18th August 2017, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Lateral entry btech 2nd year Polymer technology trade

Sir i am studying final year diploma plastic technology from cipet mysore after completing diploma i can get lateral entry btech 2nd year . now i have 80% in all sem diploma result. Tell my gmail. mishras4781@ gmail.com

Related Questions:
18th August 2017, 10:19 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Lateral entry btech 2nd year Polymer technology trade

Yes, definitely you can apply for direct admission in second year of B.Tech after completion of diploma course from any well recognized college. You have to apply for LEET exam for getting direct admission in second year of B.Tech in good college.
LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Exam. After getting the result of entrance exam, you have to participate in online counseling to get the admission in best college as per your rank. After getting the result of counseling, you have to visit the campus to complete the further admission process.
19th August 2017, 02:04 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am studying final year diploma plastic technology from cipet mysore after completing diploma i can get lateral entry btech 2nd year . now i have 80% in all sem diploma result. Tell my gmail. mishras4781@ gmail.com
You can definitely take admission in B.E/B.Tech directly into 2nd year after completing your diploma courses through the Lateral Entry by taking the LEET examination.

The LEET is Lateral Entry Entrance Test is held by every state for the admission of the candidates in 2nd year of B.E/B.Tech. There are many colleges that accept admission of the candidates through Lateral Entry.

The eligibility criteria are

The candidates should have a diploma in an appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology from a AICTE recognized college.
The general candidates need to score a minimum of 45% in aggregate. For SC/ST candidates minimum marks required 40%.
The age of the candidates should be minimum 18years.

Since you have a score of 80% throughout in your diploma program you can apply for the LEET exam. If you are able to score a good rank in LEET you can easily get admission in a good B.Tech/B.E college.
19th August 2017, 03:14 AM
starberry

Hello,

After completing Diploma Plastic Technology you can get lateral into B.Tech 2nd year. B.Tech allows Diploma student to get direct entry into 2nd year through lateral entry exams like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam. So, you need to clear one of this exam to get admission. They have fixed number of seats alloted to students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?