19th November 2017, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Is a non-maths 12th student eligible for making his career as CA?

I am a science background medical student. Am I eligible for appearing CA foundation exam? I have passed +2 with 63% marks. I am a non-maths student. Can you please answer me back with the complete details on the same? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Which career line is most suitable for a class 12th commerce with Maths student? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Should a maths student opt naturopathy(Ayurveda) as his career? I am pursuing 12th with PCM stream
  3. Career opportunities after 12th standard with Biology and without Maths?
  4. Which course should I opt for making a career in astronomy after B.Sc? List of the top institutes for the same?
  5. Is the career in Pharmacy possible for a Maths student? Is this the right choice?
  6. Career opportunities available for 12th commerce(without maths) students? I'm interested to become CA or join law
  7. What is the scope in Maths for B.A. students?
  8. Which course should I opt for making career in optics? List of the top colleges for the same? I have completed B.Sc course
  9. Am I eligible for B.Arch course after scoring 84 in English, 44 in Maths and overall percentage of 51% in 12th?
  10. Which all government jobs I can apply for after completion of B.Sc Maths? -- [New]
  11. Can a PCB 12th passed student make a career in Mass Communication? without maths
  12. Courses which can help me in making a good career after passing 12th private from CBSE board?
  13. Commerce with Maths 12th standard student can get admission in BCA-MCA course?
  14. Eligibility to join B school after 12th and is Maths compulsory for the same?
  15. What can I do after passing 12th? I am a Maths student
  16. Career opportunities of B.Sc(Statistics) for 12th Maths student?
  17. What can be the possible career for me after 12th science if I am weak in maths?
  18. What are the good career options available for me after 12th commerce?
21st November 2017, 03:37 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a non-maths 12th student eligible for making his career as CA?

Yes, you are eligible for CA foundation exam.

Candidate of all stream can apply for Chartered Accountant Examination.

For opting CA after 12th science or from any stream after 12th you have to appear for CPT.

Now CPT is compulsory for any one opting for CA even after graduation.

You can visit the official website of ICAI for any further information.

www.icai.org.
21st November 2017, 04:48 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Yes You are 100% eligible for The CA Foundation exam. The CA foundation exam which is called CPT, the minimum Eligiblity for CPT is 10+2 from any stream, hence you are eligible for CA Foundation Exam.

For this You have to get registered over to Common Proficiency Course with Board of Studies of ICAI. You can know more about This Exam here
22nd November 2017, 09:10 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, non-maths students are also eligible to appear for CA Foundation Exam.

To be eligible for CA Foundation or CA CPT Exam, a candidates must have passed 12th standard from Science or Commerce stream.

12th standard Board exam is just qualifying exam for appearing in CA CPT Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?