11th July 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Maximum age limit to join Indian Military?

what is the maximum age limit for join the indian military...Please tell me the criteria

10th October 2011, 08:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum age limit to join Indian Military?

You have not mentioned what is your educational background. The age limit for joining the Indian military will vary according to the educational background as well as the position for which you are applying. If you are joining after completing your 12th class through NDA it should be around 16 ½ - 19 years. If you are joining through attending the CDS after graduation the age limit should be between 19 to 24 Years. There is a university entry scheme where in the age limit should be between 20 to 27 years.
27th November 2011, 02:29 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

hi,
If you want to join defence after 12th then you apply through National Defence Academy
exam.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
eligibility criteria:-
-pass 12th from recognized university or board
-Age should be in between 16.5-19 year
-medically fit
-Must be citizen of India

If you want to join after your graduation then you can apply through Combine Defence Service exam.
C.D.S.E conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:-
-pass 12th from recognized university.
-age limit:-19-24 year.
-must be citizen of India

all the best!
27th January 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, my age is 18 and i hv completed my diploma in computer technology which post should i get in army....rply waiting...........
28th January 2012, 09:35 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Maximum age limit to join Indian Military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the maximum age limit for join the indian military...Please tell me the criteria

Eligibility Criteria For Joining Indian Military

You can join the Indian Military through 2 exams,conducted by UPSC,depending on your age limit :-

1) NDA :- The National Defense Academy Exam or the NDA is conducted twice every year in the months of April and August..

For appearing in the NDA Exam a candidate must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must be within the age limit of 16.5-21 years as seen on 1st July of the year of the examination..

2) The candidate must have completed his 12th or equivalent from a recognized board in any stream..

The forms for the exam are available since 31st December,2011 and the last date to submit the completed application forms is 30th January,2012

The exam shall be conducted on 15th April,2012

2) CDS :- The Combined Defense Services or the CDS Exam is conducted in the months of February and September..

For appearing in the CDS Exam a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must be within the age limit of 19-24 years for the IMA

2) The candidate must have passed his/her graduation from a recognized University

Apart from these..the candidates must be physically fit and should have a perfect eyesight..

For more information you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
28th January 2012, 09:52 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army/Military in two ways by appearing through the exam through NDA and CDS.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

To join Indian Army/Military one must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having good physical fitness and having appeared for the final 12th exam or passed for any stream in order to apply for NDA exam.

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC two times every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

To join Indian Military Academy one must be an unmarried Indian national within the age group of 19 to 24 years of age having good physical fitness and having either appeared for the final graduation degree or passed in any stream in order to apply for CDS exam.

For further details you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
28th January 2012, 12:02 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
For joining Indian Military Eligibility criteria is:-

*Candidate pass 12th after they can give NDA they
are eligible to enter Military

*Candidate after Graduation eligible for Indian Military

Age- 21 to 27 years

Relaxation based on govt. rules.........

28th January 2012, 12:12 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
The 1st eligibility is after +2 science stream you can apply for NDA exam which is first in the age of 16.5 - 21 yrs.

More details are in below chart.........

For more details you can visit official website of upsc.

Good luck.............
29th February 2012, 03:11 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

To join Indian Army/Military one must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having good physical fitness and having appeared for the final 12th exam or passed for any stream in order to apply for NDA exam.CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC two times every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.For appearing in the NDA Exam a candidate must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion ,you must be within the age limit of 16.5-21 years as seen on 1st July of the year of the examination..you must have completed his 12th or equivalent from a recognized board in any stream..The forms for the exam are available since 31st December,2011 and the last date to submit the completed application forms is 30th January,2012The exam shall be conducted on 15th April,2012
22nd August 2012, 12:36 PM
Rakesh kumar roushan

Default Re: Maximum age limit to join Indian Military? 17

Quote:
My name is rakesh kumar roushan .My father name sri rajmohan kumar .my father is army man. I like this army .I asked maximum age limit to indian army
27th December 2012, 07:39 PM
MAKES 25
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Maximum age limit to join Indian Military?

Quote:

DEAR FRIEND,
THE MAXIMUM AGE OF JOIN INDIAN ARMY. INDIAN ARMY IS JOIN U.P.S AND TWICE YEAR.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT :-
I. PASS 12TH ANY STERAM OF RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.
II. MINIMUM AGE 16.5 AND MAXIMUM AGE 19 AND NATIONALITY MUST BE INDIAN.

with best wishes of Makes 25.
29th December 2012, 11:23 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends...............

The Maximum age limit to join Indian Military is19Years..........

GOOD LUCK................
30th December 2012, 05:44 PM
Siva mechanical

Quote:
hello friend,

the maximum age limit for joining army is specified below:

1. permanent commission: upto 32 years
2. short service commission: upto 45 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?