared suggest me right option.....
16th June 2012, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, this is my 3rd year. i hve no clue about the market. i do not know much about the technology . i hve gud command over c . i want to know what should i do now. how to get a better job?????????
Hi,, for a software engineer, to get a good job u must learn .NET and/or PHP..these are mainly used for windows as well as web applications these days..if these are not taught practically in your college, u could learn them through private classes..nd also during interviews, your technical knowledge is tested first..nd then other aspects lyk communication skills etc..so you need to be thorough about technology..your command over C will help you learn higher languages lyk C#.NET, VB.NET etc
good luck
13th July 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am b.tech 4th sem student, now our summer training is starting. i want to take training in java or .net. but i have very little knowledge of c & c . can i learn java or .net, if i worked very hard. which one is better for me. .net or java. is java is very difficult/
31st August 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,tis s my third year i knw a little abt c nd c bt i'm nt well n tat..shal i stdy java or .net..wich one suits me?wich one s gud in market nw
1st September 2012, 01:03 AM
sanjay08cs46
Member+

dnt be confused.java and .net are very good programming languages.
these have their own importance in their field

Choose your interest and try to learn it.
Both the languages are intresting
16th September 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done my btech and I already did course named VB.NET and ASP.NET and i have also done oracle . So now sir I wanted to do Java and advance java so that i can opt for jobs requiring java or . net . So sir i m very confused .I wld like to know weather i am doing the right thing
17th September 2012, 01:52 AM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

java and .net are very good programming languages.
these have their own importance in their field.
if ur c and c++ basics clear,u should try to learn java language.becoz java use c language syntax and methods of c++ language.so u can learn java easily.
and one thing also be important that u should work hard for programming..regular practice.java is a very good language.
26th September 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i am compliting my mca in distance mode & i want to go to software devlopment but i am very much confuse to choose language between java and .net, plz sir help me to choose these
8th October 2012, 12:33 PM
anusha2006

hi,

See computer language is set of instrution that your computer understand and performed accordingly.Now question is which languge we have to use is depends on the resourses,time and the reguest preformance.When you deal with small network(intranet) than its better to use .NET because less time consumimg,easy to work ,easy to maintanace and easy to learn.
When y r dealing with big network (internet(www)) then its better to use java.Java has uninge features to work with www.Its high speed, platform independence makes its language as work in www (web wite world) highly prefered language.

thanks.
pragya
wellcome for my mistake and correction in that.
6th January 2013, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

sir ,which language is better for future carrier java or .net plz suggest me
10th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in bca 2nd yr . i am not able to find what todo between java and .net.
sir plse tell me which is more demandable and high earner course .
18th January 2013, 03:05 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

language to choose between Java and .NET

1.i want to suggest you that you can do the java certification for the bright career

2.net is a language which was used to the programming purpose, but now in these days the java is the best language

3.Java is a world wide language. it is an platform independent languag

4.all the IT companies are dedicated to the java languag

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th March 2013, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: Which language to choose between Java and .NET? Which is better in software industry? Does Language Selection affect my campus section?

[QUOTE=Snehamay ganguly;1059785]dear friend,
I think to get a job in a leading software company it will be better for you to go for the short term course JAVA, rather than .NET..
Because JAVA is the most powerful object oriented language now a days, which is used in every leading software company..
So, it will be better for you to go for the course...
Because in training session they will teach you these languages..
So if you know these languages then you can easily cop-up with them..
All the best.
I can tell u in short that Java is better than .Net....in java u can devolep application which can use on web....
19th April 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,i completed b.e comp.science,i like to enter IT field,so now i plan to do course, but i have confusion to choose java or .net.which one is better to choose for me,and i don't have coding knowledge also, please suggest me what to choose
25th August 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

sir I have completed be(ece),I will do .net or java course which is learn easy and good for me
25th August 2013, 07:32 AM
vaibhav joshte

Java is a world wide language. it is an platform independent language.
.net is a language which was used to the programming purpose, but now in these days the java is the best language
.if ur c and c++ basics clear,u should try to learn java language.becoz java use c language syntax and methods of c++ language.so u can learn java easily.
during interviews, your technical knowledge is tested first..nd then other aspects lyk communication skills etc..so you need to be thorough about technology..your command over C will help you learn higher languages lyk C#.NET, VB.NET etc,so Go 4 Java
25th August 2013, 10:48 AM
s.snedh
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which language to choose between Java and .NET? Which is better in software industry? Does Language Selection affect my campus section?

Java and .net both are very good and useful Programming language.
I'm not sure what the comparison for jobs is right now, but you can choose java because it has small advantage.
if you go for Java, you'll have to learn a whole truck-load of additional technologies and frameworks.
if you go for .Net, you'll need to know C#, Sharepoint, SQL Server, and other Microsoft technologies.
If u have knowledge of C & C++, then java would not be very difficult to you.
if you want to learn java then go for it & leave .net
if you want to learn .net then go for it & leave java
now it is your choice.

good luck...
15th May 2014, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

hi im soniya i completed B.E-cse passed out 2011...I interested become a programmer but my bad luck i didnt get job inmy field 2 years to til now im working in bpo...stil i would like study any computer languge i want knw which is the best course now
Days...i knw basics c,c ....
10th June 2014, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

hiii I m sumit bhatt doing b.tech from cse branch.....I HAve just given my 2nd year exams.. and confused which language
to opt. either java or .net ..SO I want know which language to opt. which lead to my bright & secure future..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?