3rd August 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?

Hello Sir, I got 83% (PCM) in 10+2. Can I get a job in merchant navy? I want to become a chief engineer but some people advised me that there are minimum amount of job opportunity in merchant navy. Many number of people graduate from navy collage but they are still unemployed. Explain the entire environment of merchant navy and duration of year in merchant navy job?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  2. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  3. What is the salary of officer level jobs in merchant navy after B.Sc PCM? -- [New]
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring mroe than 50% in PCM and more than 60% in English? List of merchant navy institutes?
  5. How should I enroll directly for merchant navy?
  6. How to get a job in Merchant Navy after scoring 60+ marks in PCM in 12th?
  7. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  8. How can I join Merchant Navy having 72% in 12th with PCM? Fee structure of the course to pursue?
  9. Can I join Merchant navy after scoring 55% in PCM?
  10. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?
  11. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing inter with PCM? I have scored 61%
  13. How to join Merchant Navy having secured 47% in Inter with PCM?
  14. Eligibility for Merchant Navy after getting 48.7% in 12th and 41% in PCM?
  15. Eligibility for Merchant Navy after 12th standard with 50% marks in PCM and eye-sight correction?
  16. Can I get a salary above 50,000? Can I get Merchant navy after 12th with PCM?
  17. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  18. What can I do after 12th PCM so that I could opt for Merchant Navy?
3rd August 2016, 08:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?

Every field needs skillful people and if you have skills then surely you will end up getting a decent job in merchant navy after completion of marine engineering. Most of the jobs in this field are in lower posts like deck cadet which requires just 12th PCM qualified candidates.

Hence, you can try now itself for pre sea training. You should have good eyesight and physical fitness for this job because it is a job in oceanic environment. You have to spend your most of the time on ships during job.
4th August 2016, 01:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?

If you want to become a chief engineer in merchant navy after completion of your 12th science, you should get admission in B.Tech(marine engineering) and after completion of your course you can very much get a job post in Merchant Navy but not for the post of Chief Engineer as there is no such examination via which you can avail the post of chief engineer.

Chief Engineer post is the highest level post in Merchant Navy in the engine side as he is responsible for the smooth functioning of the engine department being the head.

There is nothing as such minimum job opportunities in Merchant Navy, you should try to complete your course from a recognized University with good scores and I am sure you will very much eligible to avail a job post in any good shipping company.

The duration of Marine Engineering course is 4 years from a recognized college/University. The duration of the job is not fixed as in different companies the term duration differs, i.e. 6 months, 9 months, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?