22nd August 2016, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Native of Karnataka who is living in Andhra Pradesh can attempt KCET 2017?

Well actually my native place is Karnataka. But i am studying in Andhra Pradesh. I want to write Kcet 2017. Am i eligible to kcet 2017? My parents are illiterate.

22nd August 2016, 10:58 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Native of Karnataka who is living in Andhra Pradesh can attempt KCET 2017?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually my native place is Karnataka. But i am studying in Andhra Pradesh. I want to write Kcet 2017. Am i eligible to kcet 2017? My parents are illiterate.
It is essential for any candidate who wants to sit for KCET examination they need to pass 10+2 in a recognized educational institution located in the state of Karnataka for a minimum of seven academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC/12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held and must have appeared and passed either 10th standard or 12th standard examination from Karnataka State.

So if you have completed your secondary as well as higher secondary examination from Karnataka state Board then yes you can appear for KCET examination.

You can also read the attachment that I have uploaded for you to clear your doubt for this question.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eligibility_clause_2016.pdf(199.0 KB, 48 views)
22nd August 2016, 07:21 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Native of Karnataka who is living in Andhra Pradesh can attempt KCET 2017?

KCET stands for Karnataka Common Eligibility Test.
Eligibility criteria to appear in KCET 2017 -
-Candidate must have passed or appear in 12th board examination subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
-Candidate must have studied and passed in one or more institute of the state for minimum period of 7 years and must have passed 10th or 12th board examination from any institute of state.

Since, you are native of Karnataka but studied outside of the state, you can appear in KCET but you have to go through common language test and if you pass that test then you will be eligible to take admission on the basis of KCET score.
27th December 2020, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in Goa. But my mother is from karnataka and she is working in karnataka. Am I eligible for kcet 2021.
17th September 2022, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Parents from karnataka and studied in karanataka, my daughter now 12th standard ,she studied in Andhra , can she eligibal to write kcet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?