7th April 2017, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I write KCET, if studied in Karnataka but belong to Andhra Pradesh?

I am a native of Andhra Pradesh state. I studied 7th standard to 12th standard (six years) in Karnataka state. Can I write KCET? Please clarify me.

7th April 2017, 08:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write KCET, if studied in Karnataka but belong to Andhra Pradesh?

Yes, you can apply for KCET as an outside state category candidate. You won't get any kind of reservation benefit and will be eligible for limited number of seats which are kept for outside state candidates.

Therefore, you can definitely apply for it and will get seat on the basis of rank. Preference will be given to state candidates for admission.
8th April 2017, 11:46 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I write KCET, if studied in Karnataka but belong to Andhra Pradesh?

The Karnataka Examination Authority conducts KCET examination to offer admission in professional as well as undergraduate level courses. The candidates from another state are not eligible to write the KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test). As per the eligibility criteria the candidate should have studied in one or more government recognized institution in Kerala for a minimum of 7 academic years. You studied in Karnataka for 6 years and also not a citizen of Kerala, so you are not eligible to write the KCET examination.
8th April 2017, 06:02 PM
kalamrockz

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for KCET examination being from another state as the eligibility criteria specifies that any candidate wishes to appear for the entrance examination should have studied and passed in one or more government or government recognized Institutions in the state of Karnataka for a minimum period of seven years. Therefore, if you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, you can surely apply and if not, than I am sorry you cannot appear for the examination.

Procedure to apply:

You can apply for the examination by filling up the application form available at various Institutions withing the State and will have to submit a DD of the amount asked for and after successful completion of the procedure, you will be most eligible to appear for the examination.
8th April 2017, 11:38 PM
khanexpert

The criteria is such that the candidate should have studied for a minimum of 7 years in Karnataka in order to be eligible to appear for KCET examination, as you have competed only 6 years of education, I ma sorry to say that you cannot go for it.
26th June 2021, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

I studied from L.K.G to 2 nd puc in Karnataka 12 years i studied but i belong to Andhra Pradesh and i don't have caste and income certificate in Karnataka so can i write kcet and will they consider that in counseling
14th April 2023, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

In Andhra Pradesh people write which entrance exam in Karnataka
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?