22nd March 2015, 10:24 AM
Rahul143rock

Is Biology a good option to choose after 10th class?

Now i m studying in 10th class at navodaya vidyala. Its a residential CBSE school. I want to take TC here. And choose bio with c stream.
Its a good decision for me...?

and i want go to kota in allen coaching center for PMT preparation.

Plz give me advice for my decision.

22nd March 2015, 04:03 PM
shaish20

Default Re: Is Biology a good option to choose after 10th class?

Yes, if you want appear for PMT Entrance Examination, then you must need to take biology in your 12th class.

If you don't have biology as a subject in your 12th standard, then you are not eligible to apply for PMT.

So, its a good decision to take Biology if you want to appear for PMT Entrance Examination.
22nd March 2015, 04:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

According to your question it seems that you are interested in medical field and you are looking for good future in the same field.

Yes it is good option to have biology for further education if you are interested in it as you can go for MBBS , B.Sc ( with either zoology or botany ) , B.Sc nursing which are good career options .You can also go for biotechnology or microbiology after 12th with biology if you are in technical field .

Now as you are concerned for PMT and AIIMS coaching institute then your selection for Allen coaching is good as it is best known for medical stream all around India .You can also go for Resonance or Aakash institute if Allen is not possible for you .

You should take all the subjects equally important for your examinations .
22nd March 2015, 04:34 PM
unique99

Definately Biology is a good option if you complete your 12th standard you will get several options to continue your study at higher level.

Yes you can do coaching for PMT preparation it is also good for you.

Other than PMT you can sit for Joint Entrance examination too,scoring good in the entrance examination you can do Medical/BDS/B.PHARMA /Agri Bsc, etc.

So,bio stream is undoubtedly a good choice you can proceed confidently.
22nd March 2015, 05:46 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Smile Re: Is Biology a good option to choose after 10th class?

Hello Guest,

Yes,Biology with Physics and Chemistry is a good choice in Class XII if you are interested in Medical section.

Yo can do MBBS degree after 12th by appearing AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Science) or AIPMT(All Indian Pre- Medical Test) examination and you can then do MS course.

Or you can do B.Pharm to become a Pharmacist.

If you want to go in general stream you can do Bachelor's degree in Zoology or Botany or Physiology.

So there are lot of carrier option available if you choose Biology after 10th examination.Go ahead.

All the Best.
22nd March 2015, 06:17 PM
neeshu goel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul143rock View Post
Now i m studying in 10th class at navodaya vidyala. Its a residential CBSE school. I want to take TC here. And choose bio with c stream.
Its a good decision for me...?

and i want go to kota in allen coaching center for PMT preparation.

Plz give me advice for my decision.
Yes. Taking biology after 10th is a good option.
The most sought after profession after choosing medical science s becoming a doctor. The route for this is either MBBS/BDS/BPT etc.
The main exams conducted at all india level for MBBS is AIPMT.
If you need coaching for help in your praparations, then go ahead as the competition is getting tougher and as all of us know kota is home for coaching centres,you can go there and choose allen institute for your preparations.
23rd March 2015, 06:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes taking biology after 10th is a good option that means you are in interested in going to medical field. I think it is best career option for you future also.But I will suggest you to work hard if you are taking biology .As the students who are taking biology faces problem in making numericals of physics and chemistry so you must have idea of some of the basic formula used in these subjects.Also there is very tough examination of getting admission in the government colleges and taking admission in private college is notwith in the average family background.

But the Coaching you are willing to join ALLEN is one of thebest coaching institute for medical preparation and if you will work with the determination to achieve your goal you will definitely get it.
5th November 2019, 10:02 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes ,it is beneficial to go with science stream as you want to appear for PMT medical stream
After your 12 standard you can go for
MBBS
BDS
BPT
BHMS
BUMS
BAMS
FOOD SCIENCE
FORENSIC SCIENCE
There are many more options that you can opt after 12 even if you do not want to take MBBS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?