8th August 2010, 07:54 PM
jalaja

Can I opt for computer related subjects as an optional in prelims while doing CSE final year?

I am an engineering student doing my final year in CSE.. I wish to write civil services exam..can I opt any of the computer related subjects as an optional subject in prelims? I could not find any in the list of optional subjects provided.please clarrify.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. which optional subjects are recommended to opt for computer science engineers?
  3. Which two optional subjects should I opt for my mains exam? I have done BSc with Maths and Computer
  4. Which Exam of Civil Services Includes Telugu (Prelims or Mains)? What are the Optional Subjects I can Choose?
  5. Which subjects can I choose as Optional for IAS Exam having completed CSE?
  6. Which optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams?
  7. Which Optional subjects should I choose after completion of BE in CSE?
  8. Optional subjects related to B.E computer science branch?
  9. How to choose subjects for PCS exam? I am 23 years old and have done B.Tech in CSE
  10. Which optional subjects to opt for main exam?
  11. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  12. How to prepare for IAS after B.Tech? Which optional subjects will suit me better? Best books for prelims and mains?
  13. Which optional should I choose for IAS exam? From where to get the study material for the exam?
  14. What are the compulsory and optional subjects in prelims and mains for medical student in Civil Exam -- [New]
  15. Optional subjects for UPSC preliminary exam? I am doing my final year B.E ECE
  16. Which are the optional subjects in IES exam?
  17. Is it necessary to choose optional subjects in civil services from my graduation?
  18. Best books for IAS prelims exam? I have chosen 2 optional subjects, Mathematics and History
10th May 2011, 10:39 AM
Abhi..nav

Arrow Re: Can I opt for computer related subjects as an optional in prelims while doing CSE final year?

Yes you can select any subject
in which you have more intrest,
as optional subject
10th May 2011, 12:21 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for computer related subjects as an optional in prelims while doing CSE final year?

Yes.its true that you could not find any computer related subjects in the list of optional subjects in CSE(Civil Services Examination) as there is no optional relating to CS/IT

so you have to opt some general subjects like statistics,maths,geography,psychology etc.
5th July 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I opt for computer related subjects as an optional in prelims while doing CSE final year?

i am cse enginnering student final year....can i do ias....and which are the subjects i have to select?
27th November 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

can i prepare for ias exam without coaching?
30th November 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaja View Post
I am an engineering student doing my final year in CSE.. I wish to write civil services exam..can I opt any of the computer related subjects as an optional subject in prelims? I could not find any in the list of optional subjects provided.please clarrify.
Hi Friend,
the UPSC pattern has changed. you cant have any optional subjects for prelims. everybody will have common subjects in upsc preliminary exams. the subjects are quantitative aptitude and general studies.
you can choose optionals only for mains but you dont find any computer related subjects as optionals. so think while choosing your optional subjects.

all the best
4th May 2012, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

I am bcs student can i choose computer related subject in mpsc .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?