18th December 2015, 05:23 PM
chandan229

Is Maths compulsory to get admission in Biotechnology? Which field of Biotechnology requires Mathematical knowledge?

As a student from science background. I'm highly interested in scientific analysis.At present i'm a student of class 12 from cbse board and my subject pattern is pcb. I am highly interested in biotechnology and i wish to pursue biotech as a career. so i want to that is maths a compulsory subject to get in biotech?? and if its NO so up to what extent it plays an important role in biotech. and which field of biotechnology requires mathematical knowledge. I'm an aspirant of genetic engineering and i think that genetics is my forte. so i request you all to please guide me and help me in making a good decision.
thank you
-chandan kumar

Related Questions:
  1. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
  2. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  3. What is the requirement to do BSc Biotech after 12th
  4. Which is one is better to take between B.Tech Biotechnology and B.Sc Biotechnology?
  5. List of the colleges in India offering admission in B.Tech Biotechnology with Maths and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th?
  6. How to do PG in the same field after doing UG biotechnology
  7. Is Maths compulsory for a candidate to join B.Tech in Biotechnology? List of Government Universities offering this course?
  8. How to get good opportunities in the field of Biotechnology?
  9. Is it advisable for me to opt for biotechnology after scoring 67% in SSC? Is Biology and Maths compulsory for all institutions?
  10. B.Sc(biotechnology) or B.Tech(biotechnology): better choice for a job in Biotechnology field? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  12. Which field is better between M.Sc in Biotechnology and M.Pharmacy after B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  13. Scope of B.Sc Bio-Informatics and M.Sc in Bio-Informatics?
  14. What is the eligibility to do MSc Biotech?
  15. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? Procedure for admission?
  16. How to get admission into Biotechnology? What is the percentage criteria for admission into BSc Biotechnology?
  17. List of institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology to M.Sc candidate? Entrance exam to get admission?
  18. Will there be any short term courses of Biotechnology to improve knowledge being a candidate of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
18th December 2015, 09:25 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to get admission in Biotechnology? Which field of Biotechnology requires Mathematical knowledge?

No.Maths is not a compulsory for Biotechnology course admission.

Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with PCM or PCB as a main subjects from a recognized board.

Best Colleges Offering Biotechnology Course
- Thapar University , Punjab
- PSG College of Technology , Tamilnadu
- Visvesvaray Institute of Technology , Bangalore
- Manipal Institute of Technology , Karnataka
- Vellore Institute of Technology , Tamilnadu
- Acharya Institite of Technology , Bangalore
- Srineeshi Institute of Science & Technology , Telangana
- Satyabhama University
- Karunya University

Employment Area
- Agriculture sector
- Pharmaceutical Company
- Chemical firms
- Research Labs
- Colleges
- Universities
- Media houses
19th December 2015, 09:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to get admission in Biotechnology? Which field of Biotechnology requires Mathematical knowledge?

No, maths is not necessary to get admitted in Biotechnology.

Some colleges which offers biotechnology courses are as follows:-

- PSG College of Technology , Tamilnadu
- Thapar University , Punjab
- Visvesvaray Institute of Technology , Bangalore
- Vellore Institute of Technology , Tamilnadu
- Manipal Institute of Technology , Karnataka
- Srineeshi Institute of Science & Technology , Telangana
- Satyabhama University
- Karunya University
- Acharya Institite of Technology , Bangalore
17th March 2019, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

I have randomly checked some of above collages and they needs Maths in Class 12 for admission .
2nd November 2019, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to pursue genetic engineering do i need math
5th July 2020, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have taken PCB as cbse board can I go in biotechnology research lab
20th August 2020, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Is maths optional in bsc biotechnology study.is math subject is compulsory....
13th February 2021, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

Do we need maths for biotechnology in nit.. If no how do we apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?