23rd November 2019, 03:45 PM
poo.kolkata121

Is it necessary to do Graduation and Post Graduation in same discipline to do B.Ed?

I did my B.Sc with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as my major subjects but my M.Sc subject is Computer Science. Can I get chance to study B.Ed? If yes, then which subject option would be best for me in B.Ed?

25th November 2019, 01:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do Graduation and Post Graduation in same discipline to do B.Ed?

B.Ed is Bachelor in Education. It is two year course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or master degree with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the course on the basis of any qualification ( bachelor or master ).

Entrance examination is conducted by various institution for admission in the course.
26th November 2019, 03:25 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do Graduation and Post Graduation in same discipline to do B.Ed?

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join B.Ed course is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Some Institutes/Universities will ask for 55% of marks in Graduation.

As per this criteria, you don't need to be a Post Graduate to join B.Ed course. Since you have already completed your Post Graduation also, there is nothing to worry. It will be an added advantage to you especially when you are trying for jobs in private schools or colleges.

There is no issue even though you have completed M.Sc in Computer Science which is different from your Graduation subjects.

Admission to B.Ed course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Entrance Exam consists of questions from following categories
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
Current Affaris
General Knowledge
Teaching Proficiency Test etc.

Each and every University/Institute will conduct separate Entrance Exam for this course.

I would suggest you to choose the Entrance Exam as per your interest.

Get the complete the syllabus for the Entrance Exam and have good preparation for the same. Usually, these Entrance Exams will be conducted in the month of June.

After completion of this course, you are eligible for Teaching jobs in both private and Government Schools or Colleges
26th November 2019, 06:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education course.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Percentage requirement: Minimum of 50% marks in graduation to apply for B.Ed course.

No, it is not necessary. You can apply if you meet percentage requirements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?