28th February 2012, 08:06 PM
dillyc

Which one is better between Java and .Net?

Hi..m dileep pursuing final year mba on information systems..as my background s of BE(computer science) wish to get in to IT Comp as a developer..in the present marketing trend which one s better java or .net? M a fresher s it enough to do java certification on corejava or else should i do on advance java also? Please guide me...

28th February 2012, 11:39 PM
simmi9044

Default Re: Which one is better between Java and .Net?

.NET is a
framework. JAVA
is a language. One .NET language
is C#. C# was
designed
specifically to
attract JAVA
programmers to the .NET
framework. in my opinion C# is
a better language
than JAVA. They
are so similar but
C# carries less BS
than JAVA does.
28th February 2012, 11:45 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai friends

.Net is framework.
There are many different kinds of .Net languages. These languages include VB.Net , Asp.Net ,C# etc
This is a microsoft product and it was created for the windows operating system
There is the mono project out right now that allows you to use the >net framework for other operating system like Unix etc.
Most business programming is in .Net , management information systems uses this framework
.Net is easier to learn , Java is more widely used

Jav can be used for any system .
In computer science java is the main language for the starting computer science programming classes. This language is powerful and used in jets , phones and pc software
29th February 2012, 01:51 PM
swatikurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyc View Post
Hi..m dileep pursuing final year mba on information systems..as my background s of BE(computer science) wish to get in to IT Comp as a developer..in the present marketing trend which one s better java or .net? M a fresher s it enough to do java certification on corejava or else should i do on advance java also? Please guide me...
First of all let me tell you, u can do any course java or dotnet both are equally good as both based on object oriented programming and contain same concepts .Whatever u choose do it thoroughly .As during interview they judge your logic and responsiveness, not any particular language, If you plan to do the certification for any course then prepare for it thoroughly as due to this expectations also raise during interview.
let me tell you its not important which course you opt,but important is how proficient you r in that and how easily you can switch from one technology to another .
Like my sir used to say this "Developer should not be limited to any technology ." Once you will get into some company you will got to know about this .As technologies in our industries are changing so rapidly that you need to match your pace with them.

and as i can tell you through my experience whatever you have learned during your course is so much different from what you are going to do in company so just make your logic more strong .

And it will add value if you can do advanced java but No need to do certification for the same.
Swings, Hibernate are common topics in java that are used in compnies .
Good luck !!!!
13th May 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have just finshd my bca but m nt good in programming m still confuse whether i choose java or networking pls suggest me
15th May 2012, 08:34 PM
chandu9191

hi friend,

java is a language. now it is leading one learn any one in programming purpose

and . net is database purpose both are different
but both are useful ones in life career purpose.

thank you..
18th May 2012, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

what is better either java or .net according to market????
23rd June 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir
i am BE ECE2012 fresher i have lot of confusion wat i have to study java or .net pls help me
24th June 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

I am btech 2012 fresher
I interested in web designing
Which course is better?
26th June 2012, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

plz suggest me what i choose between .net and java.......
2nd July 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

java or .net is better?
3rd July 2012, 04:09 PM
Audi A4

.Net is a framework. There are many different kind of .Net languages. These languages include VB.Net,Asp.Net,C#,etc. This is a Microsoft product and ot was created for the windows operating system.

There is a mono project out right now that allow use the .Net frameworkfor other operating system like Unix etc. Most business programming is in .Net, management information system uses this framework.

.Net is easier to learn and Java is more widely used.

Java can be used for any system. In computer Science Java is the main language for the starting computer science programming classes. This langusge is powerful and used in jets, phones and PC software.

I would give an edge to Java.
3rd July 2012, 04:36 PM
bhargavmodi619

.NET is a framework as all the above message said its true its a Microsoft product which uses purely OOPS concept which java does not use fully OOPS concept according my point of view JAVA has huge demand and has vast scope out of India like in USA,China,England etc whereas .NET too has some scope but not as good as java has .NET is mainly restricted to India.accordingly currently rates 55% of project are been developed on.NET framework rest of is divided between PHP and JAVA.so if want to go towards high profile development i guess you go towards JAVA side.
3rd July 2012, 05:12 PM
gokuls1

I think so both java n .net are better in their own way, so if you have interst in java do that course... .Net is also gud language to study..... Coding in java is little bit lengthy than in .Net and .Net is in running state now a days...... so i prefer to choose .Net...
3rd July 2012, 05:18 PM
gokuls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am btech 2012 fresher
I interested in web designing
Which course is better?
.Net is very easy n running language in web designing as compared to java. java is very complex compared to .Net an its coding is also very lengthy... So, for your better convinience i would like to prefer .Net as language u should study for Web Designing.
10th July 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed BE (ET&T) so which one is better java , .Net or embedded?????
16th July 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

What is better scope in kolkata between java and .Net ?
18th July 2012, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

i am trained on both .net and java. I think .net was easier to learn than Java also learning an open source thoroughly will help you as most of companies don't have license to use .net. The advantage is- if you learned java- you can learn .net by yourself w/o help of anyone but few books and video tutorials that can be easily downloaded. Go for Java- both J2SE and J2EE also known to be core and adv. java respectively.
You will be exposed to a lots of other technologies like Struts, springs, hibernates etc and later you will find similarity to a greater extent while learning .net.
24th July 2012, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

hai sir i am amar i completed mca 2012 now i am asking to u which course has better carrer in future plz tel sir
24th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

helo sir
plz suggest me some companies who hire java students
6th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

hai ,im in btech(cse branch) ,want to know which langugage is preferable for my main and mini project? im in confusion wether to do in JAVA or .NET ,please answer me back..
14th August 2012, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I AM MCA LAST YEAR STDNT,,i have a knowledge of java n .net also but only basic 1... so wt i have to do......
18th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

What is future scope of spring,hibernate and struts technology? 2012
4th September 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

which programming language is the best in java n .net to get job in india
14th September 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

i am a good programmer my prog logic is so strong,
i have potential to learn any language
so plz suggest me that i will go for Java or .Net ?
21st September 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am at the stage of mca ending. so have confusion what languga i have to learn?plz reply me urgent
22nd October 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

To all fresh graduate, learn both. For developing server side use java, for client app use .net. This way you employ both strength.
23rd October 2012, 12:22 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

hi friend,

I will be shown difference and detail in below

*Java can be used for any system. In computer Science Java is the main language for the starting computer science programming classes.
This langusge is powerful and used in jets, phones and PC software. jawa used in to mobile system operates in a game and application.

*Net is a framework. There are many different kind of .Net languages. These languages include VB.Net,Asp.Net,C#,etc. This is a Microsoft product and ot was created for the windows operating system.

There is a mono project out right now that allow use the .Net frameworkfor other operating system like Unix etc. Most business programming is in .Net, management information system uses this framework.

.Net is easier to learn and Java is more widely used.
25th October 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

hi friend,

Now i'm in job in .net platform, whether i can change my platform to java or not?
please reply for this question.
11th November 2012, 11:25 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

I prefer Java to .NET because it an open source language which supports all OS and most of the Mobile Devices too.

Java is updated more regularly than .NET.

I personally feel both are very good in their own and they are incomparable in many terms. The point is that whatever you go for learning you should be really good in it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JAVA VS .NET.pdf(138.5 KB, 393 views)
19th November 2012, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

which is better between php and .net plz reply me soon
26th November 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

I am 2010 passed out in CSE stream having 1 year exp in .net due to some reasons i quit the job , now i am planning to do job again should i move to java or switch to .net i am totally confused plz help me
4th December 2012, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

which is the best specialization to do project for mtech cse students
5th December 2012, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i was completed my b.tech 2011 batch with 68% ...jst now i have wrk in edutor technologies in portal doveloper ..so i will setle in program doveloper side....which course i wil jin in institute...for d beter future which course i will do...plz tell me sir i have so confused...??
21st December 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

i am doing mca now, which one better java or .net
21st December 2012, 09:41 PM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

Let me tell you its not important which course you choose,but important is how proficient you are in that and how easily you can switch from one technology to another .

Like my sir used to say this "Developer should not be limited to any technology ." Once you will get into some company you will got to know about this .As technologies in our industries are changing so rapidly that you need to match your pace with them.

Java can be used for any system. In computer Science Java is the main language for the starting computer science programming classes.
This langusge is powerful and used in jets, phones and PC software. jawa used in to mobile system operates in a game and application.

Net is a framework. There are many different kind of .Net languages. These languages include VB.Net,Asp.Net,C#,etc. This is a Microsoft product and ot was created for the windows operating system.

thank you...
12th January 2013, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

From where can i do java and .net live projects as free of cost with training?
12th January 2013, 03:56 PM

java are typically used by larger corporations who are more comfortable outsourcing through a staffing firm, so you get paid hourly for medium- to long-term projects and never get the "multiple clients waiting in line" situation that a typical freelancer desires in order to keep their business going...........

.NET is used for projects at companies of all size and you can find work with or without a staffing agency to market you if you're good at marketing yourself....

IF u want to work in a good firm.....you should prefer java..

if u are good in marketting you can go through .net...

choose according to your skills

in computer science both are very important parts of the subject

thankyou
12th January 2013, 09:18 PM
manu3

java are typically used by larger corporations who are more comfortable outsourcing through a staffing firm, so you get paid hourly for medium- to long-term projects and never get the "multiple clients waiting in line" situation that a typical freelancer desires in order to keep their business going...........

.NET is used for projects at companies of all size and you can find work with or without a staffing agency to market you if you're good at marketing yourself....

IF u want to work in a good firm.....you should prefer java..

if u are good in marketting you can go through .net...

choose according to your skills

in computer science both are very important parts of the subject

thankyou

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/one-better-between-java-net-643179.html#ixzz2HmDetQWw
12th January 2013, 09:19 PM
manu3

First of all let me tell you, u can do any course java or dotnet both are equally good as both based on object oriented programming and contain same concepts .Whatever u choose do it thoroughly .As during interview they judge your logic and responsiveness, not any particular language, If you plan to do the certification for any course then prepare for it thoroughly as due to this expectations also raise during interview.
let me tell you its not important which course you opt,but important is how proficient you r in that and how easily you can switch from one technology to another .

and as i can tell you through my experience whatever you have learned during your course is so much different from what you are going to do in company so just make your logic more strong .

And it will add value if you can do advanced java but No need to do certification for the same.
Swings, Hibernate are common topics in java that are used in compnies .
Good luck !!!!

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/one-better-between-java-net-643179.html#ixzz2HmE0dTqR
27th February 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i am ece frsher but lot of confusion between .net, java which one better
27th February 2013, 09:22 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Lightbulb Re: Which one is better between Java and .Net?

Dear Friend ,

>> JAVA IS A LANGUAGE , where as .NET is a Framework .

>> One .NET Language is C# . C# was designed specifically to attract Java Programmers to the ,net frame work.

In my opinion C# is a better language then JAVA . They are so Millard but C# carries less BS then JAVA does .

THANK YOU ...!!
30th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done BE from IT in 2012...currently i am not working any where...now i want to do a course but little bit confused about which course should i do n which one is better java or .net.which one is going good now days..plzz rply soon...
13th July 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

For doing mini project in college which is correct to choose in between java and. NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?