22nd June 2016, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is better among ECE(Dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur and Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur?

Hello,
I have appeared in JEE Main and Advanced exam. I got good score but confuse to opt a good stream. Which stream is better among ECE(Dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur and Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur?

23rd June 2016, 05:24 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which stream is better among ECE(Dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur and Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have appeared in JEE Main and Advanced exam. I got good score but confuse to opt a good stream. Which stream is better among ECE(Dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur and Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur?

The aspirant can choose the course in which he has more interest. If you are interested in Mechanical Engineering, then choose the subject or else choose the ECE (Dual Degree). The IIT is one of the best institutions in India. So don’t worry about the quality of education provided to you or about the job opportunities in IITs. My personal opinion is ECE, but the Mechanical is also equally good course only. Both the courses are completely different in nature and you cannot compare these courses.
24th June 2016, 06:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is better among ECE(Dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur and Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur?

Look both the streams are good to opt as a career from IIT Kharagpur as both the streams are valuable in their fields. It is up to you in which stream you are interested to opt from IIT. But according to my opinion Mechanical Engineering will be better as it is a Core branch in Engineering as respect to ECE.
25th June 2016, 01:52 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Both the streams are good and you can opt for either of the stream you wish to, there is no problem in it.

You should opt for the stream you are interested in and should pursue with the stream with full fledge. As getting admission in IIT is in itself a very big thing, you need not worry much about the stream. Either of the stream has got a good career scope.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?