13th October 2011, 04:22 PM
vasavitalagadadeevi

Optional's available for those who have graduated in pharmacy field?

dear sir,

i am graduate in pharmacy field and pursuing my postgraduation. right from my childhood i am ias aspirant. i am bit confused in selecting optionals. can you please advice the optionals available in upsc mains which helps me to crack exam.

Related Questions:
  1. List of exams I need to write to study in USA? I'm currently studying in 3rd year B.Pharma
  2. Pursuing 1st year engineering : Can I take Geography and Psychology as optionals? Good coaching centres for these optionals?
  3. Can I pursue MSc in the field of Psychology being graduated from B.Tech in computer science
  4. What optionals should I choose after doing BSc Nursing?
  5. M.Pharma for females
  6. Which Indian universities offer Masters in Pharmacy to foreign students? How to get scholarship?
  7. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam after completion of BBA course?
  8. Which are the best colleges in Maharashtra? I am in 12th science
  9. Is it possible for me to study further in Pharmacy field? -- [New]
  10. Subjects for preparation of ias for btech cse?
  11. Can I apply for Air Hostess without having any management degree? How to become one? I am 19 years old
  12. Whether I should apply for job or do Masters after B.Pharma?
  13. Which subjects to take for M.Pharmacy? Which field is paying more than 50k a month?
  14. How to choose the optional subjects for upsc preliminary and mains exams? can I choose more than one option? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What will be the procedure to become a Drug Inspector being graduated in B.Pharmacy?
  16. Am I eligible to work as a Teacher in government school or private school after doing bachelor of physiotherapy and B.Ed from MDU?
  17. How to get a job of as Lecturer in a senior college on the basis of my engineering degree?
  18. What should one do after completing B.Pharmacy to build a career in Pharmacy field?
15th October 2011, 11:46 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Optional's available for those who have graduated in pharmacy field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasavitalagadadeevi View Post
dear sir,

i am graduate in pharmacy field and pursuing my postgraduation. right from my childhood i am ias aspirant. i am bit confused in selecting optionals. can you please advice the optionals available in upsc mains which helps me to crack exam.
Very good to hear from a Born Aspirant Of IAS

Selecting optional should be a very simple issue for you. If not, I will make it easy for you.

As you have graduated in your Pharmacy. you can select a optional subject which is related to medical field here are the optionals which are related to medical field that you can select into.
>>Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
>>Anthropology
>>Botany
>>Medical Science
>>Psychology

These are the optional subjects which are related to your field but not completely equal to your graduation subjects.

As you have selected your pharmacy as graduation subject with interest you may also select these subjects as your optional subjects but there is no compulsion to select only these you can also select any of the pre defined list of optional subjects.

even if they are not of your field you can select them with your inner interest.

while selecting for optional subjects one more thing to be considered apart from your interest in that subject is the availability of books in your area. we can't assume that all the optional subject books will be available equally in the market.
So take care of availability of the books.

My suggestion to you is take a Medical related subject from above list and take another general subject like Public administration or Psychology which will not only help you to get marks in mains exam but also help you in your field work as IAS officer.

All the best for your selection

Regards
21st October 2011, 01:18 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Optional's available for those who have graduated in pharmacy field?

From your information I am not clear in which course or in course class you are studying now,I am confused about you are saying after 10+2 or after B.Pharm.

However,
there are some opportunities like:

GPAT(Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is conducted under taken by the aegis of National Monitoring Committee(NMC) of All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), New Delhi.

To get admission in M.Pharm in top listed ,renowned colleges you have sit in GPAT entrance exam.

Eligibility:
1:You should have the Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy

or
2:The Final year examination of B. Pharmacy in the current year also can apply for appearing for GPAT examination.

Exam pattern :

i)Examination will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration containing 100 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.

ii)The question paper will consist of only multiple choice objective-type

iii)1/3 (one-third) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Syllabus:

1. Natural Products
2. Pharmacology
3. Medicinal Chemistry
4. Pharmaceutics
5. Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
6. Pharmaceutical Analysis
7. Biochemistry
8. Microbiology
9. Clinical Pharmacy

Some Reference Books:

1.Instrumental methods of Chemical Analysis by B. K. Sarma
2.Spectroscopy by Silverstein
3.Text Book of Pharmaceutical Analysis y K. A. Connors

4. Microbiology by Pelzar
5. Industrial microbiology by Cascida
6. Industrial microbiology by Prescott & Dunn

7. Text Book of Pharmacognosy by T. E. Walis.
8. Text Book of Pharmacognosy by Treas and Evans

Institutions :

Lallubhai Motilal College of Pharmacy, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009

AL-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Hosur Road Near Lalbagh, Main Gate, Bangalore 560027

College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar A/P Loni 413736, Distt. Ahmednagar

Nagpur University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagpur 440010

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, J.V.D. College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam 530003
JSS College of Pharmacy Rocklands, Elkhill Rd., Ootacamund 643001

CU Shah Coll of Pharmacy, Vidya Vihar Santacruz (W), Mumbai

University Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002

Job Prospects:

1: Demonstrator in Pharmacology at Indra Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry

2:Pharmacist (Assistant Sub Inspector) at CRPF by Gov. of India

3:Project Assistant Under CSIR Scheme, at CIMAP

4:Medical & Health Services, Jaipur

5:Open Source Drug Discovery (OSDD) & Planning and Performance Division (PPD) at CSIR, New Delhi

6:Pharmacist at ESIC Model Hospital, Jammu

7:Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutics,Pharmacognosy

8:Pharmacist at ITI Ltd

9:Pharmacist at Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)

10rug Inspector at Chandigarh Administration Health Department

11:Pharmacist (Ayurveda) at All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi

12:Pharmacist at Maharashtra state Power Gen Ltd

13:Ayurvedic Pharmacist at ESIC Hospital

14:Sanitory and food inspectors
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?