10th July 2011, 01:09 AM
Pravin55

Physical requirements for IAS test? If I fail in the medical test then am I eligible for government job?

Wht is physical stndrd and wht type of test in medical test? If sum1 fails in medical can he eligible for a govt job?

15th August 2011, 10:56 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Physical requirements for IAS test? If I fail in the medical test then am I eligible for government job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravin55 View Post
Wht is physical stndrd and wht type of test in medical test? If sum1 fails in medical can he eligible for a govt job?
There are no particular special tests for physical Requirements for IAS entrance exam like in Indian Army or any other defense services selection.

But the candidate is expected to be medically fit. without any long term diseases. The physical requirements are barriers for IPS Indian Police services but not that considered in IAS

Candidates must be eligible as per the rules under Appendix III of the notification.

Many Physically challenged candidates are also been eligible for this exam under only few services like IAS/ISS etc.,

But mainly IPS Aspirants have to worry about Physical Requirements not the other service aspirants.

If you're a IPS aspirant once check out this file which I'm going to upload in Txt format so that you will get an idea what will be the physical requirements.

Have a look at it.

Regards

~AdityA~
Attached Files
File Type: txt physical requirements.txt(2.9 KB, 5263 views)
24th August 2011, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Physical requirements for IAS test? If I fail in the medical test then am I eligible for government job?

eye fitness eligible for ias
11th November 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Physical requirements for IAS test? If I fail in the medical test then am I eligible for government job?

Im putting specs. Im eligible for Ips
25th November 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I am having low vision problem that is not curable can I became ias officer
1st December 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the requirements related to eye for central govt jobs?
1st December 2011, 07:09 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Physical requirements for IAS test? If I fail in the medical test then am I eligible for government job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravin55 View Post

Eligibility for Becoming an IAS Officer

In order to join the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) you need to clear the Civil Service Exams which takes place every year in two stages of Prelims and Mains..

The Prelims shall test your knowledge of your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude skills..

The Mains shall test your graduation knowledge..

If you clear both the exams..then you shall be eligible for appearing in the interview and for the final selection..

In order to appear for the Civil Service Exams..you need to fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria

1) You should be a graduate from a recognized college in any stream..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for the general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts for the general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST..there is no limit..

You should fulfill the basic medical requirements as required by any other job( without any serious disease or ailment)

Other than that..there is no physical requirement for joining the IAS..and yes you can surely apply for other government jobs..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
28th December 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

is there a kind of physical or medical test in IAS exams
12th January 2012, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

i have an eye sight problem can i eligible for ias?
18th January 2012, 12:27 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi dear,
After completion of your B TECH you should have all the basic knowledge of your academic subjects,
You should be good in your communication skills,
Your way of appearing and talking is very important.
You have to go through the
written examination conducted by the company.
*General test.
*Aptitude test.

There will be a group discussion.
Then Interview:
*Technical
*Non-Technical
You are asked and given opportunity to show your skills.

Be prepared with all this.
You will definitely be selected.
25th January 2012, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

I want to know candidate suffering from heart disease is eligible for IAS??? hole in heart or heart valve problem??? kindly reply me fast...
11th February 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

my eye sight is -2
am i eligible for IAS???
2nd March 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I have thyroid. M I eligible for ias?
8th March 2012, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

there is any percentage limit for IAS EXAM IN gradution
9th March 2012, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

for which post , IAS exam is taken
5th April 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

whether wearing of spects cause any problem for ias medical test?
13th April 2012, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

Is a person suffering from scoliosis eligible for IAS?
5th May 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

will short heightness create any problem in cse ?
18th May 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Height is requir or not
14th July 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

What type of tests in medical exam for ias
3rd September 2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

I am having left vision problem that is not curable can I became ias officer
edu. qualification complete to bsc radiology 68%
plz sir,
help this [email protected]
5th November 2012, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

i am having right vision problem that is not curable.it is -17,but my left eye is -3 that is a normal standard.
can i pass the medical test of ias exam.
8th November 2012, 01:04 PM
AAI ..

HELLO SIR..........

Completion of your B TECH you should have all the basic knowledge of your academic subjects,You should be good in your communication skills,Your way of appearing and talking is very important.You have to go through the
Written examination conducted by the company.

General test.

Aptitude test.

ALL THE BEST............
29th December 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Im having eye sight is am i eligible to write ias exam?
please give me full details regarding Apendix-III physical standards to my
email:[email protected] please give a reply to me
30th December 2012, 10:43 AM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
yes.
This exam is conduced by UPSC every year.
there are two exams :
1. priliminery exam
2. main exam.

And i have atteched one file of physical requirements , it will help you.

umang_28

Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical requirements for IAS.txt(2.9 KB, 1019 views)
12th February 2013, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a hiv positive so i become a ias officer?
1st March 2013, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

WHICH TYPE OF MEDICAL TEST IS NEEDED TO BE AN IAS OFFICER
21st June 2013, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

HI
I have myopia -6 in right eye and -3.75 in left eye. All other medical requirements are satisfied by me. Am I eligible for IPS ?
14th August 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i dont have birth certificate.is it need for ias exam?
5th September 2013, 08:45 AM
userias

HI Sir,

I have a friend in guntur who is very intelligent and has a bright academic career

But, unfortunately, he is infected with HIV and now diagnosed as HIV positive. Is he eligible to write IAS exam???

or is he eligible for anyother UPSC eams??? please reply...

regards,
Raju Kamalesh Naidu
28th October 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

i am hepatitis b patient, may i eligible for IAS post..plz gys reply correctly
6th November 2013, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

I m suffering from thyroid..m I eligible to appear in IAS exm...
6th November 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I m a thyroid patient..m I eligible to appear in IAS exam?
28th December 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

What happens if a person fails in an IPS medical test. Does he need to write UPSC once again?
13th February 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have a diabitic person can i become an ias officer,please give me ans,i am 20years old.
18th February 2014, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

my left eye low vision then i elligible for ias entrance and main exam please clear about dout
18th February 2014, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

my left eye low vision then i elligible for ias entrance and main exam please clear about dout
18th March 2014, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

I had a operation of my leg In the year 2007 can be eligible for IAS exam in the year 2014
21st March 2014, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have 1 testis only by birth. I am healthy and full fill all other requirements that is required for IAS. sir am i eligible for IAS please reaply me as soon as possible.. because nowhere is clearly mention about this problem
21st March 2014, 03:45 PM
sunnyarora0004

sir, i have 1 testis only by birth. I am healthy and full fill all other requirements that is required for IAS. sir am i eligible for IAS please reaply me as soon as possible.. because nowhere is clearly mention about this problem
28th April 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I have a colour vision problem.My eye power is also -6D.Am i eligible for IES and IAS job?
I am an electrical engineer...
2nd February 2015, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Honourable Sir/Madam,
I have a little moul spot on my left back since birth (three square cm area. Will it affect to get selected in IAS ?

kindly answer.
-Bapi Biswas
10th February 2015, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have single testis by birth I am fully healthy and fit sir is I eligible for ies exam...
15th March 2015, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

I have grade 1 haemmhoroid ( grade 1 piles ) , can I paas medical test or any other way ? suggest please
18th June 2015, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I have 28 teeth because 5 teeth has cavity I went to know am medical fit or not
30th August 2015, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

if somebody who is a physically handicapped person and he want to become a ias officer,it is possible belong to the rules and regulations for ias and also the hiv patients are also eligible to become ias officer ?
4th December 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am finally selected as a geologist of upsc , but in my medical check up my weight is 3 kg short . So am i elegible for this service ? Will i be rejected by the medical board ?
20th January 2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Can HIV positive person become IAS officer ? Is there any discrimination on medical test revealed HIV positive?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?