3rd February 2010, 09:34 PM
ginuthomas

Is it not a foolish decision by cbse?

according to me cbse board has taken a foolish decision. before we need only to study but now draw, do the assignments,etc,etc from class 9onwards .not even a single minute to rest.i am a class 9 student .i ask that why the board doesnt think than we get the same 24 hours a day before and now. now we r in the real burden and the board escapes by saying this reduces the urden. i am very angry to everyone whotook this decision. thus the intelligent great indians took foolish decision yet cam and yet to come .

4th February 2010, 09:00 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it not a foolish decision by cbse?

I think that the assignments are given to you to improve your skills,knowledge and for self study.................and cbse changed the course in easy course for student........
4th February 2010, 09:18 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

please dont think that way cbse is trying it best to enhance our skills al the things which you consier as burden willl be useful to you in fuure you will know its value later
4th February 2010, 10:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

no this is not good for student because it destroy the competitions , this is absolutely unnecessary.we just have one board exam for the first 10 years of our school education.also,facing board exams first time in class XII will increase the pressure on the students and parents.
4th February 2010, 10:29 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

i am also agree with you,really CBSE board has taken a foolish decision.i dont know why they are not making 10th board compulsory.they should not have done this,this will effect the student very badly.
4th February 2010, 03:07 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi
ya it is right. nowadays student are given more assignment, drawing...etc. students does not get time to play, read a story book..etc they are just engaged in doing home work or assignment. they sometime tell that we have to assignment otherwise we will be punish. now teacher give a lot of assignment to children .

i am not telling that giving assiement is bad but giving to much is wrong.
i also want the cbse to check is decision.
4th February 2010, 06:15 PM
er_sheetal2005

hi. . Dear. . How are you.. I hope you will take my advice.dear cbse has not taken any foolish decision.all the assignments are given to the student to check their stemina..assignment are not meant to solved through your book by cheating..they are not just to write it down..atleast one time do act upon my advice.take your assignment and solve it yourself.you will a confidence in yourself.it is a test of your knowledge.do not think that it is a burden..they are just given to you to increase your stemina your confidence and your knowledge. .hope you will get my point soon. Good luck for you exams.
4th February 2010, 08:27 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

cbse is one of the excellent board in education.. cbse students are exta ordinary brilliants.. it is not afoolish decision because after completing your studies in cbse board it is very easy to take any other board
4th February 2010, 10:23 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

well that sounds very harsh but i definitely dont agree to that cbse has taken a good decision by increasing your analyitical as well as practical skills and by drawing if you take intrest then you will be able to know the things you study and the figures you draw very closely and if not now then may be in time to come you will certainly be thankful to the board to develop those skills in you ... hope you understand and donot get upset and try harder and do moe practice andtake out time to draw also .... all the best dear..bye take care..
29th March 2010, 10:31 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
you are thinking that it is bad due to the fact that you have do do extra home work,
but it is being done for the betterment of the students,
so i do not think that this is bad for the students,
o k
30th March 2010, 09:20 PM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
it may seem to you as a foolish decision but it is much of a wise decision .after all it is taken by the board members who are much experienced and knowledgeable than you and me.if you do your assignments regularly then your burden during the exams is considerably reduced.talking about drawing diagrams it clears the concept more better then the words written in book.
therefore it is the wise dicision by CBSE
31st March 2010, 06:19 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
the decision by the CBSE is a wise one
students undergo practise of certain chapters when they prepare the assignments
plus if you commit an error during the preparation of the assignment you will remember it and avoid it in the future
all the best
10th April 2010, 04:21 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

no dear friend,
CBSE is run by an elite class members who are not only intellectuals but also an experienced one.they know how to make it easy for the students .they have rightly implemented it.there is no problem.
all the best.
9th August 2010, 05:14 PM
prathamesh22

yes i agree to you it is totally foolish decision by cbse
15th August 2010, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Is it not a foolish decision by cbse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
no this is not good for student because it destroy the competitions , this is absolutely unnecessary.we just have one board exam for the first 10 years of our school education.also,facing board exams first time in class XII will increase the pressure on the students and parents.

Yes ur very correct my friend ! And it has created some more ways to make money for Pvt schools . When board exams where there atleast schools had no control over the results . Now for sure likeings and dislikeings of a single teacher can effect also the grade of a student no matter how bright he or she is .
17th August 2010, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

can a student write boardexam in Xth and study XI in state syllabus . what to do for studying in state syllabus for a student who is studying in IX now please clear the doubts relating the Xth examination and getting T.C
18th August 2010, 12:17 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Actually its not a foolish decision. Assignments and all are important for a students so that they can present themselves well and complete it within a deadline.

I know there is some time wastage on this but you have to manage it somehow. Actually after your 10th you wont find many assignments like how u have now..It will considerably decrease for sure forever. So just try to bear this for a year

Cheers :
18th August 2010, 12:51 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

The Decision taken by HRD Minister "Kapil Sibal" is not good one from various points of view, but also not a foolish one........!

Yes its true that Assignments, Draws etc. will prove helpful in developing one's Analytical, Conceptual and other hidden abilities, but we cant neglect the Tension and Harassment that will emerge as a Hinderage in the way of students development.

And what about the problems that students have to face in 12th board exams and other competetive exams specially which are conducted on 10th basis.

So, if the withdrawal of 10th board exams is giving something, its taking lot from students actual managing capability and all.
18th August 2010, 01:04 AM
shubham957

Smile Re: Is it not a foolish decision by cbse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginuthomas View Post
according to me cbse board has taken a foolish decision. before we need only to study but now draw, do the assignments,etc,etc from class 9onwards .not even a single minute to rest.i am a class 9 student .i ask that why the board doesnt think than we get the same 24 hours a day before and now. now we r in the real burden and the board escapes by saying this reduces the urden. i am very angry to everyone whotook this decision. thus the intelligent great indians took foolish decision yet cam and yet to come .
don,t take it wrong. cbse is just trying to improve the skills of students. they want to make study system of india like that of international standard. all these assignment will help you a lot in studies. in the starting, you will find difficulties in doing this much work, but once you started enjoying it you will be able to do it in less time.
18th August 2010, 01:25 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

Do not get angry on the official they had taken a very good decision ,these extra things are only fort the development of the students....

These are not meant for killing there valuable time ...

And as you are blaming the authorities,they are far more educated then you ,they have good knowledge then you.

so just do the things in your syllabus..

all the best...
18th August 2010, 02:30 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

i do not think so,that this is a foolish decision taken by the cbse board.

if you do your assignments regularly then your burden during the exams is

considerably reduced.talking about drawing diagrams it clears the concept more

better then the words written in book.Assignments and all are important for a

students so that they can present themselves well and complete it within a

deadline. Actually after your 10th you wont find many assignments like how u

have now
18th August 2010, 11:55 AM
jainlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginuthomas View Post

its just because so that you shouldn't only pass your exams & go to next class but so that you also should have knowledge about that subject.
because i think you also know that passing an examination is much eaiser but knowledge gain is not
18th August 2010, 03:14 PM

Athough your saying is not wrong but the managment of CBSE are doing this exersice on some logic behind that to improve konwledge, to make to understand the real picture of knowledge that to just be a bookish person......
18th August 2010, 07:12 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

In my opinion cbse has taken a wise decision........its because from now onwards all will be judged through out the year......single day performance wont matter.......and it will ease pressure on students........
18th August 2010, 08:46 PM
prerna giri

hiiii..i also agree with you..i think grading system is more hectic as compared to % system..moreover here we have a disadvantage that a student getting 80 marks and the other getting 90 marks both get the same grade that is A..SO HERE IT FAILS...
30th May 2011, 07:14 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Totally agree, acuatully academicians in india

run the show in an autocratic way, crucial decisions are taken

without proper survey and consultation.

nowadays parents have to to work so hard after children all though the year

even the vacations are tensed, n guess what the results are no goin to be better

many parents lament had they worked so hard they would have themselves become

somebody,
6th November 2011, 04:36 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Assignments are given to the students for their own practice, so that they can analyze and understand the subject.

You don't have to be angry. and the cbse has reduced its syllabus as compared to ICSE board and other boards. It has also removed 10th board exam

Whatever its doing for the good of students only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?