23rd July 2012, 11:38 AM
manish.osian

Placement scope in IT branch? I am interested in computers

I've alloted IT branch in govt. college udaipur through rpet.......but i'm confused about placements scope in this branch. i'm interested in computers,......should i join or apply for re-councelling

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope in BME? How good are the placements in this branch?
  2. What's the future of CSE and IT graduates? How they can get a job in recession period? I've passed 12th with 80% marks in science stream
  3. Which branch is better between computers and E&TC? I am interested in Aerospace Engineering
  4. Which branch should I choose if I am interested in Cars and Computers?
  5. Which are the courses available after passing 12th? I am not interested in IT and computers
  6. What is the scope of chemical engineering?
  7. Which M.Tech field/branch should I take to get a good placement/salary after doing B.E ECE?
  8. What is the future scope of Chemical Engineering if done from BIT Mesra? Placement history of this institute?
  9. What is the scope of industrial production branch in India?
  10. Which stream in B.Tech is good to get a job in abroad? Can I apply for higher studies or get a job in abroad? -- [New]
  11. How much placement can a Automobile Engineer can get nowadays?
  12. How can I get admission for Video Editing having completed my B.Tech with Electrical branch and secured less than 60%? What is the scope in this field?
  13. How many MBBS seats this year? Both Government and Private Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which is the best course in B.Tech?
  15. Can I do B.Tech again with change in branch? I have completed B.Tech in computers
  16. What is the scope for B-Tech in Biomedical engineering? What is the payscale of Biomedical engineer?
  17. Which branch is good between E&TC and industrial engg
  18. Scope in MDS Pedodontics branch? Details about the top colleges in AP and how can I approach for those colleges?
30th July 2012, 11:24 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Placement scope in IT branch? I am interested in computers

IT(Information Technology) is one of the good branch of engineering. Placement from this branch is also good. There are so many MNCs working in software field those recruit IT and computer science students every year in a huge number. As you are interested to study in computer related field and as you have already get chance to take admission in a government engineering college then you should not change it.

Study attentively in IT branch and after completion of your engineering there must be good campus placement from your college as it is government college. So I think you will be placed in a company after immediate completion of your engineering. So you should not be confused now. You get a good opportunity to study in government college you should not miss it.

Now a days may be software industry in not running in a well conditioned. Still there are lots of opportunities and they recruit a big number of candidates every year. Some of the top software companies are TCS, CTS, Infosys, Wipro and many more. This situation will not run for a long time. They will recover very soon. May be when you will pass out from engineering then there will be good market in software field. Then you will get very good opportunity.

As you are interested in computer related study then there is no question coming to go for re-counseling. Because IT is study on computer related course. It is almost similar with computer science engineering. So just don't be confused. Study hard with attentiveness. Surely you will get good opportunity in future.

Best of luck.
30th July 2012, 12:33 PM
aman@007

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.osian View Post
I've alloted IT branch in govt. college udaipur through rpet.......but i'm confused about placements scope in this branch. i'm interested in computers,......should i join or apply for re-councelling
hi friends,

Information technology is a very good and promising branch at the present time that has most number of jobs and has the most paid jobs in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
branch

IN IT BRANCH you will learn about various languanges like C , C++ , JAVA , SQL , LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM AND MANY MORE
and also some basics of ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION subjects like analog electronics and digital electronics...

so you can place in companies related to IT like wipro ,epic , microsoft , googleetc.... AND ALSO IN COMPANIES RELATED TO ELECTRONICS like various PSU'S and BEHL etc......

hope this will help you....
30th July 2012, 01:02 PM
Benduluri

**Best Wishes**

There is lot of scope for placement in IT branch

if you complete you B.Tech in IT branch with good percentage and with good subject lot of companies welcomes you

Be prepared well up to date and learn new technologies like .net,java,salesforce
these are help full for your career growth

Do practice on aptitude and arthimatic also

**All the best have a bright future**
30th July 2012, 01:04 PM
Benduluri

**Best Wishes**

if you complete your B.Tech in IT branch with good percentage and with good subject lot of companies welcomes you

Be prepared well up to date and learn new technologies like .net,java,salesforce

**All the best have a bright future**
30th July 2012, 01:44 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

If you are interested in the computer or IT field than you have very good future scope. This is the only sector in which the job opportunity is more than the others sectors. Your interest can reach you at the top. To get the job in IT sector you should have the BCA, B.Tech, B.Sc, MCA, M.Tech, and M.Sc qualifications. In this era there are lot of IT companies are present and I think sure you will get the job if you have the good knowledge.
30th July 2012, 02:00 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello

As you have got this government college which is a good one but you are confused regarding whether you should take It branch or apply for next counseling so that you can get Computers branch in the same college or in some different college.

placement scope of it branch is not at all less than CSE branch but yes the only difference regarding both of them is that It branch is purely related to software's while CSE is related both with software's and hardware's.

About CSE and It branches:
Almost 90% of the syllabus covered in the two branches is same,the only difference comes in Pre-final or third year.

hence a student of CSE can be placed in top IT companies but there is a wider scope of CSE field.

IT field on the other hand has a lot of scope too but its CSE which develops (IT Too) develops technology but since most of the softwares are made the focus of Both is in softwares but presence of hardware in CSE develops more opportunities for students.

These branches give good placement opportunities as the top recruiters in India are IT companies(which recruit both
Computer Engineering and Information technology students).

top recruiters

>>Tata consultancy services(TCS)
>>Infosys
>>Patni computers
>>tech mahindra
>>cognizant
>>sapient
>>oracle
>>HCL

so what should I do know?
so should not be worried too much of Branch whether CSE or It but yes both provides good placement opportunities but if you can apply for next counseling and get computers branch that will be more than good and even if not then too not much of a problem if you study hard and prepare for your core subjects then you can get a chance to work with the best in the business.

NOTE--
The largest recruitments in India are made by It companies in India(which recruits both CSE and IT graduates).

so work hard to get placed !!!!

hope this helped

with regards
roknits
30th July 2012, 03:28 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
information technology is a very good engineering branch.
earlier its scope was going down but now a days it is having very good job opportunities.
all the multinational companies are hiring it engineers and are giving very good salary also.
the topmost companies like tcs, tech mahindra, infosys etc are giving very goos jobs and salaries to it engineers.
so, you must take this branch to have a good career.
30th July 2012, 07:29 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!!

-->its purely based on your skill set and talent you will perfoem in the interview conducted by the particular company.

-->if you are highly talent then definitely you will get the good package.

-->we can't judge the salary for you based on your b.tech degree,college brand name and CPGA.

-->college brand name and CPGA will help you only to a particular extent i.e to attend the interview or written exam.

-->as you are a IT student you should have some of these qualities to get a nice job:-

excellent programming skills
technical knowlede
communication skills
leadership qualities

all the best go ahead and work hard!!
31st July 2012, 02:36 AM
archanagalenka

Thumbs up Re: Placement scope in IT branch? I am interested in computers

hi friend,
you can take which branch you have interest either computer science or IT...
Computer Engineering

– Computer is new and emerging branch ,this engineering stream teaches about the design, development, manufacture and maintenance of computer components.There is great placement scope and also there is big demand of computer professionals in developed countries and packages offered are sky high.
Electronics and Communication Engineering

-In past it is known by Electronics but after addition of communication the popularity of branch gone high upward.This branch course is mixture of computer & electrical course content, so this course is known for both design and development. It mainly contain private sector employees.
Information Technology

-This branch is very much similar to CS branch.Study of available software/hardware resources.It is also have very high package placement scope.You can recruit as database administrator,webmaster, programmer and security analyst.
Electrical Engineering

– This branch is core branch which have vast scope in private as well as in govt. sector .This course deals with transmission, production and distribution of electrical power.But is amazing fact that student start discards this branch from few years.
Mechanical Engineering

– This is oldest core branch of engineering concerned with the design, construction, and operation of power plants, engines, and machines. It deals mostly with things that move.The study content of this branch is kinematic, thermodynamic,hydraulics,heat engines etc.Demand and placement of this branch is increase in coming years....

ALL THE BEST....
1st August 2012, 12:57 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi..!!

-->there is a lot of scpoe for placement in IT branch.

-->if you complete your b.tech in IT with good %age then lot of companies are there to welcome you.

-->be prepared fully.

-->make your logics strong as much as you can.

-->learn the languages like:-
-dot net

java

php

c

c++

oracle

database

-->make your aptitude part strong

all the best...
28th November 2012, 04:49 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,,

Placement scope in IT branch

1.oracle
2.tcs
3.wipro
4.mind tree
5.tech mahindra
6.patni comp.
7.cognizant
8.l&t
9.satyam comp.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th June 2013, 12:51 AM
Winning Spirit

Dear friend,

* The thing that you have opted for is one of the ever green fields both in India and abroad.

* You have the best career option of becoming an software engineer opting for the course.

* You have a very bright future and a wider scope so you need not go for any re counselling. My hearty wishes for you to excel in this field.

Best wishes :-)
11th July 2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

SIR, IAM GETTING IT BRANCH IN HERITAGE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY BUT I AM CONFUSED REGARDING PLCEMENT FROM THIS COLLEGE.SO,PLEASE SUGGEST MORE OPTIONS.
16th July 2013, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

GOOD MORNING DEAR SIR.MY NAME IS GOURAV SONI AND NOW I AM AN IT STUDENT IN MBM COLLEAGE JODHAPUR. IWANT T KNOW SCOPE OF THIS BRANCH COMPANIES RELATED TO THIS FIELD. ALSO I WANT TO KNOW SKILL I MUST DEVELOPE TO GET VERY GOOD JOB.I WILL BE THANKFULL FOR ADVICE.
17th July 2013, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

sir which is a good branch ...dairy technology or information technology ??
19th July 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE IS RECESSION IN IT BRANCH?
30th July 2013, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

sir i am confused witin it branch or cs branch or mechenical branch but iec enng clg in greater noida give me it branch please suggest me which branch give me best placement in 2017 please suggest me right option.
4th August 2013, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have done my diploma in ECE from government college and now i have got the seat in the Sant longowal institute in the IT Engg. branch . so please tell me is this good for my future if i will do my B.TECH in IT after doing my diploma in ECE.
sparsh
22nd July 2014, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir Im Rajnish kumar frm Ludhiana i take admn in B.E sir what is the scope for that in india & salary package
12th July 2015, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I AM SELECTED IN NIT ALLAHABAD FOR IT BRANCE THEN I WANT TO SAY THAT ,I AM WDNT TO BECOME IN FUTURE GOOD SUCCESFULL PLECEMENT ,Thank u
21st August 2015, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

SIR, IAM GETTING IT BRANCH IN National INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLGY raipur BUT I AM CONFUSED REGARDING PLCEMENT FROM THIS COLLEGE.So please suggest me what I should do?
25th September 2015, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

what should i have do after completion of my diploma in i.t..is b.tech. right for me
8th October 2015, 01:28 PM
muneer tyagi

Talking Re: Placement scope in IT branch? I am interested in computers

thanx a lot

if you complete you B.Tech in IT branch with good percentage and with good subject lot of companies welcomes you

**All the best have a bright future**[/QUOTE]
17th June 2017, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Which branch I should choose IT or ECe....for my carrier..which have better placement?
2nd August 2020, 04:18 PM
Ishathakur578

Thumbs up Re: Placement scope in IT branch? I am interested in computers

As the IT Industry is growing rapidly placement scope in IT branch is very good. Every year lots of student are recruited from this branch. If you are interested in programming then opt for CE or IT. Moreover, if you are interested in computer components and making and its working then go for ECE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?