29th June 2010, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

One year Merchant Navy course after engineering which are the best colleges for the one year course?

i am doing mechanical engineering from lovely university i wanted to join merchant navy so i wanted to know that after engineering which are the best colleges for the one year course, what is the eligibility criteria,what is the pay scale and which is the starting post when you join.

30th June 2010, 12:25 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Default Re: One year Merchant Navy course after engineering which are the best colleges for the one year course?

Dear friends
you should go for several good govt collg. like
TS Chanakya navy, Mumbai
Marine eng and research Inst. Kolkata
Marine eng and research Inst. , Mumbai
Lal Bhadur Shastri collg.of Advanced martine studies and Research, MUMBAI
30th June 2010, 03:49 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: One year Merchant Navy course after engineering which are the best colleges for the one year course?

there is no such course for one year.the minimum duration is two years for marine engineering.
30th June 2010, 05:21 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
After a bachelor's degree in engineering, you need to pursue pre-sea course to join merchant navy. After successful completion of the pre-sea course, you will join merchant navy as Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.
The duration of the pre-sea course is 9 months and is conducted by

Marine Engineering and Research Institute (M.E.R.I.)
Recognized by AICTE and affiliated to University of Jadhavpur
P - 19, Taratolla Road , Kolkata - 700088
www.merical.ac.in
30th June 2010, 09:59 PM
sattuvachan
Senior Member++++

boss ... definitely !!!

you can join the merchant navy 1 yr. course as you have pursued mechanical engineering from an affiliated college which is LPU ....

You can join merchant navy directly after your mechanical engineering ...

you have to undergo a ten month pre-sea training in marine engineering offered by many institutes like MERI ,mumbai and kolkata or it is also offered by recruiting company itself ..

after that you will be appointed as 5th engineer or trainee engineer with a stipend of anything b/w 20 to 40 thousand a month ..

after few years of experience , say 5-7 yrs. , you will be able to become a cheif engineer with the monthly salary of anything b/w 2 to 4 lac a month ...

remember that you have to physically as well as mentally sound for applying to that as they are too strict about it ...

cheers
30th June 2010, 10:56 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You can pursue one-year merchant navy course in this institute:
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

The eligibility for this course is a B.E in Mechanical or Naval architecture from an AICTE approved institute. The primary post you can join is the Junior Engineer's post.

All the best!
30th June 2010, 11:03 PM
sukanti

You need to do a 1 year cadet course in any of the institutes

Indian Maritime Academy Chennai
T S Chanakya Mumbai,
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies Research Mumbai
Marine Engineering Research Institute Mumbai
Marine Engineering Research Institute Kolkata
Indian Institute of Port Management Kolkata
National Ship Design & Research Centre Visakhapatnam

Orissa Maritime Academy
Trident College of Marine Technology
Asha Institute of Marine Technology
Babapur, Near Babatpur Airport, Varanasi(U.P.)
Tel 0542-3090296,3090683
Sriram Institute of Maritime Studies
Aquatech Institute of Maritime Studies Delhi
Euro Tech Maritime Academy Cochin
Commander Ali Academy of Merchant Navy Secunderabad
Sri Chakra Maritime College Pondicherry
Balaji Seaman Training Institute Chennai
Maritime Training Academy Goa
Samudra Institute of Maritime studies Bombay

Best institutes would be top 5 in the above list .

Eligibility is a Mechanical or Electric engineering .

Payscale ranges from 12000 to 8 lakhs a month .

You can start as a fifth engineer or junior engineer.
12th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

hi,i am a student of electrical engineering final year.want to join navy ,and i know i have to undergo pre sea trainig courses that will help me to join as engine cadet...but my main problem is that i dont know where to apply ??how to apply ??which institutions are taking that type of students without any entrance test??course commencement.
14th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

hi,i am a student of MECHANICAL engineering graduate & want to join merchant navy ,and i know i have to undergo pre sea trainig courses that will help me to join as engine cadet...but my main problem is that i dont know where to apply ??how to apply ??which institutions are taking that type of students without any entrance test??course commencement.
15th July 2010, 09:56 AM
VISHALASTHANA

I m doing b.tech in i.t can i join merchant navy course
18th July 2010, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

can anyone tell me how to join cruise ship after completing 1yr course.
22nd August 2010, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

HI, my name is Gaurav, I AM AN ELECTRICAL ENGG WITH FIRST CLASS DEGREE (60%). i am intrested in merchant neavy please tell me what is the procedure. please its urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
18th September 2010, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

hi m sanjay m pursuing BE in electronic & telecommunicatin what can i do join merchant navy after complete be degree tel me sir or any short courcse
27th September 2010, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

hi i m manas . i m in 3rd yr doin BE..(mechanical).
how can i join merchant navy aftr ma engineering?
28th September 2010, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

hi iam ranjan,i m in btech civil final year,after completing my btech civil can i join mearchant navy?
28th September 2010, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

hi iam ranjan,i m in btech civil final year,after completing my btech civil can i join mearchant navy?
29th September 2010, 03:40 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes there isMarine Engineering and Research Institute (M.E.R.I.)
www.merical.ac.in
best of luck
22nd October 2010, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
Hello friend,
After a bachelor's degree in engineering, you need to pursue pre-sea course to join merchant navy. After successful completion of the pre-sea course, you will join merchant navy as Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.
The duration of the pre-sea course is 9 months and is conducted by

Marine Engineering and Research Institute (M.E.R.I.)
www.merical.ac.in

hello friends..
i have completed I.T. eng. this year...so what can i do for shipping training or how can i apply?
22nd October 2010, 03:46 AM
Unregistered

hello frnds i hav completed it enginnering this year?what is d option for me to join merchant navy?
frnds if u know,plz reply,bcoz im not aware of this field?
2nd November 2010, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

when the 2011 pre sea trining notification will released?
6th November 2010, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my BE in stream ELECTRICALS & ELECTRONICS ijnn 2010 batch ... am very much interested in merchant navy so when i can join the course... what is the minimum eligibility percentage to join the course please inform sir
10th November 2010, 05:35 AM
Unregistered

What will sellery of 5th engineer
20th November 2010, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

hello respected sir, i am sajid and , passing pre_engg with first division so what is best for me now, because i'm very much interested in merchant navy, plz must guide me.
3rd January 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

I have done BE Electrical pass in 2010 what to join merchant navy.
my age is 24. so pls tell me what to do? which course I should do & from which college?
13th February 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

hi iam ranjan,i m in btech civil final year,after completing my btech civil can i join mearchant navy?,what are the courses offring based on civil engg?
5th March 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.tech in electrical engineering and i want to join merchant navy. what is the procedure?
14th March 2011, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi ,i am harshvardhan doing BE in electronics n communication (4yr),can i join merchant navy?
16th April 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

hi, my name is jagadeesh. i cmplete my B-TECH in the branch of electronics and communication. can i join marchent navy??? please guide me, which course is suitable for me??
16th April 2011, 07:48 PM

hi friends, my name jagadeesh. iam B-TECH(ece) final year student. can i join marchent navy??? pls guide me, which course is suitable for me.?? plssss
4th May 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

merical.ac.in doesnt work
when will the admisson process gonna start
plz tell
24th July 2011, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

after b.e mechanical what is the course for merchant navy of one year what will be the salary
26th July 2011, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

name ritu dhwaj maurya
mai 12th complete kar chuka hu art side se kya mai merchant navy ka course kar sakta hu?
28th August 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi, friends . I am Ramesh D. Joshi. I have completed my B.E(Mechanical) in the year 2009.
I would like to know is there any chance to join mercahnt navy course now in mid of 2011? Or whether I have to wait for the 2012 training course? If,yes form which institute and when are admission process going to start, Please reply soon. Its very urgent.
5th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE DURATION OF PRE SEA COURSE IN MERI,MUMBAI AFTER BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING?
11th November 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

I am a student doing btech. final year in Electrical eng. and i want to join merchant navy , through pre sea course so what all should i do ? And please help me by sending a mail to [email protected] .
24th December 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam,

i am currently pursuing my 3rd year b.tech in biotech.i wish to know any one year courses available to join navy after my engineering and please help me by sending a mail to [email protected]
28th December 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am in 2 year of b.tech of mechanical engineering from g.b.t.u university i wanted to know that i could get admission directly in m.e.r.i after mechanical engineering or i have to give an entrance exam after mechanical engineering for this sir please send your response as soon as possible sir you can also send your mail on my contact number 8765514077 also
26th December 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

hello sir;i m bipul kumar mech 3yr student.is there any corporation or insttute or company who gives job to mechancial engineer with pre sea trainning also;please tell me somthing about this as i dont hav much money to afford the trainning;so i wanted to do job with pre sea course at the same time
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?