7th July 2011, 04:30 AM
Unregistered

Is MCA course from Sikkim Manipal University valuable in terms of job prospective?

manipal and sikkim manipal is two diffrent university
please send me the details

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get valuable job if pursuing MCA from SMU and working in BPO sector?
  2. Is MCA through correspondence from Sikkim Manipal University, Valuable? How may I do MCA through correspondence at time of Interview for .NET in IT sector?
  3. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  4. How may I do MCA through correspondence from Sikkim Manipal university? Is it recognized by UGC/DEC/AICTE? What's the future prospective for the same?
  5. How can I get teaching job in Central Government, I have completed BCA, MCA from Sikkim Manipal University through correspondence?
  6. Is it worth to pursue MCA from Sikkim Manipal University? From where to pursue MCA and what are the job prospects in government sector?
  7. Is BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal valuable?
  8. Should I go for Sikkim Manipal or IGNOU?
  9. How to do Ph.D in IT Ihave done MCA from Sikkim Manipal University
  10. How to take admission for MCA in any AICTE approved college? What is the eligibility? Is Sikkim Manipal correspondence course equivalent to graduation?
  11. Should I pursue MCA degree through correspondence from Sikkim Manipal University? I am 37 years old and graduate(B.Sc) working at private chemical company as a QC executive
  12. Which University is a better choice for me to join MCA course between Sikkim Manipal University and Suresh Gyan Vihar University?
  13. Is it possible to get a government job after qualifying NET examination? I have done MCA from Sikkim Manipal university
  14. Is Sikkim Manipal good Choice For BCA & MCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What should I do after BCA(computer application) from Sikkim Manipal university through correspondence?
  16. Is Sikkim Manipal University valuable for me to get a job after graduation? I want to do graduation in technical field of computer
  17. Is BCA Degree valid through distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University for getting a government job? -- [New]
  18. Is BCA Degree valid through distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University for government job?
23rd February 2012, 06:11 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MCA course from Sikkim Manipal University valuable in terms of job prospective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
manipal and sikkim manipal is two diffrent university
please send me the details

Sikkim Manipal University is recognized by the Distance Education Council and is approved by the University Grant Commission.
However, the University is not approved by the All India Council of Technical Education. For technical course including MCA, AICTE approval is mandatory and without its approval the degree or the certificate issued by the Institute will not gain recognition on All India Level.
1st May 2016, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is MCA course from Sikkim Manipal University valuable in terms of job prospective?

I am doing AMIETE course from IETE but its recognition has been challanged and court case ongoin since last year. What if IETE looses the case? Will I get job in MNC?
31st May 2023, 11:11 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

The value of an MCA (Master of Computer Applications) course from Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) in terms of job prospects depends on various factors. Here are some points to consider:

Recognition and Accreditation: SMU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and accredited by national bodies like the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This recognition adds credibility to the degree and can positively impact job prospects.

Curriculum and Course Content: Evaluate the MCA curriculum offered by SMU. Look for a comprehensive and up-to-date course structure that covers essential subjects related to computer applications, programming, software development, database management, networking, and emerging technologies. Ensure that the curriculum aligns with industry requirements and provides a strong foundation in relevant skills.

Faculty and Resources: Assess the qualifications, experience, and expertise of the faculty members at SMU. Adequate faculty support, resources like libraries, computer labs, and access to relevant software and technology are important for a quality education.

Industry Connections and Internship Opportunities: Research the industry connections and collaborations of SMU. Check if they have tie-ups with companies for internships or if they provide opportunities for practical exposure and industry interaction. Internships can provide valuable hands-on experience and enhance job prospects.

Placement Support and Alumni Network: Look into the placement support provided by SMU, including their track record of placing MCA graduates. Consider the availability of a strong alumni network that can provide networking opportunities and job referrals.

Industry Demand and Market Conditions: Assess the current demand for MCA graduates in the job market. Research the job profiles and companies that typically hire MCA graduates. Stay updated with industry trends and technological advancements to align your skills with the evolving job market.

Personal Skills and Additional Certifications: Along with the MCA degree, focus on developing additional skills and certifications that are in demand in the industry. This could include programming languages, database management systems, cloud computing, data analytics, or cybersecurity. Building a strong skill set can enhance your job prospects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?