21st February 2010, 02:31 PM
prasad kour

MH CET domicile criteria and requirements?

i have done my 10th and 12th from gujarat board CBSE but want to appear for MH CET for doing engineering in maharashatra which is my birth place. please tell me how to get the forms and the required conditions to give the exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Students whose parents are not domicile of Maharashtra are not eligible for MHT-CET 2015?
  2. Is domicile compulsory to get admitted through CET?
  3. Information about CET in AP? Can I apply for CET in AP after having a domicile in Maharashtra?
  4. How to obtain the domicile certificate for MBA CET? How long it takes to obtain? From where to get the application form of domicile certificate?
  5. List of top 10 aided and unaided engineering colleges in Mumbai?
  6. One who is not a domicile of Maharashtra can apply for MH-CET 2016?
  7. Eligibility criteria to apply for MHT-CET for MBA/MMS courses?
  8. What is the recent criteria for domicile of Maharasthra? I have passed 10th and 12th from Maharashtra
  9. Is it compulsory to get Domicile certificate even after passing MH-CET?
  10. Eligibility for KCET 2016 as an OCI card holder?
  11. Eligibility criteria to give MHT CET for students whose parents have Maharashtra Domicile but born and studied in Gujarat?
  12. How can I apply for Andra Pradesh CET and what are its eligibility criteria?
  13. Can I get domicile certificate to appear for MHT CET? I have passing my 10th and 12th standard from outside Maharashtra
  14. Do I need to change my domicile from MP to CG? What is the criteria for the same?
  15. How a candidate who is not a domicile of Maharashtra can appear in MH-CET 2016? -- [New]
  16. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  17. Requirements for domicile of Maharashtra?
  18. Will I be eligible to appear in the Maharashtra CET(Engineering)? I have a domicile of Maharashtra
23rd February 2010, 05:58 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: MH CET domicile criteria and requirements?

MHT-CET-2010 Will be held on Thursday 6th May 2010
Application Forms will be coming out Shortly.
forms are avaibale on www.dmer.org
this website...
details information contact
Mumbai-400001, Ph: 022-22626853, 22626854, Fax: 022-2269007,
good luck..
23rd February 2010, 03:41 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend,
as your birth place is in maharastra,
so you are domicile of maharastra,
so you are eligible for MH CET exam.
and you can apply.
o k
good luck
28th February 2010, 04:12 PM
quddus

You are eligible for it,but i dont think as a domicile because been domicile from any state requires atlest 10 years of education or resideing in that state,or you parents must decide there for atleast 10 years.
20th April 2010, 01:00 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
it doesn't matter from where you have done your 11 and 12 th studies........if you have the domicile for the Maharashtra state then you are eligible for the exams ..

you can get the form from any college in maharashtra.......

get the information regarding it from the above posts......

best of luck
20th April 2010, 01:32 AM
tonythomas42

i m not born in mahrashtra....
can i give mht cet......
plz help me out....
20th April 2010, 10:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

If you are born in maharastra and you have a domecile
of maharastra, then you are eligible for MH CET exams.
you will get the form from the official website of this
exams- www.dmer.org. and the candidate will get
only 3 attempt in this exams.................

ok
all the best.
21st April 2010, 05:39 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: MH CET domicile criteria and requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad kour View Post
i have done my 10th and 12th from gujarat board CBSE but want to appear for MH CET for doing engineering in maharashatra which is my birth place. please tell me how to get the forms and the required conditions to give the exam.
Dear friend
As you born in MHT, Your parents must be employed there. So you can get the domicile certificate as required provided that your parents have the residential proofs. The following is the details of the eligibility of the students who haven't done their 10th,12th from MHT.

4.6 Exception for SSC (10th Std. or equivalent examination):- Candidate who has passed SSC or equivalent examination from an institute situated outside Maharashtra State and HSC or equivalent examination from within Maharashtra State is eligible for seeking admission to the courses in Health Science provided that he/she is DOMICILE of Maharashtra.

4.7 Exception for SSC (10th) and HSC (12th) or equivalent examinations: Children of employees of the Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking :- Children of employees of the Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking posted on deputation or transfer to a place outside the State of Maharashtra, or transferred from outside to a place situated within
the State of Maharashtra:-

1. The children of such employees of Government of Maharashtra or its undertaking who have joined service since beginning at a place situated outside the State of Maharashtra but who have been transferred to a place situated within the State of Maharashtra shall be eligible for admission even though such children might have passed the S.S.C.(Std. X) and/or H.S.C. (Std.XII) or equivalent exam from the recognized Institutions situated outside the State of Maharashtra, provided that such an employee of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking must have been posted/ transferred/ deputed at a place of work located in the State of Maharashtra and also must have reported-for-duty i.e. joined the duty before the last date of submission of Preference Form.

2. The candidates belonging to the aforesaid category at (1) shall be required to produce the requisite Certificate from the Office at which such an employee of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking has reported for duty as a proof that such employee has joined the office and/or reported for duty before the cut off date for eligibility i.e. the last date of submission of Preference Form. The certificate should contain full name of the employee, designation, transfer/posting order number and date, date of joining and present status of posting. A copy of transfer/posting order should also be produced at the time of filling the preference form.

3. The children of such employees of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking who have been transferred or deputed to a place situated outside the State of Maharashtra or who have returned to the State of Maharashtra after initial transfer/deputation shall be eligible for admission even though such children might have passed the S.S.C. (Std. X) and/or H.S.C. (Std. XII) or equivalent examinations from the recognized Institutions situated outside the
State of Maharashtra.

4. The candidates belonging to the aforesaid category at (3) above shall be required to produce the requisite Certificate from the Office at which such an employee of Government of Maharashtra or its Undertaking has reported for duty. The certificate should contain full name of the employee, designation, transfer order number and date, date of joining and present status of posting. A copy of transfer order should also be produced at the time of filling the preference form.

4.8 Exception for SSC (10th) and HSC (12th) or equivalent examinations: Children of employees
of Government of India or its Undertaking:-

1. The children of the employees of Government of India or its Undertaking shall be eligible for admission even though they might have passed the S.S.C. (Std.X) and/or H.S.C. (Std. XII) or equivalent exam from the recognized Institutions situated outside the State of Maharashtra, provided that such an employee of Government of India or its Undertaking must have been transferred/posted at a place of work, located in the State of Maharashtra and also must have reported for duty i.e. joined the duty before the last date of submission of Preference Form.

2. The candidates belonging to the aforesaid category (1) shall be required to produce the requisite Certificate from the Office at which such an employee of Government of India or its Undertaking has reported for duty as a proof of the fact that such employee has joined the office and/or reported for duty before the cut off date for eligibility i.e., the last date of submission of Preference Form. The certificate should contain full name of the employee, designation, transfer/posting order number and date, date of joining and present status of posting. A copy of transfer/posting order should also be produced at the time of filling the preference form.

Good Luck
Thank You
26th April 2010, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i am from punjab.i want addmission in mht.so what is requirement for me
26th April 2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

what is the requirment for domicile certificate in punjab court
27th April 2010, 12:29 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
I have already posted the information regarding domicile in the last post.
If, still some confusing corner remains then please go through the info brochure of MHT-CET that i have attached with this message.
Please see the attachments.
Thank You
Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engineering_CET _Brochure_2010_11_FinalForPrint.pdf(1.04 MB, 495 views)
6th May 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

A student born in Mumbai - and studied in Mumbai since birth. - Is is necessary to make domicile certificate of parents also for engg MH cet
7th May 2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

well please help me i am born in maharasthra my parents are staying in maharasthra for past 25 yrs and i have completed my 10th and 12 th from maharasthra ....am i elligible for admission in the engineering colleges of maharathra....
problem is that my parents are not born in maharasthra ... but they can provide ration card ...driving license etc as a proof (but no birth certificate of my parents)
i have my birth certificate of maharasthra...pls suggest and kindly reply urgently in this regard
10th May 2010, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

My son born and passed ssc from Maharastra.presently studying at 12 th std . I stay in Mumbai since last 20 years. But I donot have proof of Birth / Date of birth. Except passport. Whether I am entitle for Domicile . S.K.Jha , worli, Mumbai -18
12th May 2010, 12:40 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey friend for appearing for the MH CET exam you must have the domicile of the Maharashtra.........if you are having it then you can get the form from any of the college which come under mumbai university..........but if you dont have the domicile of Maharashtra than you are not eligible for the exam..........

best of luck
19th May 2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

which purpose I write in the domicile? because there is confusion between education purpose & by birth purpose. some people told me
that education purpose is not aloud if you have admission through CET. please give me information aboute this as soon as possible. my
email id is ([email protected]).
24th May 2010, 04:57 AM
Unregistered

I have just finished my graduation in homeopathy. I wish to change my field. Can I retake the MHCET in 2011 (second attempt) if I cleared my HSC (PCMB all more than 70%) in 2005?
29th May 2010, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for a Domicile Certificate in Sept, 2008 with kalayan Tahasildar with proof of residence, LIC polieis, Company appoint letter, letter from teh Housing Society, Ration Card copies proving that i am living in Maharashtra for more than 20 years. My Birth place in Kerala and hence, tehy refused me Domicile Certificate.

Recently, my wife gae the application for Domicile Certificate through the local Siva Sena office and paid all the fees for the same. But upon checking with the Tahasildar office we were informed that our application is not available with them.

My son was Born in Kerala and studied from Min Kg to right now in his 6th Semester Engineering Examination, would not appear for MBA Entrance because i don't have a Domicile Certificate is rediculus.

My daughter who is born in 1993 in Maharashtra too can't get a Domicile Certificate becasue, myself of my wife don't ahve a Domicile Certificate.

I feel that India is going backward to 50 years because of the currupt politicians who owns majority of the Professional colleges where many of the college level seats are lying vaccant and they wanted peple like us to pay heavy donations and admit our kids there for further studies.

Is it fair on the part of the Goverment of Maharashtra ? Is it fair on the part of the Tahasildar to refuse me a Domicile Certificate ? Where i can make a complaint on this ?

Kindly advice.

With best regards,

Heavan
29th May 2010, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for my Domicile Certificate with the Tahasildar, Kalyan on Sept, 2008, but did't got my Domicile Certificate. I have submitted my flat Agreement copy which i brought in the year 1993, Ration Card copies with details from 1986, Electricity, Telephone, LIC policy copy etc.

Recently we have submitted the a fresh appliction in my wife's name at the Domicile Certificate Mela. However, when we visited Tahasildar office, they informed that there is no such application with them.

Under the circumstances, kindly advice whom we can approach to adress our grivences.

With kind regards,
30th May 2010, 08:58 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad kour View Post
dear you are eligible for the exam
you can give the exam withoit any problem
the problem will come while applying for the colleges ie during admission
you can look for the domicile thing in the brouchyre of the cet application form
it is ggiven in very much detail which cannot be explained here.
31st May 2010, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Iam a central Government official who is subject to transfer all over india in every 3-4 years. I came to muimbai in 2007 and my ward has completed his 11th 12th in Kendiriya Vidyalaya at Mumbai (Powai). This year he has written mh cet . please explain whether my ward is coming under the maharastra category due his studies at mumbai for 11th 12th or and 12th or whether he is a out side maharashtra candidate?. If my ward could consider for maharastra category what I should do for that.
3rd June 2010, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

Hi, my husband and me are maharashtrians and domicile of maharashtra. My son is born in maharashtra. But for last 14 years we have been staying abroad. Now after completing 10th std from CBSE outside India, my son wants to return back to India and appear for CET after 12 std. What will be the criteria for him to appear for MH-CET or any other Engg. exams ? Can he appear as a normal student or an NRI ?
8th June 2010, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

I have domicile and nationality certificate for year 2009,
do i need to again make same document for year 2010.
Please help me....Mail at.....
[email protected]
12th June 2010, 02:17 PM
rishi540

hey...my birth place is in thane(maharashtra) i have completed my 10th and 12th from ISC board in thane itself and my parents have their domecile,do i need to make one for myself for admission through MHTCET????
18th June 2010, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

my daugher was born in Ankleshwar in year 1992,Gujrath.She has completed her 10th & 12th standard in Maharashtra.I was born and brought in Maharashtra.Being employed in central govt. U/T ,I was transferred from Gujrath to Assam from 1997 to 2000.After that I was transfered to Maharashtra in the year 2000 from Assam.As on date Stay of my daughter in Maharshtra is Since 2000. Is domicile is required for admisstion in engineering under MH CET.Kindly advise. [email protected].
20th June 2010, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

my son was born in gwalior ,mp in1993 .we have been residing in mumbai since 2000 . he has done his class 1 till 10 from mumbai thru icse board. now he is persuing his 12 from gwalior in cbse board my concern is whether he is eligible for MH CET and also what will be his status in AIEEE allotment. we are still residing in mumbai with the name un the voters list and ration card. kindly inform. my id is [email protected]
6th July 2010, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my 10th nd 12th from maharashtra
bt i belong to chattisgarh state
then
whether i will able to get domicile certificate of maharashtra or not???
30th July 2010, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, my husband and me are maharashtrians and domicile of maharashtra. My son is born in maharashtra. But for last 14 years we have been staying abroad. Now after completing 10th std from CBSE outside India, my son wants to return back to India and appear for CET after 12 std. What will be the criteria for him to appear for MH-CET or any other Engg. exams ? Can he appear as a normal student or an NRI ?
I also have a similar query. My daughter is born in Maharashtra, my husband and myself were a domicile of Maharashtra but now for past 4 years have been living abroad. We have our permanent residence in Maharashtra for past 10 years. My daughter has done her 10th and 12th abroad from CBSE. Is she eligible to appear for Mht CET?
15th August 2010, 08:25 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I also have a similar query. My daughter is born in Maharashtra, my husband and myself were a domicile of Maharashtra but now for past 4 years have been living abroad. We have our permanent residence in Maharashtra for past 10 years. My daughter has done her 10th and 12th abroad from CBSE. Is she eligible to appear for Mht CET?
Yes you daughter is eligible for it as you have the maharashtra state domicile.
If she doesn't get a seat from maharashtra state domicile then she can apply thruogh NRI quota as well.
Thank You
14th September 2010, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

my husband working in cg state gov,I want to take domicile of cg. i am from Bihar. I have no marriage certificate.then how i obtain cg domicile?
14th September 2010, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

i hav passd 11n12 frm mah board n m livin in mah. since 8-9 years how can i make my domicile?
30th October 2010, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

hi..
I am from Maharashtra itself. I have stayed here for 6 yrs. and completed my 10th here and appearing for ma 12th also here oly. but my birth place is karnataka. so, can i hold a maharastra domicile?
10th November 2010, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I have a domicile of Maharastra,but my son doesn't as he has completed his 10th and 12th from outside maharashtra.can he apply for MH CET?
2nd December 2010, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

required % for appearing mht-cet.
12th December 2010, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

i was born in karnataka but studied in maharashtra for 7 years...well only till the 5th grade....but my dad worked in pue for 14 years n my mother for 10...am i still eligible for the domicile category for mh cet?
12th January 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i was not born in maharashtra.. nor did i do by schooling there.. but both by parents were born and have done their schooling in maharashtra.. am i applicable for the mhcet domicile criteria??
13th January 2011, 01:19 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: MH CET domicile criteria and requirements?

dear friend
Yes you daughter is eligible for it as you have the maharashtra state domicile.
If she doesn't get a seat from maharashtra state domicile then she can apply thruogh NRI quota as well. thank you
13th January 2011, 12:31 PM
ami_07

I am from MP (appearing for XII-state board),can I appear for MH CET-while its not my birth place also.As my father is in MP govt. so could i get any benefit from it
13th January 2011, 04:54 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
A student born in Mumbai - and studied in Mumbai since birth. - Is is necessary to make domicile certificate of parents also for engg MH cet
Hi,

No need of parent's domicile certificate of parents. Only you need to have the domicile for the MHT-CET.
13th January 2011, 05:01 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
i was not born in maharashtra.. nor did i do by schooling there.. but both by parents were born and have done their schooling in maharashtra.. am i applicable for the mhcet domicile criteria??
Hi,

you are not eligible for the domicile of maharashtra as you have not cleared the 12th examination from Maharashtra. So you can get admission only on the basis of AIEEE.
14th January 2011, 12:55 AM
Aishwary

yes friend you are eligible for MH-CET because you have domicile of this state.
you can sit in this. GOOD LUCK
18th January 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I was born in Maharashtra. Passed my X, XII(Commerce) from Gujarat Board. Passed B.Com(Hons) from Jodhpur University (Rajasthan). My mother is having domicile certificate of Maharashtra by virtue of having born ,studied since class I to graduation, and having property in her name. all in Maharashtra . Kindly guide me Can I appear for MH -CET for MBA selections in Maharashtra. I have my birth certificate of Maharashtra and Maharashtra domicile certificate of my Mother. Will it be sufficient ?
19th January 2011, 03:19 PM
daxter

Hello,
If you are born in Maharashtra then you are a domicile

so you do not need to worry you are eligible for MH CET

Just go to their site www.dmer.org and get other details.

Best of Luck
19th March 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

i have given my 10th and 12th standard exams from maharashtra state, but i do not have a domicile certificate.....am i eligible for giving the MHT-CET exam from maharashtra......??
NM..
29th March 2011, 05:37 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
it doesn't matter from where you have done your 11 and 12 th studies........if you have the domicile for the Maharashtra state then you are eligible for the exams ..
you can get the form from any college in maharashtra.......
get the information regarding it from the above posts......
Thanks
8th May 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the timings for MHT-CET EXAM,2011??
8th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in MHT for 5yrs from 5th to 10thboard.Am I eligible for domicile of MHT.
22nd May 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

i am not born in maharashtra but studied in mharashtra from playgroup to 11th and stayed here for 13years so can i get domicile certificate ?
23rd May 2011, 08:58 PM
npngpt

Quote:
well please help me i am born in maharasthra my parents are staying in maharasthra for past 25 yrs and i have completed my 10th and 12 th from maharasthra ....am i elligible for admission in the engineering colleges of maharathra....
problem is that my parents are not born in maharasthra ... but they can provide ration card ...driving license etc as a proof (but no birth certificate of my parents)
i have my birth certificate of maharasthra...pls suggest and kindly reply urgently in this regard
My friend as you have said you are born in Maharashtra that means you can have a domicile of Maharashtra and also makes you eligible for getting admission in an engineering college in maharashtra.
23rd May 2011, 09:04 PM
npngpt

My friend ,as you are born in maharashtra thus you get a domicile of maharashtra from your lawyer and thats makes you eligible for MH CET exams in maharashtra .As far as the forms are concerned you can get them from www.dmer.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?