30th August 2010, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Mtech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT - GATE rank required for ECE

will u plz help me to know what GATE (EC) rank i should have 2 get chance in m-tech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT?also,can i go abroad for Ph.d after that m-tech?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.Tech from IIT after passing ECE 3rd year?
  2. How much rank is required in GATE to study in IIT?
  3. what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Number of Mtech in ECE seats in all IIT? percentile required in GATE to get admission?
  5. How much rank required in GATE for M.Tech in IIT?
  6. Which stream is better among ECE(Dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur and Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur? -- [New]
  7. Required Rank to get in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering in IIT?
  8. Which colleges provide good placements after M.Tech? What are other options after BE (ECE)?
  9. How much rank is required in IIT JEE to get a seat in IIT Kharagpur for Aerospace Engineering?
  10. Required Rank in IIT-JEE to get admission for Aerospace Engineering in IIT Kharagpur?
  11. What GATE score is expected to get admission in IIT Kharagpur for M.Tech in Food technology?
  12. Streams available to study in M.Tech at IIT for B.Tech(ECE) 4th year student? Number of seats available in all campuses of IIT? Last year cutoff rank in GATE to get admission for OC candidate?
  13. Can I get M.Tech admission in IIT Madras or IIT Hyderabad after scoring 2471 rank in EEE GATE?
  14. GATE Qualifying Rank for MTECH IIT and Scholarships?
  15. Career prospects after completion of Graduation in Civil Engineering? Best specialization to do PG between Geo technical Engineering and Structural Engineering?
  16. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  17. How many exams are available to join in M.Tech?
  18. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
30th August 2010, 02:43 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Default Re: Mtech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT - GATE rank required for ECE

dear friend,

for doing M.tech. in lighting science (EC1) in IIT kharagpur you have to score more than 97% percentile in the GATE exam.

as IIT kharagpur is the top institute of India.so do hard labour to achieve your goal.

yes, you can do phd after m.tech. from abroad.you can go abroad on the foreign scholarships also.there are lot of scholarship programs for foreign universities.

all the best.
30th August 2010, 03:29 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Mtech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT - GATE rank required for ECE

dear friend
according to my knowledge if u scored above 90% then u get chance in iit kharagpur in lighting science.
i think to take admission in kharagpur iit in any stream u have to scored above 90%.other wise u can not get chance.for more information u can visit www.kjiit.com
or u may follow kharagpur iit related magazine to collect information.
good luck.
30th August 2010, 11:22 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Mtech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT - GATE rank required for ECE

dear friends,

if you wanty to do p.hd from the aboard then there is no any problem,

you can do the p.hd after the m.tech but for that you have to give the

entrance exam of the NET, and then you can go for the aboard.
30th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
to get admission into M.Tech in IIT Kharagpur in Lightning science you need to get an all India rank of between 1 to 300.it may vary in some cases.so you really have to work hard to get into IIT.
Wish You All The Best!!!!
31st August 2010, 01:38 PM
Raj333

dear friend
for Mtech in lighting science from IIT kharagpur required at least 97 to 98 percentile ...........................
IIT kharagpur is best engineering college in india having rank under 5 in the top most engineering college in india. so you will labour hard for getting good rank in gate.................
yes you have achance to get your phd degree after mtech from abroad

best of luck.........................
31st August 2010, 05:49 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
will u plz help me to know what GATE (EC) rank i should have 2 get chance in m-tech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT?also,can i go abroad for Ph.d after that m-tech?
in lighting science (EC1) in IIT kharagpur you have to score more than 97% percentile in the GATE exam.

as IIT kharagpur is the top institute of India
bets of luck dear.
1st September 2010, 12:15 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

to get chance Mtech in lighting science (EC1) in kharagpur IIT - GATE rank required for ECE is very good.

you have get a rank within 500.

all the best............
13th September 2010, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

i am a bsc physics hons. but an msc in biomedical instrumentation...i want 2 change my track of study.i am going to appear in GATE in EC and want 2 get chance in lighting science(EC1) in kharagpur iit.i have a satisfactorily good prep...but my question is about the interview part where 30% marks r allotted...as m nt a pure electronics btech background,also though my 10th,12th standard marks r very good and now msc marks r also high but it was too poor in my bsc ...would it be very difficult for me 2 succeed in that interview part?if i get ,say a 97 percentile marks....is it possible 2 cut out from the list just because of nt giving the interview as well??plz help.....m very much tensed...
21st September 2010, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

sir,

I am a physics hons. bsc and now in final yr of msc biomedical instrumentation from calcutta university,undertaken by the dept. "applied optics and photonics".

During my msc course i found lots of application of LASER and other optical theory and instruments in medicl field.Also i always had a great interest in optics but somehow due to some wrong proceedure,i missed the chance in b-tech in applied optics and now i this course.

I am interested in mtech in lghting science in kharagpur iit (EC1) and ofcourse with a suitable GATE score in ECE..........my question is...am i eligible??as am nt from direct pure physics msc/electroncs btech or something like that.............

Also am i eligible anywhere else like m-tech in calcutta university in optoelectronics or anywhere???
Pleassssssssssssssse help..........as i am really eager to continue my sudy in this field............
Thanking you,
Subhasri Chatterjee
24th October 2010, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to persue phd by getting rank in gate
17th January 2011, 09:42 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Since IIT kgp is at fourth rank.... so ranking is high for it... u have to be around 500.
8th February 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

can i get to iit kharagpur mtech programme from gate2011 with a rank of 600
16th March 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i'm vivek... i passed gate with 96.09%.. with a gate score of 491.. where should i apply... i'm interested in control system and embeded system.... help me sir i'm totally confused!!! do i have any chance in iit?
25th March 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

i got 1750 with 616 score rank in gate 2011.. ece
which college can i get.......
and what colleges can i apply?
21st July 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

i have heard that a cgpa of 8.5 is required in btech along with a high gate score to get admission in top 4 iits-is that true?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?