21st October 2011, 01:57 AM
karthikhaa

Is it better to do PG course after UG or get placed in software company after completing UG course?

It's better to do pg courses after finishing ug? Or it's better to get placed in software companies after completing ug courses?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a job in software company after completing B.Com?
  2. Need complete details about IT software companies? How does a Software company work?
  3. Best Ph.D university after completing MCA and pursuing job in software company? -- [New]
  4. How to pursue MBA after completing 4 years in software company?
  5. How to do CA after completing graduation with B.Tech? I am working as a software engineer in IT company
  6. Is it better to do PG course after UG or get placed in software company after completing UG course?
  7. How to get a job in MNC company or software company after completing 2nd PUC? What are the vacancies in Bangalore?
  8. How can I do internship in some standard IT or software company while doing MS Software Engineering?
  9. Can I join in Software Company if I do M.Tech in Electronics?
  10. Important Software Languages for getting Recruited in Software Company?
  11. Am I eligible to join in private software company after completing MSc CS degree?
  12. Can I get a good job in software company after completing 10th with 67% in 12th, 49% in BCA?
  13. Can I get a job in software company after completing engineering with 64%?
  14. How can I enter in Software companies like TCS, Infosys, Microsoft etc.?
  15. Available courses after completion of B.Sc? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I make my career in software company after completing MBA in finance? I am having 1 year experience in construction company as an accountant
  17. How to get a job in software company? I am an Instrumentation and Control engineering student
  18. Any chance for a job in software company after completing B.Tech Chemical Engineering with 56%?
21st October 2011, 09:10 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it better to do PG course after UG or get placed in software company after completing UG course?

It is better to join in Job Opportunity soon after completion of UG course if you have got job in any good software company especially if you have done Engineering.

In order to get job opportunities in software companies, you need to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria of Career 60 and the candidate should not have more than 2 backlogs.

After fulfilling this criteria, he need to go through the selection process of
-Written test
-Technical round
-HR round

Once you selected, you will be given job opportunity in that particular organizatioon. As usual, depending upon your performance, you will be given increments, bonus and promotions.

By the time you complete your post graduation course, here you are going to have 2-3 years of work experience which is very much important. Many of the companies will consider Graduates and Post Graduates as freshers and will assign same tasks.

So, if you have 2-3 years of experience in your job, obviously you will be treated as an experienced candidate and so they will treat you in a better manner and assign the tasks of higher levels and pay is also high.
21st October 2011, 09:24 AM
hrushi614

Default Re: Is it better to do PG course after UG or get placed in software company after completing UG course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikhaa View Post
It's better to do pg courses after finishing ug? Or it's better to get placed in software companies after completing ug courses?
hi friend,

I think if you are interested in software jobs it is better apply jobs after completion of b.tech.

Because so many software companies will offer B.tech students rather than M.tech student.

But for M.tech only in oncampus only they have high chances to get software jobs. and if they leave campus and checking softwre jobs outside its too difficutl to get a job than B.tech students.
21st October 2011, 01:22 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is it better to do PG course after UG or get placed in software company after completing UG course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikhaa View Post

Post Graduation or Job After Graduation

Its completely a personal choice whether you want to do Post graduation or get into a job and start earning..

There is no hard and fast rule anywhere or no one can advice to go for which line because its totally a matter of your own personal interest..what you exactly want..

If you like the stream you are studying and you want to further solidify your knowledge in your subjects and wish to go deeper into the subjects..then you should go for Post Graduation..

In order to get into the best colleges for M.Tech you need to appear for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam..which takes place every year for admissions into the top institutions for M.Tech like IITs,NITs,BITS,IISc and many more..

You can appear for GATE in the final year of your B.Tech or after that..

There is no age limit or any restriction on the number of attempts for GATE

If you have any queries you can visit the following site to clear all your doubts..

http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/

In case you feel that its high time that you start earning and want to settle down then you can apply for any job..

Eligibility Criteria For Software Companies :-

For appearing in most of the software companies..you need to fulfill the following criterion :-

1) You should have 60% or above in your 10th,12th and B.Tech (for Infosys its 65%)

2) You should have no active backlogs at the time of placement..

3) You should not have a study gap of more than 1 year(for some companies its 2 years)

Be completely thorough with one or two computer languages like C,C++,Java,etc and Data Structures too..

Apart from these you should have a strong aptitude too..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
21st October 2011, 02:28 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
it seems you have completed your engineering degree in computer or information technology . If so means joining the job would be a right option. If your degree is in other core then it will be better to do your masters and join a job in your core field.
Being a fresher it is not easy to get placed in a company soon after your completion of your degree. If you have got placed in college campus placement or if you have job in your hand then get into the job and work for few year and acquire some field knowledge as it will help you to pursue your career. You can do after that. If you prefer working then you can do your part time masters course which is offered by many institutes.
The masters course which you can do is masters in businees administration for which admission is based on entrance exam like CAT . For doing master in engineering admission is based on GATE score or entrance exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?