16th July 2015, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in AIPMT to get admission in AIIMS?

Please explain me that how much percentage is required in AIPMT exams to get admission in AIIMS(all indian institute of medical sciences

17th July 2015, 09:08 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in AIPMT to get admission in AIIMS?

First thing which I would like to you clear that both AIPMT and AIIMS are two different examination and neither of them is dependent on each other.

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test and AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science which are held for the selection of students for their medical courses from government colleges other than AIIMS aided by Central government and only AIIMS respectively.

The selection of students for admission in the AIIMS is done through the AIIMS entrance examination.

The necessary educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Biology and Chemistry as your main subjects from a recognized board of education with at least 60% aggregate in each ( relaxation of 10% aggregate is provided to SC/ST & PH candidates ).

Also your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the last date of year in which you are appearing for the same examination.

Generally the cutoffs for this entrance examination lies around 50% marks of total marks for general candidate.

For more information regarding the AIIMS entrance examination you can visist the link www,aiimsexams.org where as for AIPMT you can log on to www.aipmt.nic.in.
17th July 2015, 10:00 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

When we talk about AIMS , only the toppers of the tesf (AIPMT) are able to take admission in AIMS. I can't tell you about the exactly how many percentage or marks you need to get admitted in the same because merit list changes year by year
So , you must beed to score more marks to get admitted in the desired college
17th July 2015, 04:25 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

AIIMS stands for All India Institute Medical Sciences

Required eligibility for AIIMS MBBS is as follows:

* Must have attained the age of 17 years.
* Must have completed 10+2 from recognised board.
* Must have taken minimum 60% marks by General category candidate and 50% marks by reserved category candidate.
* Must have compulsorily studies the subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English

Few tips for better performance in AIIMS MBBS Examination:

* Revise the NCERT Books of subjects.
* Solve out more and more old question papers as it helps you knowing the pattern and difficulty level of question paper.
* Pay special attention on consolidation of basic concepts.
* Keep focusing on academic subjects more rather than General Knowledge section.
17th July 2015, 06:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for the All India Para Medical Test and it is the common examination conducted by the CBSE for the admission in the different central recognised colleges to pursue the medical courses.

AIIMS stands for the All India Institute of Medical Science and it is among the best institute for the medical courses. Admission in the AIIMS is not through the AIPMT examination as there is examination conducted by the AIIMS for it.

The eligibility to appear for AIIMS examination is candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the board examination with the PCB and having at least and aggregate of the 55% and relaxation for the reserved category candidate.

The examination is conducted in the online based only. The examination are conducted in the month of June. The examination paper contains the question of the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and the General Knowledge.
17th July 2015, 06:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical/Dental Test.It is a national level undergraduate medical entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to MBBS and BDS seats under 15% All India Quota in Government medical and dental colleges of India .

The eligibility criteria for the AIPMT 2015 are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects with minimum 50% marks for general category and 40% marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates.

-It is necessary for a candidate to pass individually in all the subjects in 12th class examination to become eligible for the AIPMT 2015.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 17 years to 25 years.The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC/SC/ST candidates by 5 years.

Percentage required in AIPMT to get admission in AIIMS are as under :-

General category candidate : 50% marks required to qualify in the entrance exam .

OBC category candidate : 45% marks required to qualify in the entrance exam .

SC/ST category candidate : 40% marks required to qualify in the entrance exam .
17th July 2015, 11:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please explain me that how much percentage is required in AIPMT exams to get admission in AIIMS(all indian institute of medical sciences
If you want to pursue a medical degree from AIIMS then you have to sit for the AIIMS MBBS exam which is exclusively conducted by this college only. AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi) and the ones who wants to pursue MBBS programme from this reputed college needs to sit for the national level undergraduate medical entrance exam which this college conducts.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You have to pass higher secondary examinations with not less than 60% of marks at 10+2 level.
  • SC/ST candidates needs to get not less than 50% of marks.
  • As compulsory subjects you should have English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
  • You should not be less than 17 years when appearing for this exam.
Exam Pattern:-
  1. Exam Mode:- Computer Based Test
  2. Duration:- 3.5 hours duration
  3. Number of Questions:- 200 questions
  4. Type of Examination:- Objective Type
  5. Correct Answer:- 1 mark
  6. Incorrect Answer:- -1/3
  • Physics- 60 questions
  • Chemistry- 60 questions
  • Biology (Zoology a& Botany)- 60 questions
  • General Knowledge- 20 questions
Method of Cut-Off:-
  1. General- 50%
  2. Non-Creamy Layer- 45%
  3. SC /ST- 40%
Official Link: http://www.aiims.edu/
25th November 2015, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Difference between aiims and aipmt exam and fees of aiims after passing the aiims exam and what we can do after passing the aiims exam.
7th July 2016, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

sir i have got total 65% marks in 12th std.. but my biology ,physics ,and chemistry consists only 53% and if i combine the marks of english with my biology ,chemistry,and physics. then i am getting 60% marks....could i able to get admission in delhi aiims if i qualify aipmt with good marks?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?