12th October 2015, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Is my qualification enough to do MCA?

I am Passed Bsc Chemistry in 1995 (66%),then Computer Course ADCSSA & A in Government Polytechnic in 1996 (Part Time), I can interested for MCA Course is it My Qualification eligible for MCA, What will I do?

12th October 2015, 05:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my qualification enough to do MCA?

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for MCA course as per your qualification.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. It is a professional post graduate course of three year duration course in Computer Application. To get admission into the MCA course, one has to write an entrance exam .

The eligibility criteria to get admission for MCA course are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed graduation in BBA / BCA / B.Tech / B.Sc. from a recognized university.

-The candidate must have passed graduation with more than 60 percent marks to join the MCA course.

-The candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2.

-There is no age bar to apply for this course.
12th October 2015, 05:26 PM
JSD.

MCA is a master degree course. Only this master degree course is if duration of three years. This course deals with computers and its application related to the software link.

The basic eligibility criteria for doing this course is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Also the appearing aspirant must have mathematics subject during their +1 and +2.

As you are telling that you have completed BSc chemistry so if you have mathematics subject during your 11th and 12th then definitely you can do the MCQ course.
12th October 2015, 05:30 PM
H Rimmy

Qualification Required for MCA:-A Candidate should have graduate in BBA/BCA with minimum 55% marks to get admission in MCA.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application is a two years Post Graduate Degree course.

Yes definitely you can apply for MCA if you have specialization in computer subject.Some colleges conduct entrance exam for the admission of MCA.
12th October 2015, 05:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

MCA Eligibility

- Any graduate who passed or appearing for the final year of graduation examination in any discipline (Science, Engineering, Commerce) is eligible to apply.

- Candidate must have studied Mathematics in their 10+2 or any one year of graduation.

- BCA students can also easily apply for MCA course.
12th October 2015, 11:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for the Master of Computer Application. Your qualification is good enough to pursue master's degree in computer application. One of the most important criteria for pursuing MCA course is that you must have studied Mathematics in 10+2.

There is no age limit regarding this course.

You should have good marks in bachelor's degree to pursue MCA. You can apply for entrance exams like IIT JAM or NIMCET for MCA from top institutes of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?