31st July 2014, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to change college under WBUT if studying B.Tech(CE) through lateral entry?

sir,
i m studying btech civil 2nd year under wbut...
i was lateral entry in 2nd year in my current college...
can i change my college under wbut in 2nd year now????
please help me to find out

5th August 2014, 06:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to change college under WBUT if studying B.Tech(CE) through lateral entry?

Yes, you can change college in the second year. However, you cannot switch to government engineering colleges. Most of the colleges do not accept students in the middle of the course from other institutes. But this is possible when there are vacancies generated in the college where you are trying to switch. Moreover, you need to pay a good amount of donation to whichever private engineering college you are switching to.
15th April 2015, 09:56 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Possibility to change college under WBUT if studying B.Tech(CE) through lateral entry?

First of all, this can be done from a private to private or from a govt to private college only.

If such is the case, then follow the steps below :

1. Check for the seats available in the college of your choice and your branch.

2. If there are seats available then you should apply for the permission for transfer to the highest authority of the college and the university.

3. If they permit you, then you should apply for the permission in your university and college.

4. With the consent of both the sides you can apply for the Transfer Certificate in the college with the requisite and do the needful.

NOTE :
Do not apply for the transfer certificate in the current college of yours in advance, otherwise you will be in a big big mess.
9th December 2020, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Hey, I got admitted in Techno India Saltlate Main campus as lateral student without counselling, as JELET's counselling date is yet to announce... so if i do the counselling and i want to change my college after counselling will i get refund of the admission fee?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?