12th August 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Minimum marks required to do MCA course? What is the qualification to do MCA

how we get minimum marks to do mca course..... and what should be need qualification for do mca

13th August 2012, 08:01 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum marks required to do MCA course? What is the qualification to do MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how we get minimum marks to do mca course..... and what should be need qualification for do mca
Hey friend,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application

Minimum marks required to do MCA course?

It is that there is no such specific marks which you need to have got in order for applying for the MCA Course as it might differ from colleges as it is a PG course and this course is of a duration of 3 years with comprising of 6 semesters.

What is the qualification to do MCA

The basic qualification needed for the MCA course is that:

> There is no age limit for the course.

> Regarding the education qualification for the course it is that you need to have completed a UG degree of 3 years duration with a fair percentage.

If you satisfy them then you are eligible for the course.

Apart from this you need to write the entrance exam for joining in MCA Course and there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied for applying for the exam

ALL THE BEST
13th August 2012, 08:18 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum marks required to do MCA course? What is the qualification to do MCA

Hi friend..............

MCA Stands for Master of Computer Applications

There is a no percentage required for MCA Course

The Basic Eligibility Criteria For MCA

Educational Qualification

** You must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from a recognized university

** No Age limit for this examination............

MCA Course duration is 3 years with 6 semesters
13th August 2012, 09:04 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

MCA Exam Details:

MCA stands for Masters in Computer Application. It is a professional course which has been designed in such a way so that it can meet with the growing demands of IT sectors and software sectors. Apart from these industries this course is much in demand in other industries as well. If you are able to finish this course properly then you can look for jobs both in the government and private sectors.

Top rated and widely recognized organizations in the IT industry every year recruits lacks of freshers by paying good salary packages and other basic amenities. At the beginning you may have to work as a trainee but with time when you will be able to keep the momentum going then you may get promoted to the post of system analyst or even as project leaders. It is all about staying hungry for more and giving your best shot all the time.

To pursue this course first of all you need to complete your graduation. If you can secure minimum 60 percent of marks at graduation level then you will be considered eligible to sit for the top MCA entrance exams which students normally targets to get in to the top universities.

MCA is a post graduation course and its duration is three years. It comprises of six semesters. For this course you also need to have mathematics as one of your subject at 10+2 level. Final year students are also considered eligible. If you are planning to appear for the exam or awaiting the result of the final exam then count yourself in.

There is no age criteria as such which means you can give this examination whenever you want to.

No national level entrance exams are taken for this course which means you need to shortlist your own colleges and find out in details about their admission criteria. As stated earlier for getting into the top level colleges you have to sit for an entrance examination and this is followed by group discussion and a personal interview session. Final result will be out by combining your graduation marks and entrance examination marks.

Top MCA Entrance Exams:

BIT MCA: This exam is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra and for this you need to have a BCA degree or B.Sc in computer science. The minimum marks to secure at graduation level is 60 percent.

Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test: This exam as is understandable from the name of the entrance exam is conducted by the IP University and for giving this exam you have to maintain a minimum of 60 percent of marks all throughout your academic career. Apart from this you should have a BCA Degree or a B.Sc degree in computer science.

JNU MCA: For giving this exam which is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University you need to possess a bachelor's degree with not less than 55 percent of marks. It is one of the most reputed university in India, so cracking this exam wont be easy.

NITMCA Common Entrance Test: This exam is of vital importance and one of the most sought after as it is conducted by the NIT's. On getting selected you will get to pursue this course from the top NIT's situated in Trichy, Jamshedpur etc. For this exam you need to secure minimum 60 percent of marks at 10+2 level and graduation level and it is expected that you will have mathematics both in class 12 and at graduation level.

West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA: JECA is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and for this examination you need to pass graduation with mathematics or statistics with a good marks. There will be percentage relaxation for the reserved category.

The exam pattern generally varies from one university to the other. But one thing is common among all and that is mathematics and aptitude section. In some other examination you may have to attend a few other sections like english language, logical reasoning or computer awareness and so on.

A certain amount of marks is also alloted for the personal interview session. So the final selection is done on the basis of the marks obtained in the written examination, interview session and also the marks secured at graduation level is also taken into consideration.

Top MCA Entrance Exam Reference Books:

MCA Master of Computer Applications Entrance Exam
by R.Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-delhi

MCA Entrance Of All India Universities
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

BIT Entrance Exam Guide
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Comdex Mca All-In-One Study Kit For Mca/M.Sc(Com.Sc/It) Entrance Exam
by Dr. R. Chopra, Jaiswal
Publisher: Dreamtech

MCA Entrance Exam
by Subramaniam J
Publisher: Sura Books Pvt Ltd.
13th August 2012, 11:15 PM
rch91

Quote:
Minimum marks required to join MCA course is: The student should have scored atleast 60% marks in graduation from recognized university.The student need to write an entrance exam to take admission in MCA course.In some colleges it is must that you have mathematics as your subject in 12th std to take admission in MCA if you have done other than BBA,BCA in your gradution.
14th August 2012, 11:06 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
See MCA or Master of Computer Applications is a general course and in general courses you do not have a broad demarcation of marks. The marks criteria here entirely depends on the institute you join. Some want 60% or more in the graduation aggregate from the candidates, while some even allow 50-55% or more, while some like Jadavpur University even allow 45% or more also, if that candidate has a JECA rank within 100-150.
Now to be eligible for MCA you can be from B.Sc. honors or B.Tech or BCA and most importantly you must have mathematics as one of the subjects in your graduation. Mathematics can be your pass subject also.
You will also be required to clear the admission test of the institute that you apply for and also clear the corresponding interview after it to be eligible for MCA.
25th August 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

My qualification in 10 2 is 40%.
My qualification in 10th is 59%.
I have passed my BCA from SMU with 62%.
I want to do MCA
15th March 2013, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

HI. I HAD COMPLETE GRADUATIOM WITH B.COM. MAY I APPLY FOR MCA
16th March 2013, 01:53 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Minimum marks required to do MCA course? What is the qualification to do MCA

The Basic eligibility criteria to do MCA is As Follows..

1 - You should have a graduation Degree in any Stream from a Recognised University or College.

2. There is no age limit to apply for this course.

3. Its duration is 3yrs and consists of 6 Semesters.

All The Best
1st April 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage marks we need to get in bca for taking admission in mca in one of the best colleges in delhi??
25th May 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir or madam,
I have done graduation (BA) we have only passing marks, so can do MCA course.
25th May 2013, 06:34 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Eligibility for MCA :
1. For mca you must either complete bba, bca, b.tech and also science or computer graduation courses
2. There is no age limit for mca
3. You must have studied science subjects in 10+2
4. You must appear for a common entrance exam for mca
5. You must have minimum 60% marks in graduation for mca

Top Institutions that offer MCA courses in India:
1. Banaras Hindu University
2. Bharathiar University - Coimbatore
3. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
4. Delhi University
5. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
6. Jawaharlal Nehru University
7. MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
8. Vellore Institute Of Technology
9. Punjab University
10. Madurai Kamaraj University

The following specializations you can take up in final year of mca
1. Application Software
2. Development
3. Engineering
4. Hardware Technology
5. Internet
6. Software Development Networking
7. System Management
8. Trouble Shooting

all the best
23rd June 2013, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum eligibility for reserved category students for studying mca?
6th July 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

i am a bca holder with 45 % from mgu kottayam i didnt appear for entrence can i applay for mca in kadar moideen college adirampattanam
7th July 2013, 12:52 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
If you want to do Computer Application course,then the best option is MCA(Master of Computer Application) course.MCA Course is a Post Graduate degree course.Total duration of this course is 3 years.

Through this course you will able to get specialization in various Software related technologies.These are :-

• Application Software.
  • System Software.
  • Hardware Technology.
  • Networking Technology.
  • System Management.
  • Trouble Shooting.
  • System Engineering.
  • Web Technology.
Eligibility details

Educational qualification :
  • If you have a BCA/B.SC(IT) degree then you will eligible to take admission in this course.
  • Those candidates who have a bachelor degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics in bachelor degree course will also eligible to take admission in this course.
  • You should also have Mathematics paper in Intermediate level.
Marks required :
  • Your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course should be 60%.
  • If you belong from the SC/ST category then your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course should be 50%.
Entrance Exam Syllabus :

In any MCA Entrance exam questions are asked from the given topics.Exam duration may vary as per different entrance test.Maximum time duration for MCA Entrance test is 3 hours.Maximum marks allowed for MCA Entrance test will be 300.

• Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
  • Numerical Aptitude.
  • Mathematics of 10+2 & Graduation Level.
  • Computer Related Mathematics.
  • Boolean Algebra.
  • General Awareness.
  • English Grammar and Comprehension.
Top Colleges/Institutes for MCA Courses in India

Banaras Hindu University
Birla Institute of Technology and Science,Pilani
Birla Institute of Technology,Mesra
Delhi University
Jawahar Lal Nehru University
Indian Institute of Technology
National Institute of Technology
Vellore Institute of Technology
Punjab Technical University
Sikkim Manipal University
13th September 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation ( B.Com.)with 52% .can I eligible for MCA in Mumbai University?
19th March 2016, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

I am studying B.com Accountancy honours in 3rd year under calcutta university. I had a subject combination of Business Economics & Business Mathematics which full marks was 100 in 10 2 level.So am I eligble to do M.C.A course?
10th October 2017, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Please give me right suggestion for doing m.ca course because i my graduation is completed with PCM 48.5% and maths is my subject in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?