16th February 2011, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

Currently i am pursuing my B.tech(IT) 2007-11 till now i didnt get placed so i am confused whether to go for M.TECH or M.B.A. if M.TECH which is having very good scope and if M.B.A which stream will be related to my(I.T) field and useful.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is a better option between General MBA and MBA in Pharmaceuticals? List of good MBA colleges that provide good placements?
  2. Will any industry accept me after scoring a CGPA of 5?
  3. Should I go for MBA or M.Tech?
  4. Which are the colleges providing placements after doing M.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in IT specialization
  5. Best option between MBA and M.Tech for distance mode education? Any colleges offering M.Tech in Distance Mode and is it a good option?
  6. How to join M.Tech in Foreign Universities afte doing 3rd year B.Tech IT?
  7. MBA or M.Tech: Better course for jobs?
  8. For doing M.Tech in Biotechnology do I have to do MSc or MBA first? Which is a better option?
  9. In which stream of B.Tech I will get admission if secured 6887 rank in KIITEE? -- [New]
  10. Having aggregate below 60% : Which IT companies am I eligible to get a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. MBA or M.Tech: Better option after B.Tech? Which would offer better salary?
  12. What kind of job to choose so as to get a higher salary package?
  13. Which colleges provide good placements after M.Tech? What are other options after BE (ECE)?
  14. What are the Engineering Colleges available in Delhi, Chennai & Andhra Pradesh for the GATE score of 327 or AIR rank 18584 in computer science?
  15. Which is a better option between MBA from LPU and M.Tech from VIT university, Manipal University
  16. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  17. What are the job placements available after BBA+MBA?
  18. Hi friends,am a b.tech student
16th February 2011, 10:56 AM
rahuljpawarbemech

Default Re: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

m.tech is better option as compared to mba ...because it is directly concerned with engineering field..also it is very much essential to keep in touch with our previous basic knowledge to utilise it fully ...which is definitely beneficial.....person with very good knowledge of english and management should go to mba after be/b-tech
16th February 2011, 11:04 AM
p.arungoud

Default Re: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

hello,
a technical degree student finds various opportunities if you have m.b.a
i think it's better you join in the best b-schools by appearing cat xam
16th February 2011, 11:05 AM
jayantdb91

Thumbs up Re: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

Acc to me better option will be mba as there is branch named information systems in many of the elite indian b-schools where in your b.tech degree in it can come handy n u wont you will be in your field only.....
whereas if u wanna do m.tech den u obviously can but if you do m.tech from iit by qualifyng GATE den only it will come handy as doing m.tech from any other regular universities and college wont make much of difference!!!
Hope i have helprd you....... tc
16th February 2011, 11:48 AM
ravi2006

I come from a similar field as you are. I believe one should go for MTech. There is boom in MBA stream but that is not static. It may be the case that after 2 years, the boom in MBA sector goes down. On the other hand, there is a huge shortage of faculty throughout the world. If one does MTech, opportunities are immense. And knowledge will be always weighted heavier. Also, you should not diverge from technical field in which you have done BTech. But, ultimately, its your choice.
16th February 2011, 01:04 PM
SupritShestha

if you are going to complete your UG in BTech then i advice you to continue your study and join MTech in PG also...it will be easier and you will have more opportunity in later part of your career...
16th February 2011, 01:47 PM
JIGNESH RAVAL

ACTUALLY ,
M.tech is better than M.B.A. in for information technology..
M.B.A. has a generally management side subject . if you want to learn management then you can doing M.B.A...
on the other side , M.Tech is generally for technical person..
I also do not get a job in any placement..
But now i have decided to do M.Tech...
I hope you take better decision...
THANKS..
16th February 2011, 02:45 PM
aryapooja

better to know in which field u r having ur interest.like if u r having a strong intrst in management thn go for mba
othrvise for higher knowledge of ur branch and for proffesorship or research..opt for m.tech.
16th February 2011, 03:14 PM
arunpulsar

Hi!
there are lot of scope for both the fields(M.TECH and M.B.A).choose the field which you are interested among them.Because involvement matters than you choose.
16th February 2011, 03:36 PM
anncie10

Do not be worried ,, You can opt for MBA, MBA operations with IT background will fetch you immense opportunity in future.. All the best. Do carry on with MBA
16th February 2011, 04:20 PM
momeen

Hai,
As per now you are a Btech pursuing student the doubt which you have raised is apt.
Mtech would be definitely useful but the constraint over here is, how good you are in your academics? Being a IT student you would be surely benifited by Mtech, but keeping in mind the present analogy I suggest you to prefer MBA from a good university so that after the completion of MBA you can find yourself open for several fields i.e you will be having much more opportunities to start a career. As you are into IT the stream suggested to you will be Finance and HR. So take a wise decision, and all the best for your bright career.
16th February 2011, 04:49 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

see both are good but both are different.....
if you want to remain in technical line, then go for M.tech...
and if you want to be in managerial field then go for MBA...
as far as job and salary is concerned, you will get good package with a promising job in
both the fields.....
thanks.
16th February 2011, 06:20 PM
rihhu
Member+

hi it completly depends on you. both are nice courses but now its upto you if you want to know more about your field then go for mtech otherwise go for management where your english has to be strong and logic reasoning so you decide what you want then you will get the answer of your question
16th February 2011, 07:19 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hi friend,

Regarding your career option you have a good choice for both the options,you can go for M.Tech if you want to enhance your computer skills and still you have a good chance to get a high paid job.

You can also go for MBA if you are instrumental in financial and business options and still a fat salary awaits you.

Choose wisely and go for your choice.

All the best!!
16th February 2011, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

does btech. biotechnology course is not having any value ///??? in what way do we can opt for biotech companies and also their good pays?
16th February 2011, 08:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dont be confused !

Both these courses are best.

So, if you are interested for furthur study After completing your B.tech, then its good. So, i will suggest you just choose courses according to your Interest.

Choose that course, in which you have more interest. If you bakground is form B.tech, then M.tech is best Course for you, And after completing M.tech you will get good jobs as a techer Or Lecturar in Future.

But, if you go for MBA, then you will get great jobs with high salary pacakage. So, if you want to make your career bright in Mnagement field, then MBA is the best course And after completing this course, You will get good jobs in future in top Companies.

So, its totally depends on your personal interest. Its your career, So decide yourself which course is better for you and in which field you have great Interest Because both M.tech and MBA are the best course.

So, please dont be confuse and decide yourself, which field is best for you.
16th February 2011, 10:00 PM
krrispo

Post Re: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

Dear friend....

as you posted above that you are doing B.Tech(IT) and willing to persue your career further as in MBA and M.Tech..so i would advice you to firstofall choose your priority of sectors either management or technical..

If you are good in your technical skills choose Mtech and if you feel that you perform much more better in management sector den choose MBA.

One more thing often peoples think there is a wide variation in salary of both these degree holder...well its just a myth..they both field pay you as per your perfection and proficiency...thus select the course which suits you....so choose wisely...

hope this may help you...
16th February 2011, 10:49 PM
maheshmvgr328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Currently i am pursuing my B.tech(IT) 2007-11 till now i didnt get placed so i am confused whether to go for M.TECH or M.B.A. if M.TECH which is having very good scope and if M.B.A which stream will be related to my(I.T) field and useful.
as u said u r not placed ,if u r intrested in u r core field do M.Tech so it strengths u r knowledge on the subjects and u can try in software companies if not u can go to teachinbg profession whr u get a minimum basic starting salary of 15000 /-.
if u ask me an advice i will tell u to join mba so that u will have both technical and business knowledge . depending on u r intrest u can shift from one to another
17th February 2011, 02:50 AM
nitingoplani88

if u have appeared in gate and think u r going to acheive good score than prefer gate otherwise MBA is best because u have already technical knowledge and by finishing MBA u can grow technically as well as professionally..

thats why companies preferred B.Tech + MBA

and most important thing is that it depend on your choice if you want go in teaching line then prefer M.Tech only !!
17th February 2011, 07:03 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

m.tech is better option as compared to mba .
because it is directly concerned with engineering field.
Choose that course, in which you have more interest. If you background is form B.tech, then M.tech is best Course for you, And after completing M.tech you will get good jobs as a teacher Or Lecturer in Future.
But, if you go for MBA, then you will get great jobs with high salary package. So, if you want to make your career bright in Management field, then MBA is the best course And after completing this course, You will get good jobs in future in top Companies.
So, its totally depends on your personal interest. Its your career, So decide yourself which course is better for you and in which field you have great Interest Because both M.tech and MBA are the best course.

good luck
17th February 2011, 06:34 PM
smruti prasad das

hiiiiiiiiiii friend
both the options are better.if u are go for money then u go for MBA.if u want strong technically then u go for MTECH.
15th March 2011, 09:09 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

you have mentioned that you were not placed even in your final year of B.Tech. But you did not mention whether have you attended for any recruitment drives or not, if attended -to how many companies

Choosing M.Tech or MBA in the post graduation, it is your interest. If you are interested in technical studies, as already your background is from IT, and if you feel that you have some good expertise in your subject, better to choose M.Tech.

B.tech and then MBA, these people are in good demand because the companies can use them in either of the ways both in the management field and technical field as they done both technical studies and management studies. These people are in good demand now.

I don't know why you have not placed. Don't worry still you are pursuing. So hope for the best in the future. IT boom is regaining.
15th March 2011, 09:12 PM
noddy11

Hello friend,
Better to know in which field u r having ur interest.like if u r having a strong intrst in management thn go for mba
othrvise for higher knowledge of ur branch and for research opt for m.tech.

good luck.
15th March 2011, 09:14 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

Hello friend,
Better to know in which field u r having ur interest.like if u r having a strong intrst in management thn go for mba
othrvise for higher knowledge of ur branch and for research opt for m.tech.

good luck.
15th March 2011, 10:22 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

MBA and M.Tech is totally different study. M.tech is study on your technical subject whereas MBA is study on management subject.

i think you should choose your career according to your interest and your performance. if you are strong enough in technical paper then obviously you should go for M.Tech. what i mean is if you have good knowledge on Information technology and if you got interest to study IT then you should further study on M.Tech.

but if you are not good in technical subject then MBA is best option for you. after MBA job opportunity and scope is very high. easily you will get good job with god salary package after pass out. so you may choose it as your career option.

whatever you will choose you should choose wisely. don't be confused just choose according to your interest. market condition after M.Tech and MBA almost similar. for both the course job opportunity scope very nice.

best wishes.
15th March 2011, 10:37 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with your IT field then you must do MTech.

but if you are not interested to work in your IT field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you should remember, for getting promotion in company with MTech, MBA is essentially required.

all the best........
16th March 2011, 02:54 PM
Garima G

Red face Re: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

for b.tech students m.tech is better option because it enhance ur knowledge in which u r studied ........even in future if u want u easily get a job with a handsome income.
28th March 2011, 10:41 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
m.tech is better option as compared to mba ...because it is directly concerned with engineering field..also it is very much essential to keep in touch with our previous basic knowledge to utilise it fully ...which is definitely beneficial.....person with very good knowledge of english and management should go to mba after be/b-tech

Thanks
27th April 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

i have 18 months of experience and i want to pursue Mtech in coumputer science.will the experience help in getting job after mtech.i don't want to go towards the teaching line just want to join companies like intel,google,adobe etc.
25th July 2011, 03:30 PM
ankit049
Member+

: M.Tech or MBA: Better option after B.Tech(IT) without getting any placements?

Dont be confused !

Both these courses are best.

So, if you are interested for furthur study After completing your B.tech, then its good. So, i will suggest you just choose courses according to your Interest.

Choose that course, in which you have more interest. If you bakground is form B.tech, then M.tech is best Course for you, And after completing M.tech you will get good jobs as a techer Or Lecturar in Future.

But, if you go for MBA, then you will get great jobs with high salary pacakage. So, if you want to make your career bright in Mnagement field, then MBA is the best course And after completing this course, You will get good jobs in future in top Companies.

So, please dont be confuse and decide yourself, which field is best for you.

thanking you
14th August 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to join in mba with icet immediately after btech with out any delay
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?