18th March 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Nature of Bio Medical Engineering? What are the job opportunities? What is the procedure to register for NATA?

Hi
I am studying in std 12(CBSE) and have taken Bio-technology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as my main subjects. I would like to know about the nature of Bio-medical engineering and the various colleges that offer this course. Also what are the job opportunities and nature of jobs that i will be eligible for if i pursue the same.
I would also kindly request you to guide me about the procedures for registering the NATA application forms.
ThankYou

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue my career with Bio medical engineering?
  2. Is there any job opportunity for Bio-medical Engineers in India? Will there be any campus recruitment for them? List of top companies recruiting Biomedical Engineering? Instiutes in Kerala offering Bio Medical Engineering?
  3. What is the scope in BME? What are the job opportunities?
  4. Is Biotechnology a good career choice for me?
  5. How can I register to appear in NATA being a 12th student? -- [New]
  6. How to join bio medical engineering after doing B.E(Mech)? What is the scope of it in India? Which are the companies offering a job to Bio medical engineers?
  7. Job opportunities after M.Sc. Biotech? Which course is better between Medical Biotech and General Biotech?
  8. What is biomedical engineering? What is the future of bio medical engineering job?
  9. Where is the best college in Tamil Nadu for Nanotechnology? Job opportunities for Nanotechnology?
  10. How may I get details about Bio-medical and Biotech Engineering? Which one is more preferable in context of better job opportunities? List of economical colleges offering these courses?
  11. Details about Bio medical engineering? What is the cutoff?
  12. Procedure to apply for NATA Exam after completion of 12th class?
  13. Job opportunities for Biomedical Engineer? Should I switch to IT job as campus placement for BM isnt good?
  14. How to register for NATA separately?
  15. Any positions for bio medical engineering in Mahamaya Allopathic Medical College?
  16. Best college in Chennai to do Bio-Medical course? Do we have any job opportunities in Tamilnadu or Chennai? Job openings in India and Abroad?
  17. Biomedical engineering: Job Opportunities, Scope, Colleges in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to get a job related to core subjects after finishing B.Tech Bio Medical Engineering?
26th June 2013, 03:38 PM
gopikalavanya

Smile Re: Nature of Bio Medical Engineering? What are the job opportunities? What is the procedure to register for NATA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I am studying in std 12(CBSE) and have taken Bio-technology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as my main subjects. I would like to know about the nature of Bio-medical engineering and the various colleges that offer this course. Also what are the job opportunities and nature of jobs that i will be eligible for if i pursue the same.
I would also kindly request you to guide me about the procedures for registering the NATA application forms.
ThankYou
hi,

Growth
The biomedical engineering field is growing rapidly. CNNMoney ranks biomedical engineering in the top 10 jobs concerning great pay and growth prospects. The biomedical engineering profession has a 72 percent, 10-year job growth forecast.

Electing to graduate with a major in biomedical engineering opens the door to an ever-growing amount of job opportunities, fusing the medical and engineering worlds in order to increase the quality of life all over the planet.

Opportunity
These job opportunities are most commonly found in fields such as cellular, tissue, genetic, clinical, and rehabilitation engineering. Additionally, there are opportunities within the fields of bioinstrumentation, biomaterials, biomechanics, drug design and delivery, medical imaging, orthopedic surgery, pharmaceuticals, and systems physiology.

As an undergraduate biomedical engineering major at The University of Texas at Austin, you will have the opportunity to learn about each area and discover the field you are most passionate about. Roughly one-third of graduates from the undergraduate biomedical engineering program go into industry, one-third go to medical school, and one-third go to graduate school or professional degree program in fields such as law, pharmacy, and veterinary medicine.

Biomedical engineering students have access to the Engineering Career Assistance Center (ECAC), which provides a variety of services and resources for undergraduate and graduate students, including individual career advising, resume review, access to jobs, internships and employers participating in on-campus recruiting.
How to register for the test?
you need to carry the following documents when you go for the registration for NATA

Std. X or equivalent exam marklist – attested copy
One recent passport size colour photograph, to be pasted on the registration form.
Any valid document of identification bearing photograph and signature of the candidate – attested copy
Test fees of Rs. 800/- in the form of demand draft in favour of ‘Council of Architecture’ payable at New Delhi.
Valid email address.

Go to a nearest test centre for you. (A list of test centers all over INDIA are available on www.nata.in or click on NATA Test Centers in India ) and give them the above mentioned documents to register for the NATA.

Important Things to Remember When Registering

Register well in advance. During the peak admission season Test Centers fill up quickly.
Take the test as soon as possible so the candidate’s score card / Marklist will be received by the candidate in time to be submitted with the application or in time for the deadline of each of the CET cells of individual states to submit your NATA score cards.
When registering, be sure that the spelling of the candidate’s name matches the name printed on the identification document(s) the candidate will present at the Test Center. If this information does not match, the candidate will not be permitted to test and his / her test fee will be forfeited. See Identification
Requirements below,
Information regarding Test Center availability is subject to change. The most current information regarding Test Centers and other registration information is available on the NATA website.

Note: Incase you feel you are not ready for taking NATA you have the option of postponing / rescheduling of the exam by paying Rs 200/-
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?