17th July 2012, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

Should I go for MBA or M.Tech?

hi!!!
i m n btech and want to ask should i go for mba or mtech or get placed through the campus placements?
i m nt able to make a choice and work accordingly...
at present i m n 3rd year

29th July 2012, 08:30 PM
archanagalenka

Default Re: Should I go for MBA or M.Tech?

Dear ,

It totally depends on your skills, needs and interest that whether you want to do MBA or M.Tech
I can provide a comparative table for MBA and M.Tech:
Salary: MBA has more chances of high salary than M.Tech
Government Jobs: After MBA private job is best suited for you while a sector of government job is opened after M.Tech
Teaching line: After doing your M.Tech you can join any institution and teach other students. This is helpful if you love to teach people.
Foreign opportunities: It is opened for both courses but more chances are for an MBA post graduate to go foreign
30th July 2012, 06:13 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

I can provide a comparative table for MBA and M.Tech:
Salary: MBA has more chances of high salary than M.Tech
Government Jobs: After MBA private job is best suited for you while a sector of government job is opened after M.Tech
Teaching line: After doing your M.Tech you can join any institution and teach other students. This is helpful if you love to teach people.
Foreign opportunities: It is opened for both courses but more chances are for an MBA post graduate to go foreign
26th November 2012, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi i m also a btech third year student. i have heared that nowadays doing MBA apart from IIM is not much valuable. So again my question remains the same that i should choose for mba or mtech
26th November 2012, 11:22 AM
dpiitm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi!!!
i m n btech and want to ask should i go for mba or mtech or get placed through the campus placements?
Hi,
If you are really serious about your core engineering Studies. Its Better You go for Higher Studies like MS or Mtech. From My Point of View, If you are interested in Research field you should for M Tech and then PG. Even if you do M tech from NITs, these days you are not sure of the Job.

But on the other hand, if you go for an MBA, It will be helpful for you decide whether you can work on you Engineering subject or MBA degree. Its easy to get a job with two degrees in two different fields. In Future, You can even start your own business with enough experience gained. So, go for MBA.
26th November 2012, 12:10 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Well partly in your question only, you have answered for yourself. Right now, since the job arena is not so good, it will be better for you to look for campus placements. Since you are already in your third year, the next year is a huge probability for a number of companies to come for campus placements. So do not miss this opportunity and cling onto it. Make the best of it to get through in any good job promising company like TCS or IBM or Infosys etc. But for all this your graduation percentage must be well above 60% and if possible 65%.
One more thing to say is that, after two or three years, when you settle in that company well, now go for MBA. MBA will further enhance your education and also it will give you business knowledge and the ability to take up new business strategies for the companies benefit. If you score more than 50% in your graduation, then only can you opt for any MBA admission test. The admission tests will differ according to the colleges you apply. If you clear that too then you can get admitted in MBA program.
26th November 2012, 01:51 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I go for MBA or M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi!!!

Dear Friend,

MBA stands for Master Of Business Administrative if you are interested in Management branch then you should go for MBA......

Now a day Demand of MBA student is Greatly increasing for Companies Management........

And if you are interested in Technological branch then you should go for M.Tech (Mater of Technology).....

>> For both the courses a candidate must have completed their Graduation Degree......

>> Both the branch have Good future scope so, please check it out according to your interest in perticular branch.....

All the best

With Regards....
Dharm
26th November 2012, 03:32 PM
utsav9
Member+

Hello friend,
since you are b.tech 3rd year, you have enough time to decide your further studies.If u get a good job from your campus interviews then its well and good.You can go for your further studies later while joing job by distance,else if You are interested in research fields you can go for M.tech, and if You are interested in marketing line then you better go for M.B.A. In both the fields after completing your post graduation course from a recognized university, you will definitely get a good job. Now its upto you decide in which field you have got the knack.
ALL THE BEST for your future......
26th November 2012, 03:35 PM
utsav9
Member+

Hello friend,
since you are b.tech 3rd year, you have enough time to decide your further studies.If u get a good job from your campus interviews then its well and good.You can go for your further studies later while joing job by distance,else if you are interested in research fields you can go for M.tech, and if you are interested in marketing line then you better go for M.B.A. In both the fields after completing your post graduation course from a recognized university, you will definitely get a good job. Now its upto you to decide in which field you have got the knack.
26th November 2012, 03:38 PM
utsav9
Member+

Hello friend,
since you are b.tech 3rd year, you have enough time to decide your further studies.If u get a good job from your campus interviews then its well and good.You can go for your further studies later while doing job by distance,else if you are interested in research fields you can go for M.tech, and if you are interested in marketing line then you better go for M.B.A. In both the fields after completing your post graduation course from a recognized university, you will definitely get a good job. Now its upto you to decide in which field you have got the knack.
14th January 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

im still confused between mba or mtech..me too in 3rd year...i want to work in corporates so which 1 is good?
11th March 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am in b.tech first year now. And I have completed my first sam with 6.7 cgpa. so I want to know that is my cgpa ok for getting a good job.......?
12th March 2013, 01:44 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Smile Re: Should I go for MBA or M.Tech?

Dear friend,
It is totally depends on your skills and interest.
I suggest you you do whats your interest tells because both program has their importance on their fields.
If you want to be a professor or good engineer than you can prepare for gate. If you get good marks in Gate than you pursue your M.tech from IITs
As above if you want to do a good management course than you have to crack the CAT exam conducted by IIMs. After cracking the exam you get a reputed institution for pursing MBA like in IIM Ahemdabad FMS DELHI.
In MBA you get little more opportunities.
So I suggested you to do first M.TECH after it MBA.
Best regards for your future.
Thanks
23rd April 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

i want to study in differnet field other than mba and mtech i studied btech is there any other p.g courses after mtech other than mba and mtech is there any jobs for btech degree
24th May 2013, 01:19 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

to choose between M.Tech and MBA is totally on your interest and the kind of job career you want

If you want to work as an engineer in manufacturing company, you should go for M.Tech.
If you want to work as manager, you should go for MBA.

whatever you choose, do it from the best college to ensure best placement and career

All the best
7th August 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

is mba has good oppurtunities
16th October 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

hi...hellooo..........am studying b.tech 3rd year.......am confused what to do after b.tech
there are no hopes for college placements.............i like to do m.tech....but, i dont hope so i get good rank in gate.....
so..is mba good to do.?....i even thought to do ms in us.....but...budget problem...:((..
so...please suggest meeeee............
23rd January 2014, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Im a student from snist, btech 2 nd yr frm ECM( ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING) Hving more intrested in computers study. i hav an aggregate of 92%. i aspire to get a good job wen compared to d campus reruitments. wat is d best post graduation course prefered ? wat are the eligibility criteria for getting into IIT Banglore...??
plz kindly suggest me d bet career option ! plz to do reply me on an e-mail..will b eagarly waitin g for ur suggestions !

thanx and regards
HARINI ( [email protected])
28th September 2014, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

hi.............am studying b.tech 3rd year.......am confused what to do after b.tech
there are no hopes for college placements.............i like to do m.tech....but, i dont hope so i get good rank in gate.....
so..is mba good to do.?..
is mba opt for me????
11th December 2014, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of btech(CSE) prese77ntly in 2nd year.I am confused between MBA And Mtech after completing my btech. I have scored 62.8% in 12 board. Is this low percentage will create problem in addmission for MBA in good institute or I should drop the plan for MBA and go for Mtech or Ms....plz help me out of this.....plz guide me....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?